Thread: The Red Button!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation The Red Button!

If there was a big red button in a room with only a single person to guard it, and if pressed this button would launch a nuclear apocalypse, should you be the person to guard that button?

Personally I know that I am not the person that should be guarding that button. I am not saying I am a bad guy, in fact I am a really nice guy in person. I just know I occasionally have a shockingly horrific dark side. It actually scares my good side to think what it might be capable of. My curiosity level is also much greater than normal.

We'll for better or worse that's me. What's your story?
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-01-11 at 08:53 PM.

Deleted
    Hell no! What did I do to deserve that? Sounds like a punishment

10+ Year Old Account
    You're asking if we would guard a button that, if pressed, sends the world into nuclear apocalypse, thus effectively ending all life, including ours?

This seems like a no brainer. I'd guard it and just never press it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Deleted
    Too much power for me....the temptation would be too great to resist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    You're asking if we would guard a button that, if pressed, sends the world into nuclear apocalypse, thus effectively ending all life, including ours?

This seems like a no brainer. I'd guard it and just never press it.
    you CLEARLY never did Mirmiron Hard Mode...

OT...no one man/woman/thing should have such power

It's funny because I learned in my political science class years ago that there are people in nuclear submarines whose job it is to wait for an order to press the "red" button. My professor happened to be a friend of one of those people in the subs and he told us they just stay in the subs for weeks just playing their gameboy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take a set of wire cutters to said button.

Yes I should be the one to press ... I mean guard the button.

Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    It's funny because I learned in my political science class years ago that there are people in nuclear submarines whose job it is to wait for an order to press the "red" button. My professor happened to be a friend of one of those people in the subs and he told us they just stay in the subs for weeks just playing their gameboy.
    I flew with a captain not to long ago who was a B-52 pilot during the cold war. talked a lot about what it was like being on standby for "The call." I guess once or twice a month they would be on call and locked into a ready reserve building near their aircraft for a few days. he said it was largely boring and they watched a lot of Dr Strangelove.

now, OP are you suggesting that you wouldn't want to guard the button because you think you have a dark streak that is dark enough to actually push it? basically saying you might push it because fuck all? That might just be a wee bit too edgy.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    you CLEARLY never did Mirmiron Hard Mode...

OT...no one man/woman/thing should have such power
    I mean if this were an instance where pressing the big red button unleashed a giant robot that shot lasers, missiles, and set 3/4 of the world on fire....I might press it just because that would be kind of a cool way to go out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Deleted
    I'd be too tempted to press it so yes, I should be guarding it

10+ Year Old Account
    Physically no, there are plenty of people who could easily overpower me.
    mentally? Sure. I put the human race as a whole above anything else on the planet.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Deleted
    Guard it from who? I'm by no means a big and guardish kind of person, I wouldn't last 15 seconds of a fight with someone determined to end the world...

However, I would not accept the offer, but even if I somehow got the job anyways I wouldn't press the button.

What's the pay?

Nope, sounds like prison to me. If the button was portable, sure. I would take it and go and bury it somewhere.

How else would you start Mimiron's hard mode?

Deleted
    I wouldn't press it but wouldn't want to guard it either. Not much I could do if someone actually did want to press it, so no point really. I'd just leave and hope for the best..

*presses the bottom 100000 times* why is it not working!

Well that depends...do YOU want Armageddon?...if so i'm your guard...i just wouldn't be able to stop myself

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd press that button the instant I got within range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.