Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why does Bloodbath sucks so much for me?

Heres my armory.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Dalch/simple

So, why the hell my Bloodbath hits for so little? If I use it with Recklessness, Banner and the trinket, i can barely reach 25k/tick
    If I use it only with the trinket, I managed to hit 15k after using Dragons Roar, just to end up with it ticking for....6k

What am I doing wrong?

It's not about the small ticks, but the amount of overall damage it does. Don't expect it to tick for 100k for 12 seconds, check recount after a boss fight, and if you are doing it right, it should account for a pretty good chunk of your overall dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Heres my armory.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Dalch/simple

So, why the hell my Bloodbath hits for so little? If I use it with Recklessness, Banner and the trinket, i can barely reach 25k/tick
    If I use it only with the trinket, I managed to hit 15k after using Dragons Roar, just to end up with it ticking for....6k

What am I doing wrong?
    Blood bath only affects melee special attacks, Dragon Roar doesn't affect it I think. Read the tool tip and try it out on a dummy.

Of course it does.

And I get taht I should look at the overall damage. But I have a hard time believing that a 7k/tick dot can outweight 20% increased damage like most people say.

If your average bloodbath tick is 7k you are probably doing something wrong. What exactly might be the issue though isn't really easy to tell with just a couple random numbers being thrown around.

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Of course it does.

And I get taht I should look at the overall damage. But I have a hard time believing that a 7k/tick dot can outweight 20% increased damage like most people say.
    Not sure what your expecting from a 1 min cooldown?

Each use will buff your overall damage but a single use will never be as strong as a 3 min cooldown, hell even you may have to use it spell 4 or 5 times at least before it truly shines (which shouldn't be a problem in normal/heroic raids)

If the ability truly needs adjustment (because lets not forget about the secondary effect) then Blizzard usually does change a spell. The only exception to this is when another ability is to strong which results in people not using other ability's (or even specs).

You should probably enchant your stuff, weapons especially.

Deleted
    It's not exactly rocket science. You're comparing 30% increased special damage for 12 seconds every minute with 20% all damage for 20 seconds every 3 minutes, and expect the latter to be stronger? Outside of fights with very specific damage buff phases the former should obviously be stronger. Just because the 30% extra damage is delivered through a 6 second dot, that is pretty much irrelevant beyond very short lived mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    It's not exactly rocket science. You're comparing 30% increased special damage for 12 seconds every minute with 20% all damage for 20 seconds every 3 minutes, and expect the latter to be stronger? Outside of fights with very specific damage buff phases the former should obviously be stronger. Just because the 30% extra damage is delivered through a 6 second dot, that is pretty much irrelevant beyond very short lived mobs.
    Fucking thing deleted both my posts.. TLDR: Bloodbath is alot better for PvE due to much higher uptime, it lasts a total 18seconds, not just 6. For PvP all 3 are good, pick what your comp needs and what you like.

Bloodbath is more powerful most of the time because its on a short cd that lines up nicely with CS and you control the amount of damage it does, meaning if your not maximizing the amount of damage your doing with it up you can make it do less than optimal damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Fucking thing deleted both my posts.. TLDR: Bloodbath is alot better for PvE due to much higher uptime, it lasts a total 18seconds, not just 6. For PvP all 3 are good, pick what your comp needs and what you like.
    What? The debuff may last for 18 seconds on the target but that's as irrelevant as the OP's concerns about it not ticking for much. The buff you get to produce that debuff lasts 12 seconds, and it multiplies all special damage you do over that 12 second period by 30%, and delivers it through a dot that lasts 6 seconds. It could be delivered through a dot that lasts 2 seconds or 15 seconds, it'd be pretty much irrelevant for pve apart from if the mob was going to die soon, important thing is that it affects 12 seconds of special attacks every 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    BB is 6-7% of my damage, which is exactly around what it should be for something that does 30% yellow attack damage on a 20% uptime. DR does add the damage to BB. If the damage sucks, you're doing something wrong. Should be BB->DR->CS-HL-MS/BT (depending on arms/fury) etc getting as many yellow hits in as possible.

TL;DR its not BB that sucks.

If you don't see how 30% yellow damage every minute can beat out 20% damage every 3 minutes, o.0...
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-01-12 at 09:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    Bloodbath isn't very good for PvP, because unfortunately the DoT is removed by anything that can remove Snares. For example, if a Paladin uses Hand of Freedom, your Bloodbath won't work.

How much does BB contribute to everyone's overall damage? For me it is usually around 6%-6.5% of my damage. I have 480 ilvl. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    How much does BB contribute to everyone's overall damage? For me it is usually around 6%-6.5% of my damage. I have 480 ilvl. Is this normal?
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Yes it is.
    Thank you for the confirmation.

Ok, think the problem here is that people dont see that BB is not a dot that stacks (just keeps on adding until its out). Why the number goes down with time is since the attacks you did after 6s no longer tick. So in the end when the BB is falling off it only ticks for the amount of dmg done in the last seconds while the buff was on you, not for the dmg that was done for the full duration of buff on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    Bloodbath isn't very good for PvP, because unfortunately the DoT is removed by anything that can remove Snares. For example, if a Paladin uses Hand of Freedom, your Bloodbath won't work.
    Never knew it was like that :/ Damn, been using it alot lately for the low cooldown and dots are great when ur uptime on foes isnt 100%. So, it douple dips in resi and is removed quite often.. Im back to the damn avatar. Blizz should really fix Bloodbath to inflict 2 Debuffs, another for slow and another for DoT.

Let me rephrase my topic a bit, as I have been using BB for more time now.

I know that it does more damage than Avatar overall, I'm asking HOW I can make that happen. Because, right now, I pop banner and BB, use Dragons Roar, and bam, 30k tick. Then I hit Bloodthirst, and bam, the 30k tick turns into a 25k tick, and that keeps going down and down as long as I keep dealing damage.
    What should I do? Just use Dragons Roar and stop hitting the boss? Or keep with my normal rotation and suck up the 7~9k ticks?

10+ Year Old Account
    If your normal ticks are that low, either your burst rotation sucks, or your rotation just sucks.

As fury, assuming this isn't your opening burst, you should have CS ready to use, but not used yet, and a good pool of rage, plus dragon roar, and a charge of RB.

BB->DR->BT->CS->RB->RB->HL and spamming HS back into normal rotation. I've seen it get to 300k ticks on AoE fights, and it isn't rare to see the first tick or two hitting for 100k+.