Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Liberals everywhere in this bitch....it's all around you and you don't even know it...
    by all means .....enlighten us. if you are just here to spout shit then stick a foot in it.

Quote Originally Posted by fender010 View Post
    I guess if algebra is liberal, then ignorance and stupidity must be the conservative agenda.
    In Texas they tried to remove teaching of critical thinking in schools a while ago, because it could lead to questioning established authority and beliefs (their own words, not mine), so it must be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liberals everywhere in this bitch....it's all around you and you don't even know it...
    k tell me what I'm doing wrong and I'll try to fix it if there's actually something wrong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    k tell me what I'm doing wrong and I'll try to fix it if there's actually something wrong
    Do you notice and recognize Miracles?

I believe in miracles
    Where're you from,
    you sexy thing, you
    sexy thang you
    I believe in miracles
    since u came along,
    you sexy thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, miracles that can be explained. Do you believe in reason and logic?

Sure, miracles that can be explained.
    If they can be explained then they're a natural phenomena.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I believe in miracles
    Where're you from,
    you sexy thing, you
    sexy thang you
    I believe in miracles
    since u came along,
    you sexy thing
    That's a better song! Then what I was thinking of:

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a better song! Then what I was thinking of:

haha one of my favs

If they can be explained then they're a natural phenomena.
    shhhh

Deleted
    haha one of my favs

shhhh
    I was trying to (poorly) summarize the typical conservative pundit arguments regarding liberals in a lyrical form, I don't want to give the impression I agree with those people or arguments - or even to endorse the Insane Clown Posse.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It's always good to look for the source material and evaluate what you read no matter where you read it. Most of the time Fox gets shit wrong (horribly wrong), but I happen to think in this instance that the article linked in the OP is misleading and not accurately portraying what was actually said on the segment.
    Even so, you still have Fox sifting through the hundreds or thousands of worksheets that Scholastic produces to find one that they can spin for the inbred bunker-dwelling neanderthal crowd.

This thread is misleading...they are attacking the method for teaching the distributive property and how it suggests distributing the wealth. They are not attacking the subject matter actually being taught. Does it have a "potential" political undertone? Yes, but it is very unlikely that it is intentional and pretty much impossible that it will in any way affect the thinking of a child later in life, and so that makes it still propaganda.

The idiots making this argument acknowledge that they don't understand what it is (which is sad, it is basic algebra) and proceed to make themselves out to be even dumber than just a lack of simple elementary math skills. But in no way do they say that the teaching of the distributive property is liberal indoctrination. They are taking issue with how it is presented only.

As much as I hate to defend fox news, you are spinning this just as much as they spin things which helps no one. You are just as bad as they are either in your lack of understanding what you are actually talking about or in some attempt at spreading propaganda...or both not sure which but either way please think about what you say and the potential consequences of being an enabler and encouraging people to not think for themselves and to think irrationally.
    Last edited by Zylos; 2013-01-12 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    There isn't much of a difference except for Obamacare, not declaring a war halfway across the world, subsidizing green energy instead of oil companies. Should there have been a bigger difference ? No.
    Obama doesn't have to declare wars when no one dares to touch his internationally illegal drone bombings against SUPPOSED enemy fighters with massive civilian casualties.

At this point, I think I'm more worried about what Fox News' effect on the stupid people on the left is than it's effect on the stupid people of the right.

I mean, seriously? Seriously? This many of you actually think he takes issue with algebra itself? It's rather frightening when given all the legitimate areas to criticize Fox News and even the right on, you still make shit up. Why do you have to create this fantasy of him hating algebra itself rather than him being paranoid over "indoctrination"?

It's like Romney's 47% comment. He lumped 47% of america together as lazy and incapable of voting for someone other than the person who promises them more benefits. What do you do? You make shit up about him not caring about those 47% as if he thought they should crawl into a gutter and die. Seriously? He just insulted 47% of America but your only response is to make shit up?!

At least this isn't as bad as that "Fox News Viewer average IQ is 80" that was posted before. Y'know. That one study that was published by a conservative non-profit think tank? The think tank that doesn't actually exist? The one attributed to a Dr. who, while might exist, clearly has no actual tie to any "conservative non-profit think tank" that doesn't exist? The one that came from the same place as an article talking about bigfoot DNA linking him to humans genealogically? The one that people on this board accepted without question and refused to believe wasn't true? Yeah, that was fucking pathetic.

It's rather frightening to see people decrying inaccurate information, made up bullshit, and the news organization that spouts it by using their own inaccurate information and made up bullshit. You are no better than those people at Fox News, or those who watch it, that you so enjoy to mock. You fall for the same bullshit as they do so long as it has your desired slant to it. It is sad and fucking pathetic.
    Last edited by Xenofreak; 2013-01-12 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    The public education system is in such a horrible state, full of misinformation and wrong information
    Which you know how? Because Rush Limbaugh and friends say so?

Public education varies wildly. It depends on the district you're in. If nothing else in public school you won't be hearing about creationism or a 6,000 year old Earth, which is better than a lot of private schooling.

Deleted
    I don't even get surprised by things like this anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenofreak View Post
    At this point, I think I'm more worried about what Fox News' effect on the stupid people on the left is than it's effect on the stupid people of the right.

I mean, seriously? Seriously? This many of you actually think he takes issue with algebra itself? It's rather frightening when given all the legitimate areas to criticize Fox News and even the right on, you still make shit up. Why do you have to create this fantasy of him hating algebra itself rather than him being paranoid over "indoctrination"?

It's like Romney's 47% comment. He lumped 47% of america together as lazy and incapable of voting for someone other than the person who promises them more benefits. What do you do? You make shit up about him not caring about those 47% as if he thought they should crawl into a gutter and die. Seriously? He just insulted 47% of America but your only response is to make shit up?!

At least this isn't as bad as that "Fox News Viewer average IQ is 80" that was posted before. Y'know. That one study that was published by a conservative non-profit think tank? The think tank that doesn't actually exist? The one attributed to a Dr. who, while might exist, clearly has no actual tie to any "conservative non-profit think tank" that doesn't exist? The one that came from the same place as an article talking about bigfoot DNA linking him to humans genealogically? The one that people on this board accepted without question and refused to believe wasn't true? Yeah, that was fucking pathetic.

It's rather frightening to see people decrying inaccurate information, made up bullshit, and the news organization that spouts it by using their own inaccurate information and made up bullshit. You are no better than those people at Fox News, or those who watch it, that you so enjoy to mock. You fall for the same bullshit as they do so long as it has your desired slant to it. It is sad and fucking pathetic.
    It's still fucking stupid.

Kids don't pay attention to the wording of math problems. Neither do math teachers. Jesus. "Distribute this rich girl's money" isn't going to subliminally turn someone into a goddamn liberal.

And his whole argument is stupid.

"Schools are teaching kids that the US Government, not cowboys, killed the Indians." That's because, the US government killed the Indians. Who do you think employed General Custer? It was the American military killing the Indians. This isn't "liberal bias," this is historical fact.

"Schools are teaching that George Bush invaded Iraq because he incorrectly believed there to be weapons of mass destruction." I don't know where you were in 2003, but I do recall this being George Bush's fucking argument, and I do recall WMDs NOT being found. Again, historical fact

Maybe it isn't schools having this "liberal bias." Maybe it's reality that has a liberal bias. . .
    Putin khuliyo

or the teachings of christ :P

Not much to say here, I've come to learn what Fox "news" is all about. And it's not news...
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now lets go to CA where "Gay History" became a legally required course for all public schools in 2011. I'd say that's pretty damn Liberal myself.

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/22/138504...-the-classroom

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_898745.html

But I'm willing to bet that most of the sheeple who post on these forums will either ignore it or defend it as being "necessary" for some unknown reason.
    The history of the women's rights and LBGT rights movements will likely be more present in today's classrooms, given how culturally relevant they are. I don't see this as shocking at all, especially in a state like California that has played a relatively key role. Harvey Milk is from there, etc.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 11:50 AM ----------

When dealing in area's where homosexuals had a strong influence, such as the Bay area, I could see it being included in a "local history" type course. Mandating that the entire state involve courses beyond local history is, well, silly. Over-all someones sexuality shouldn't matter.

I mean most of our Founding Fathers were womanizing, cheating, alcoholics. Many of them fathered children out of wedlock. Some were, at one point or another, poor. And at least a couple owned slaves. None of which is generally taught in public school.
    I think you're fundamentally missing the point. The fact that you say "sexuality shouldn't matter" is because society is starting to progress to that point where they believe exactly that--that it's irrelevant. Society didn't always used to be that way, and there are many parts of society which still aren't. In Harvey Milk's time, that wasn't the most common view. It was relevant and seen as an impediment to serving the public.

And regardless of how horrible the education is, you can't speak out against all new additions to curriculum under the guise that other stuff is broken. Not updating it is only going to make it worse.