Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No it was just one big grind.

Nah, I've been there and done that. I enjoy new things.

Vanilla was fun when there was no better option. With today's high standards, everyone -Even I- would pretty much not want to play Vanilla again. I mean, come on: No hybrid DPS, NO dual talents, No Transmogrification etc. The onlyt upside would be the "no flying mounts allowed".

I would rather pay monthly for a Wrath of the Lich King server than a Vanilla one.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Deleted
    I'd rather not go vanilla, truth be told. Come on, who wants to do AQ? Talk about a nightmare.
    Now, if it was Burning Crusade however, I'd say yes without second thought. I really miss it.

Deleted
    No, I wouldn't enjoy paying for playing the same thing for years without any updates. :P

Deleted
    Pay to go back to clunky mechanics and poor itemisation and class design? No thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplekitti View Post
    No. People forget a lot of the negatives and remember it with rose-tinted glasses. Just accept it, things change and progress - there's no need to go back.
    Getting so tired of these comments, as if only YOU know what is fun and what isn't? The positive things far outshine the negative aspects of vanilla wow FOR ME, I did not "forget" anything. I would go back to vanilla and delete all my current chars in a heartbeat.

Hell no, Vanilla was fun back then but people tend to remember mostly the good parts and there was just so much things that utterly sucked. If some people want one thats fine.

Though I really miss server communities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muwatallis View Post
    Vanilla was fun when there was no better option. With today's high standards, everyone -Even I- would pretty much not want to play Vanilla again. I mean, come on: No hybrid DPS, NO dual talents, No Transmogrification etc. The onlyt upside would be the "no flying mounts allowed".
    - No hybrids so what, if you want to dps you roll a dps class, simple as. If you don't want to heal in PvE stay away from Paladins/priests etc.
    - Respeccing should hurt, if you respecced as a warrior to farm some gold on the weekend you felt the urge to farm as much as you could to make it worth it etc, what's wrong about that?
    - Transmorph not needed because gear actually looks good.

No, but I would be interested in going through the zones again and actually paying attention to the quests and lore, something I never did before the change, just to see how different it was. But no, I struggle to justify paying for the game now, so no way would I pay for an outdated version.

Deleted
    No, the community was half the experience and that part just wont work out judging by how some people act these days.

I would definitely give it a serious shot, it really depends what the premise of the the server would be. I really miss how WoW used to be, the game is nothing like it once was. I really think Blizz did a lot of bad decisions when it comes to convenience vs immersions and fun. I agree Vanilla and TBC was not perfect, but I dont think the game in the current situation is any close to being that either.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I paid to play on one back in 2004 till BC launched. The game has only gotten better in several ways since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    Hell no. Let that dreadful part of this game remain a thing of the past.

Deleted
    So many people in this thread pretending they played in vanilla when they actually started late WotLK

10+ Year Old Account
    By all that is holy, no.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla? No.
    Wrath? If I didn't have to pay / use Private servers then possibly(So I can actually enjoy more than one spec on my paladin).

I would play on it to be able to clear all Vanilla raids.

I am quite sure it would be a painfull grindy experience, but I would do it until clearing all raids, up to Naxx 40!

That's like paying for a bunch of 70's songs while you could be listening to Bieber or Gaga.
    So hell no.
    Hi