Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    You know i agree with the majority of your post. But I find it odd that'd a DH would skip the part of the leveling process the involves mainly ya know...demons :P
    I don't know if your an Altaholtic like my self but ... BC is boring to level through

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    it looks like no one here played Burning Crusade.

Illidan trained five Blood elven demon hunters. Three died in training, Leotheras the blind gone mad. Only one survived http://www.wowpedia.org/Varedis
    Metzen hinted that Illidan might come back as a redemption story if the WoW fans wanted. So He could easily come back and train new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    According to your same source though That's just a fraction of the demon hunter populace, albeit the most famous.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Demon_Hunter

It clearly states "Illidan was the most famous of the order". Which directly implies that he is neither the only one, nor the original, nor the teacher of new inductees.
    I just wanted to make a point, that it's not only Night Elves who can be Demon Hunters.

They could become demon Hunters if they find someone to teach them, but should they succeed they will most likely be viewed as outcast and constantly belittled, similar to the night elven demon hunters in their society.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not know much about Demon Hunters, but what I know is about High Elves. And at the event that some day they can be playable (Blizzard willing), there will be a series of classes that will be unable for them as:

• Warlocks (for their involvement with demons)
    • Demon Hunters (for the above reason)
    • Warriors (High Elves are not adept at melee)
    • Monks (for the above reason)
    • Necromancers (for being a class dark)
    • Death Knights (for the above reason)
    • Druids (the High Elves have nothing to do with nature)
    • Shamans (for the above reason)
    • Rune Masters (High Elves would never tattoo their bodies with runes)
    • Etc...

Deleted
    It would be interesting if only one race per faction could be a Demon Hunter - High Elves for the Alliance, and Blood Elves for the Horde. Though Night Elves would make sense also, yet that would be unbalanced :I

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot that Blizzard ignores the lore and logic in pursuit of marketing ... (see Night Elf Mages, Gnome Priests, Draenei Death Knights, Goblin Hunters, Blood Elf Warriors, etc ...)
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-01-12 at 01:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    • Death Knights
    • Druids (the High Elves have nothing to do with nature)
    High Elves would have had no choice in becoming Death Knights. More than 90% of the High Elf race were killed by the scourge during the siege of Quel'thalas, so Arthas could have made MILLIONS of High Elven Death Knights. And it's possible that High Elves had Druids of a different sort, actually - they weren't druids of the cenarion circle, who can shapeshift, but High Elven Druids were more like medieval garden keepers and botanists.

Source for High Elf "Druids": http://www.wowpedia.org/Elven_Druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    High Elves would have had no choice in becoming Death Knights. More than 90% of the High Elf race were killed by the scourge during the siege of Quel'thalas, so Arthas could have made MILLIONS of High Elven Death Knights. And it's possible that High Elves had Druids of a different sort, actually - they weren't druids of the cenarion circle, who can shapeshift, but High Elven Druids were more like medieval garden keepers and botanists.

Source for High Elf "Druids": http://www.wowpedia.org/Elven_Druid
    oh God! Then it's too late... No solution is possible! The end is near! Blizzard has sold a good fantasy universe for a few million dollars more ...
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-01-12 at 01:22 PM.

Deleted
    oh God! Then it's too late... No solution is possible! The end is near! Blizzard has sold a good fantasy universe for a few million dollars more ...
    It's funny how everything I said occoured in the Warcraft games, then :P If you don't see THAT as the real lore, then what is?

Could you please make reasonable arguments, I know you can, you aren't helping with spouting extremely one sided propaganda ;P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    In the exact following line I said that eye color change could happen anyway.

But you miss the fact that these physiological changes to orcs, broken and draenei have happened not just because mere closeness to fel magic, but to it being introduced to the environment in vast cuantities. If it was that easy, it would cause physiological differences to any warlock an anyone close to a warlock.

With the orcs and draenei is a case of magnitude. The orcs got green when demonic magic became their number one weapon. The utterly abused it and it got everywhere. Their magic were so volatile and used so indiscriminately that tainted the skin of their race by proximity exposure and warped the draenei into broken when directly used. But this is because it was butloads of fel magic.

The blood elven eyes are similar, tho fel magic wasn't rampant in this case, as it was used to power silvermoon and quel'thalas, after being siphoned and refined. It was a lot of energy, but the precautions made the side effects much lesser.

As we have seen, warlocks do not change near as much, nor theyr corrupt by proximity. I think it's most likely because the levels of fel are much lower. Think of it as radiation. Warlocks would be regular but slow beep, what changed the orcs and draenei would break the geiger counter; blood elves would be between this.

Now what I meant in my previous post. Would high elves eyes turn green anyway? maybe. elven eyes could be more susceptible to magic cause alterations, or maybe not.
    All true. Was just correcting the initial statement that you need to consume the Fel in order to be corrupted by it. Consuming it sure as shit helps, but is not required
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    I am contesting that High elves look down upon blood elves. The leader of the high elves Vereesa does so time after time.
    In 5.2 She helped Jaina kill ALL blood elves that were trying to leave instead of surrendering in Dalaran.

Premise 1: High elves are against using demonic energy to make themselves stronger.
    They openly opposed The Blood elves were using demonic energy to make
    themselves stronger after the sunwell was destroyed.

Premise 2: Demon hunters use demonic energy to make themselves stronger.

Conclusion: High elves would be opposed to becoming demon hunters

That is philosophy 101
    Your premises are both fallacious.

Blood elves consume fel magic to satiate their addiction. You use "Making themselves stronger" too vaguely to connect your first premise to the second. High elves refuse to feed on fel magic to quell their thirst. There lies the difference between blood elves and high elves. The consumption, not the use.

There's no lore that even implies that high elves where dead set against the use demonic energies; in absentia of information, we should assume that warlocks could have presented themselves organically as they did in other societies. And since the only hard evidence either against or in favor that we have about high elf warlocks is Summoner Nolric, the scale tips off on "yes, they can".

[*]Druids (the High Elves have nothing to do with nature)
    High Elves were actually experimentally practising Druidic Magic and there are 3 runestones spread in Quel'thalas for that reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muwatallis View Post
    High Elves were actually experimentally practising Druidic Magic and there are 3 runestones spread in Quel'thalas for that reason.
    Weren't the runestones erected to hide the magics of Silvermoon and not tip off the Burning Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    I enjoy WoW's lore but I am not extremely knowledgeable about all of it. It seems to be popular speculation that alliance may be getting High Elves as the next race and the next expansion may be the return of the burning legion. If it is BL, then a demon hunter class is pretty probable. My question is, if all of what I said came true, how against the lore would it be to have a High Elf demon hunter?
    I don't see how it would be any different than the already in-game Pandaren Warriors (Pandaren live in peace, yet they use rage as a resource?) and Undead holy priests.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Weren't the runestones erected to hide the magics of Silvermoon and not tip off the Burning Legion?
    Indeed it hid their magic and created a barrier.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Runestones

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    No a High - elf would not be a demon hunter.
    From lore taken from Illidan,...

So if high elves are a playable race they would not be:
    Warlocks, Demon hunters, Rogues, or Death knights
    according to lore high elves abhorred the practices of
    all these classes.

If demon hunters became a class, then you could play
    Ally - Human, dwarf, gnome, worgen, and Night elf of course.
    (side note: Night elf demon hunters would be accepted like Orc warlocks ie Not very well lore wise)
    Horde: Every horde race but Tauren (Orc, Troll, Forsaken, Belf, & Goblins)

Pandas would not be demon hunters either.
    I'll start with using Warlocks as an example. If a race is morally opposed to being a Warlock than they would be Morally opposed to becoming a Demon Hunter.

So the Question would an Alliance High Elf be morally opposed to becoming a Warlock?

Here is the list of known Alliance High Elf Classes from all 3 WC games and the RPG books.

classes: Ranger, Paladin, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Warrior, Wizard, Sorcerer, Arcanist, Dead shot, Argent Dawn templar, Scout, Warmage, Necromancer, Battle mage, Archmage

You will notice they can Be Necromancers.

Now considering that the Horde Has High Elves (aka Blood Elves) and they can be Warlocks I do not see any reason to believe that High Elves loyal to the Alliance couldn't decide to go the Fel route. In fact they would just to keep Gnomes from causing too much harm.

Now on to the assumption that the Alliance will get High Elves as Player Characters. I am sure that Blizzard has thought about it more than once. The only issue being if they did that they would have to give another iconic race to the Horde, and that would be Ogres. So I want you to think about it, and be perfectly logical is the Horde getting Ogres?

Reasons that blizzard hasn't given Ogres Two headed mages, Near Giant Sized. Granted they can go with 1/2 Ogres and solve that issue, but then the Alliance elves would have to be called 1/2 Elves to make it fair.

Which is ok since Arator the Redeemer is a Half-Elf Paladin and the son of high elven ranger Alleria Windrunner and the human paladin Turalyon, you will notice he has the blood elf model and the green glow eyes.

He is also fully Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I'll start with using Warlocks as an example. If a race is morally opposed to being a Warlock than they would be Morally opposed to becoming a Demon Hunter.

So the Question would an Alliance High Elf be morally opposed to becoming a Warlock?

Here is the list of known Alliance High Elf Classes from all 3 WC games and the RPG books.

classes: Ranger, Paladin, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Warrior, Wizard, Sorcerer, Arcanist, Dead shot, Argent Dawn templar, Scout, Warmage, Necromancer, Battle mage, Archmage

You will notice they can Be Necromancers.

Now considering that the Horde Has High Elves (aka Blood Elves) and they can be Warlocks I do not see any reason to believe that High Elves loyal to the Alliance couldn't decide to go the Fel route. In fact they would just to keep Gnomes from causing too much harm.

Now on to the assumption that the Alliance will get High Elves as Player Characters. I am sure that Blizzard has thought about it more than once. The only issue being if they did that they would have to give another iconic race to the Horde, and that would be Ogres. So I want you to think about it, and be perfectly logical is the Horde getting Ogres?

Reasons that blizzard hasn't given Ogres Two headed mages, Near Giant Sized. Granted they can go with 1/2 Ogres and solve that issue, but then the Alliance elves would have to be called 1/2 Elves to make it fair.

Which is ok since Arator the Redeemer is a Half-Elf Paladin and the son of high elven ranger Alleria Windrunner and the human paladin Turalyon, you will notice he has the blood elf model and the green glow eyes.

He is also fully Alliance.
    -Arator's eyes are blue, they were changed in patch 3.1

-The RPG's are considered non canon.

-High elves have a Warlock Trainer in Dalaran. Historically, NPC trainers always have been classes that the player characters can be.

-Ogres don't need to be made "half" They could just had a bend over animation to avoid collision with door frames.

So many empty assumptions about "this race cant be that class because of x"... so much taking RPG books as law...

Race is irrelevent... how does what species a person belongs to have any bearing on what they decide to do?? It makes as much sense as saying germans cant juggle, or japanese can't be bus drivers...

An elf is physically incapable of picking up a sword?
    They are unable to punch something?
    An elf is automatically and intrinsically a nice person and would never do anything bad in their lives?
    All characters are incapable of independant thought?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I forgot that Blizzard ignores the lore and logic in pursuit of marketing ... (see Night Elf Mages, Gnome Priests, Draenei Death Knights, Goblin Hunters, Blood Elf Warriors, etc ...)
    (in the standard Gnome Voice)

Incorrect good sir, Gnome do not have Priests we have Medics now some of our Medics have gotten it in their minds that they are Priests, But I tell you sir They are point of fact Medics, and learned to heal though the application of sound medical science. Zap it with holy magic, see if it lives.

Also I should point out That the Highborn Mages have rejoined the Night Elves in pursuit of great Justice.

(end of gnome voice)

You seem to make a lot of assumptions.

All death knights are Heroes of Azeroth who died during the First Surge invasion, so the difficulty is determining when the Draenei Death Knight Actually died and became enthralled to the Litch King. The inclusion of any race as Death Knight has more to do with will the Primary Faction Leaders accept the fallen heroes, the only reason Pandaren are not DKs is they were stuck on a turtle when Arthas killed and resurrected the DKs. With any race that was around from frozen throne to the end of Wrath you will find Death Knights.

Goblin hunters, the only class that can make use of guns and only one of the two Engineering races which make guns can be that class. I'm still pissed that they refuse to allow Gnomes to be Hunters, hell Gnomes would rather use a gun, and pets, Who collects more pets than Gnome Players.

Horde High Elf Warriors, they didn't get them until Wrath. However they had City Guards. The truth is there is no reason for any race not to be a warrior, High Elves are just reluctant but they have plenty of soldiers.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 11:53 AM ----------

I am starting to think you do not know the lore of the would all that well.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 12:06 PM ----------

-Arator's eyes are blue, they were changed in patch 3.1

-The RPG's are considered non canon.

-High elves have a Warlock Trainer in Dalaran. Historically, NPC trainers always have been classes that the player characters can be.

-Ogres don't need to be made "half" They could just had a bend over animation to avoid collision with door frames.
    This is how cannon works in all multi-genre fantasy worlds.

Primary Canon - The main source ie current version of WOW
    Secondary Canon - Old versions of Primary Source, previous versions of WOW (ie Cata, Wrath, BC, Vanilla)
    Old sources - WarCraft games (first to last expansion)
    Literary Sources - Novels, RPG books, Comic Books

The way it works is the source is valid until the Primary Canon source changes or contradicts it. Since the Alliance High Elves Have very little class lore since WC3 the and the most recent sources are the literary sources it is safe to continue to reference them until the time Blizzard makes a change. In fact I remember playing WC2 and wondering what an elven druid was.

The High Elf warlocks in Dalaran is are an Undead High Elf Darahir
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=29537/darahir

And the Alliance Trainer Summoner Nolric
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Summoner_Nolric

I know this as I play warlocks.