Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Wrathion Quests

Found some new Wrathion stuff over on Scrolls of lore

I Need a Champion
    You are a superb representative of your people, <race>. But I need someone special. I have big plans. And to enact them I will need a champion to carry my flame to the four corners of the world.

Are you the one?

Prove it to me on the Isle of the Thunder King! Lay waste to any mogu, Zandalari, or saurok that you find. Impress me!

Meet Me Upstairs
    There's someone I'd like you to meet. The Alliance's own crown prince recently paid a visit to this humble inn. I've instructed my guards to defend him from any Horde aggression — I don't want to draw any undue attention to myself.

He and I have been discussing world events, such as the battle along the southern shores, his encounter with Garrosh, and the upcoming assault on the Thunder King.

Come! Let's talk upstairs…

The Lightning Forge
    Everything is prepared, <name>, and I have selected you to be my champion.

Next, we must infiltrate the legendary Lightning Forge of the Thunder King himself! You and your faction will need to advance forward until the Lightning Forge is exposed, if it isn't already.

Once you have infiltrated the forge, meet me there. Be ready for a fight!

Secrets of the First Empire - Collect 20 Secrets of Empire and 40 Trillium Bar
    Heart of the Thunder King - ???
    Spirit of the Storm Lord - ???
    The Crown of Heaven - ???
    A Reckoning - ???

You know, Wraithion is among the cooler characters we've seen introduced over the years.

I would love to see him enter a storyline where he's being groomed as the next Earth-Warder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit of the Storm Lord, I guess Ra-Den's title is 'the Storm Lord'.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    You know, Wraithion is among the cooler characters we've seen introduced over the years.

I would love to see him enter a storyline where he's being groomed as the next Earth-Warder.
    Just in time for Sabellian and his outland black dragonflights arrival in Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dwarf Lover View Post
    I hope not cuz not everyone does heroics....and he's a heroic only boss....

10+ Year Old Account

The Aspects don't have powers anymore, which means a new Earth-Warder would be kind of pointless, unless it's just a title he wants to slap on himself.

That would make this part of the legendary quest line only open to guilds who clear the whole place on heroic and do the optional boss, which I doubt they'll go through with.

I like him just fine as "the Black Prince".

I remember warlocks that do the Council of the Black Harvest stuff are gonna bring the crystal they empower to Wrathion and he talks about how he hadn't heard of them. I wonder if that's how he's gonna find out about Sabellion and the black dragons in Outland. Their activity in Outland making him poke his head in to see what's what, and finding more black dragons. Maybe we'll finally find out if Sabellion surviving the cataclysm of Draenor did something about the old god voices that bothered all black dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    Maybe we'll finally find out if Sabellion surviving the cataclysm of Draenor did something about the old god voices that bothered all black dragons.
    Sabellian and Rexxar are friends too, that should have significance if Rexxar is coming back to the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakvaile View Post
    That would make this part of the legendary quest line only open to guilds who clear the whole place on heroic and do the optional boss, which I doubt they'll go through with.
    Here's hoping they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Here's hoping they do.
    None of the legendaries since the introduction of hard modes required it, so i doubt that will happen. I also don't think the real restrictions will come until the fifth part of the questline.

One of the world bosses is named Nalak, The Storm Lord.

"After the Isle of the Thunder King has been conquered, the gate guardian of the Thunder King's citadel will appear: Nalak, the Storm Lord. Players will frequently have the opportunity to test their mettle against him."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    None of the legendaries since the introduction of hard modes required it, so i doubt that will happen. I also don't think the real restrictions will come until the fifth part of the questline.
    Doesn't matter, everyone and their grandparents will have the legendary stuff (Even the 'real' stuff) after blizzard nerfs everything to oblivion as per usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Assuming the "Storm Lord" is Ra-den, this seems to be the point where the legendary quests become for semi-hardcores and up.

Yeah it should definitely be rare and hard to get like the staff or daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Yeah it should definitely be rare and hard to get like the staff or daggers.
    I see what you did there ...

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Doesn't matter, everyone and their grandparents will have the legendary stuff (Even the 'real' stuff) after blizzard nerfs everything to oblivion as per usual.
    Only about 10% or so of the player base raids :x So the minute anything isn't restricted to being done with LFR, not many will have it. Unless you're one of those delusional people who thought everyone had Shadowmourne and those legendary daggers (They didn't... because a very small amount of players raid.)

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It would also defeat the point in a lot of ways. "Here's an ultimate weapon I'm giving you because a group you just happened to be with defeated the final challenge of this patch. Have fun using it to progress in... the next patch, because you certainly don't need it now."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Looks like we won't be getting our legendary weapons until the last raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Only about 10% or so of the player base raids :x So the minute anything isn't restricted to being done with LFR, not many will have it. Unless you're one of those delusional people who thought everyone had Shadowmourne and those legendary daggers (They didn't... because a very small amount of players raid.)
    If only 10% of the player base raids and 50% of those raiders get legendaries thats still 50% of the raiding population. However you are right, not that many players over all get legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    If only 10% of the player base raids and 50% of those raiders get legendaries thats still 50% of the raiding population. However you are right, not that many players over all get legendaries.
    The whole point of thew system is to remove drama and imbalance surrounding legendary. I highly doubt that at this point they will decide to tie it to heroic-only boss.