Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    why do you need a liquid system?
    it also seems that rendering is your main focus, true or not? if so, the i7 and 660ti is still going to help you more than the i5 and 670
    I'm not questioning you, but do you think Hyperthreading will be a greater benefit than slightly higher memory bandwidth?

This is sort of a pre-[EDIT]. I thought the 670 was a beefier card than it is, but the 660ti and 670 look identical in specs (same CUDA, same stock speed). The 670 has a slightly larger memory bus (192bit vs 256bit). Given that, and assuming mem bandwidth doesn't help those things (which I dont think it does) then the 660ti might be a better choice then.

And yes my main goal is rendering/designing but I will also want to play as I tend to PvP quite a lot.
    This system is already well above the specs needed for good gaming. It's sort of a non-issue for gaming at this point. The tweaking is really getting best bang for buck for rendering, by now.

Yeah that's what I thought. Oh and I'm going for water cooling before it's a lot more silent and I can OC the CPU for quite a lot. But it's especially for the silence llDemonll because I prefer to work at night when everything is silent and my laptop currently is doing a shit loads of noise.
    World PvP and how it stands/standed.
    World PvP isn't meant to be balanced, fair nor honorable. It's meant to be brutal, relentless, deadly.. and it's the survival of the fittest. It's a fight where everything goes and you use anything you can to survive and win. It's War.. a World of Warcraft where only the best survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Tedj View Post
    Yeah that's what I thought. Oh and I'm going for water cooling before it's a lot more silent and I can OC the CPU for quite a lot. But it's especially for the silence llDemonll because I prefer to work at night when everything is silent and my laptop currently is doing a shit loads of noise.
    It isn't really more silent with a AiO liquid cooler, you still have the noise from the fans as you would with an air cooler and you have the added noise of the pump. The only time you can get a water cooling system silent is when you use a full size system with low RPM fans and a quiet pump. Something like that is way out of your budget.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Answers/comments in bold:

@chazus:
    - Thanks for SSD info, and if it really goes like that I think I will go with the M4. (good choise)
    - Still unsure about which keyboard I want, I guess it will be up to me. (If you want something relatively cheap, with a few macro keys, red LED and anti-ghosting I'd say go for the Microsoft Sidewinder X4)

@llDemonll and Lemmiwink:
    - I am doing lots of rendering. So I'm guessing that CPU is worth buying no? Rendering is most likely going to be my future job and even if I can't pay up the CPU with it now, I need to pratice a lot. The only problem is that the diference between the i7 and i5 is soo huge in terms of prices. (see answer below)

@Notarget:
    - So are you saying that Fans are actually quieter then the liquid system? I'm just after the Liquid because I thought it was THE most quiet system and I hate working with noise behind, it really distracts me. (An actually water cooled system might be quieter yes but those pre-filled closed loops are really not that quiet and especially not with stock fans. The CM 212 isn't quiet per se but it's still better than stock cooling and and cost less than the H-series CPU heat sink. Now if you pay about the same and get something like the Noctua heat sink I linked then it will definitely be quieter.)

- The problem is that the price difference between the i7 and i5 is like 200$ and or more. But I may be going after it! (It's really more like $125 difference not $200 and if you do a lot of rendering I'd say it's worth it, will i5-3570k be okay? sure.)

@All:
    - Also unsure about the GPU but raising both CPU and GPU is boosting the price like shit so I don't know which one to go after. (660ti would definitely be better long term and personally I would just stick with one screen for now to accommodate the GPU/CPU changes.)
    - Is it worth to go for the G45 MoBo rather then the G41 I previously had? (Is it worth the $11 difference? Yes I believe it is for the reasons already mentioned.)

Again thanks everyone for the help so far!
    This was the 660ti I was talking about:

Asus GeForce GTX660 TI

Asus GPU's are great and it was the cheapest on the list.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-01-12 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Asus GeForce GTX660 TI

Asus GPU's are great and it was the cheapest on the list.
    Seconded. The DirectCU are a popular type and not pricey.

15+ Year Old Account
    what? the price difference shouldnt be that much...

it's $100 difference here in usa, is it really that large of a price different there?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    what? the price difference shouldnt be that much...

it's $100 difference here in usa, is it really that large of a price different there?
    No it's pretty much ~$100-120 via Amazon/Novatech. I think he might be doing some "odd" conversion.

@all:

Water Cooling: So I guess it's not worth to get the water cooling then? I could go with a Noctua?

GPU: I'm definitly keeping the 660 Ti now, exactly the one that you said Notarget, thanks!

CPU: Yeah I might have made some wrong conversion, I guess it's just $100 diference. I'm thinking of going with that i7, although I really want to go with double screens. Maybe I'll buy one later then, don't know yet.

Keyboard: Well Notarget the thing is that I don't want it red I think, unless I can change those leds. Also my problem with the keyboard is that I don't know if I want a mechanical or not, although I've seen the differences and understand them, I have to go to a store and actually test them both. I think I'll ask my friends to borrow me both and test them for an entire week!
    World PvP isn't meant to be balanced, fair nor honorable. It's meant to be brutal, relentless, deadly.. and it's the survival of the fittest. It's a fight where everything goes and you use anything you can to survive and win. It's War.. a World of Warcraft where only the best survive!

@all:

Water Cooling: So I guess it's not worth to get the water cooling then? I could go with a Noctua?
    Proper water cooling is great but it will costs you $300+ to get a nice enough system that you can run with quiet components. You also need to get a case that can fit those components.

Here are a few reviews you can take a look at while choosing a nice and quiet air cooler:
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/Thermalright_HR-02_Macho
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/nzxt-havik140
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/Noctua_NH-C14_CPU_Cooler
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/Thermalright_Silver_Arrow
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/Noctua_NH-D14
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/Therma...UE_Spirit_120M
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/SilverStone_Heligon_HE02
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/Phanteks_PH-TC14PE
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/Be_Quiet_Dark_Rock_2
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    CPU: Yeah I might have made some wrong conversion, I guess it's just $100 diference. I'm thinking of going with that i7, although I really want to go with double screens. Maybe I'll buy one later then, don't know yet.
    To be honest, that might be the best way to go. Getting the i7 now means not getting it later (And having to double-buy a cpu). You aren't 'wasting' or 'upgrading' by waiting on the monitor and getting it later.

You could always get 1 Monitor $400 or whatever for graphics, and 1 cheaper $150 one for everything else, unless you're doing graphics on both.

Of course, you could just get two cheap monitors now, save some cash, and buy one expensive one a few months down the road and the extra cheap monitor can just go to another computer you may buy later.

It makes me kinda hurt inside that I'm considering monitors like I have 'cheap' >.>

Apologies but I've been away for 24 hours.

@n0cturnal:
    I'll be reading all of those tomorrow once I wake up, right now it's 7:50 am and I'm still awake, had to work.
    But I didn't know that a full water cooling system would cost me so much! I'm likely to go with Air then, or I might choose Water if I want to OC the CPU that much.

@chazus:
    I get your point. Indeed it makes sense to get an i7 now and 1 monitor and one later, then going for an i5 now, double monitors, and then an i7 later. I have no idea why but I didn't even consider that. I'm most likely going for the i7 if that's the case. Which would say that I should get? Because I couldn't find such low price diferences between the i5 3570k and the i7 that people talked about in previous pages of the thread.
    And why do you say that about your monitor? xD

Thanks again and goodnight/luck with working today. Damn mondays.

Deleted
    Which would say that I should get? Because I couldn't find such low price diferences between the i5 3570k and the i7 that people talked about in previous pages of the thread.
    Did you not see the build I linked you? The price are right there.

i5-3570K - £173
    i7-3770K - £248

Difference = £75 ~$121

That was the point of showing you a build using sites you can actually order from.

Did you not see the build I linked you? The price are right there.

i5-3570K - £173
    i7-3770K - £248

Difference = £75 ~$121

That was the point of showing you a build using sites you can actually order from.
    It is even cheaper from here http://lb.hardwareversand.de/Socket+...GA1155.article

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I couldn't find such low price diferences between the i5 3570k and the i7 that people talked about in previous pages of the thread.
    Probably these:
    i5-3570K - $230
    i7-3770K - $330

Of course, as you said... prices in your area are likely more/different

And why do you say that about your monitor? xD
    Oh, just because we were talking about those pricey monitors, and that you might consider having to come down to us 'normal-folks' level temporarily with those 'cheap' $150 monitors.

I like to think I have good eyesight, but I swear I cannot tell the difference between a 'great' monitor like the IPS ones, and a 'normal' monitor. I'm not saying not to get one, it just frustrates me that it's something I can't... See, I guess? I can see benchmarks. I can see FPS. I can hear fans. But put two monitors together and I'm like 'derp, they both have colors'
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-01-14 at 08:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Yeah there you go those two sites were just the ones available through PartPicker, I didn't feel like searching every single site I could think off at the time.

Portuguese site:

i5-3570K - € 305.90
    i7-3770K - € 213.50

Difference = € 92 ~$121
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-01-14 at 08:33 AM.

Yeah there you go those two sites were just the ones available through PartPicker, I didn't feel like searching every single site I could think off at the time.
    Hardwareversand.de is usually one of the cheaper sites in EU, they also adjust their prices for you own countries taxes and stuff. Sadly they take €22 for shipping to Portugal.

Deleted
    Yeah I went checking for Portuguese sites right after you typed that and edited my post.

Hey guys. I've finally decided to come back to this and build it. I wonder if the setup here is outdated or still good?
    NoTarget? You helped quite a lot and now some of these items are in sales and I was wondering if it's worth to buy (Such as the GPU)

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is nearly a year old. I'd suggest making a new one (pulling info from the last update) in the build/upgrade subforum and we'll see what we can do. Chances are, most of it us out of date by now.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Yeah, just open a new thread with updated information. Much easier than going through everything. You can link this thread for reference.