Asus P8Z77-V LK + USB 2 front panel cases

I was following the build suggestion and got the asus p8z77-v lk mobo and the CM haf 912 case but the case doesn't have usb3 front panels. Does that really affect anything other than having to use usb 3 through the back?

Also here's my build if anyone has any suggestions

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/x8zF
    Last edited by mchotdog; 2013-01-12 at 04:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is awkward.
    [EDIT] OP deleted post, or something? I was replying that I couldn't see anything and somehow I'm now first >.>
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-01-12 at 05:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Post was moderated after you saw it so it appear as if you were the first poster (and i responded to this before i noticed haha)

no it doesn't mchotdog; you will just have usb 2.0 on the front and if you want to use usb 3.0 you'll have to hook it up to the back like you said
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2013-01-12 at 06:26 AM.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    The only real benefit would be is if you had a USB 3 device (which I think is just drives, at this point) and wanted to plug it in in the front. Most people who have an external drive just use the back. I imagine if you had a USB 3 pen drive that you used a LOT (multiple times a day), it might be useful? But other than that... Nope not really.

Why buying CPU with graphics if you have then GTX 660 Ti inside???

I bought P8H77-V LE, i5 3350P, 8Gigs of RAM and GTX 660 and it goes smoothly around every game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    Why buying CPU with graphics if you have then GTX 660 Ti inside???
    While your question has nothing to do with the thread whatsoever...

He didn't 'buy a CPU with graphics'. Most intel chips have integrated graphics these days. It's probably harder to find one without, as you did. As to why he bought that CPU, it's because it's awesome, and can overclock. Not because the integrated gpu. It's the same reason everyone gets that CPU.

I'm betting this is just a case of you not understanding different CPU models.

Deleted
    My only criticism of that build is the odd pairing of a high end CPU cooler with a budget orientated case. The Noctua DH14 is a find CPU cooler, but combining it with the G.Skill RAM and the HAF case will make installation of the Noctua a little tricky, especially if you plan on using that cooler to the fullest of its potential. The heatsinks on those RAM sticks are a little high for my liking.

You have a number of options, here are my suggestions

a) Drop the Noctua altogether, purchase a more expensive case that can easily accommodate a Noctua later down the line.
    b) Change to lower profile ram sticks to make installation of the Noctua a little easier. For example these RAM sticks. There are cheaper alternative but try and make sure to choose low profile RAM sticks, i.e. ones without high heatsinks. This will make installation of the Noctua Fans alot easier.
    c) Drop the Noctua and go for something a little more affordable like the Cooler Master Evo
    d) Drop the Noctua and replace the case with the Corsair 200R (which has 2 USB 3.0 headers) and decide on a cheaper CPU cooler that can fit the 200R case (like the one I linked above)
    Last edited by mmoc7f933b7749; 2013-01-12 at 09:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    the g.skill ripjaws ram fit fine with an nh-d14
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    I should have been a bit more clear. All those components will certainly fit together, I personally think its a tough build for a first time builder, Noctua fans might be easy to install for those who are used to such large coolers, but its not something I would entirely recommend for the uninitiated.

So in that case, ignore point b) since those items will certainly fit together.

If you want an affordable and good case for overclocking then stick with the HAF 912 and purchase the USB 3.0 headers later down the line.

If you want an affordable case with USB 3.0 headers for your media storage devices, then one of your cheapest options is the Corsair 200R. You'll most likely have to drop the Noctua cooler and opt for a compatible (and cheaper) CPU cooler.

If overclocking is not something you'll likely consider, then drop the Noctua entirely and save yourself $70.
    Last edited by mmoc7f933b7749; 2013-01-12 at 01:52 PM.