Poll: Do you spend that much on clothes?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. If it was up to me I'd never spend more than 30 dollars on a pair of pants or something.

I go clothes shopping once every 2-3 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Anything that expensive isn't fit to be used for just normal everyday use.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Everyday clothing, never.
    I have bought a leather jacket and a ski coat that were more than $100.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

I can't imagine spending less on work clothes. But then clothes are generally expensive here, take the American price and double it if you're lucky and triple if you're not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Single piece? Occasionally. I have suits that would probably make some people call me crazy. What can I say though ... I love a good suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Single piece? Occasionally. I have suits that would probably make some people call me crazy. What can I say though ... I love a good suit.
    A good suit though is worth it, like suits are just one of those items of clothing that may actually be worth the money you spend on em.

Most ill pay for a shirt is 30$, pants 60$, hoodie 60$, jacket up to 200 if its nice enough

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a custom tailored 3 piece pinstriped suit that cost $500, so that would easily be more than $100 per piece. Also I have a glorious pair of jeans that cost $150.

That being said, I love shopping at H&M, where I can get really nice soft t shirts for $6 each

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    A good suit though is worth it, like suits are just one of those items of clothing that may actually be worth the money you spend on em.
    Most definitely.

But I do have jeans from a store called True Religion that cost over $300 a pair. Clothes are one of my only vices though, so I have a tendency to go a bit overboard.

Casual everyday wear, no - special occasions and events, sure why not.

suite and tux, maybe a couple other things. getting a sub 100$ suit is honestly like getting a pair of store brand shoes from walmart. Your getting something basically held together by glue, and it is fitted to about 6 different sizes, which means not fitted to any size right. If your going to wear a suit once or twice a year its okay, but any more than that, just do yourself a favor and get a decent suit. It will look way better and feel way more comfy because of the quality of materials and fit.

Deleted
    I used to be really into brands, back in my(mostly mid) teenage years. Like 300-400$ for a pair of jeans etc.

Now I don't really care, most jeans I own are like 80-160$ now.

But in Denmark that isn't that much, although it might still sound crazy from the look of this thread.

Jackets, yes. Jeans, maybe. Shirts, no.

Maybe on a nice leather jacket or a winter coat or something, but that would be it, otherwise no 98% of the time.

I was raised thinking that good clothing is actually worth some money, so yes.
    My last 3 pairs of jeans were $150,$175 and $200 and my last jacked was about $350.

Depends. It has to be a really unique piece if I'm buying something for that much. I'm not talking brand names, I'm talking something original, that you will never see again.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    there sure are a lot of hipsters here

clothes... hmm maybe, winter coat, shoes/boots for walking/work, watch if that counts... got an Omega Seamaster, glasses x 2, sunglasses, suits... but as for general lounging round the house, pyjamas or cheap tracksuit from sport shop for comfort... like around £10 lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    there sure are a lot of hipsters here
    Do hipsters spend or save? I'm unclear.

Deleted
    Have never bought a piece that was over £20 never mind £100.