Poll: Do you spend that much on clothes?

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i paid 600 DKK for a hoodie at one point which is somewhere about $107, outgrew it within 4 years and passed it on to my younger brother. Usually i pay less than $50 for my clothes.

Deleted
    what the point in buying a "made in china" product three times the price of an other "made in china" product?

Quote Originally Posted by Shae View Post
    what the point in buying a "made in china" product three times the price of an other "made in china" product?
    The materials aren't the same?

I don't usually spend that much, I think my shoes are the most expensive of what I usually wear daily. Suits and stuff do cost a little so yeah, I've spent over 100.

Deleted
    On a suit, jacket or shoes? Yes.

Rest? No way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Well atm I am sitting in my work attire. Shirt 120€, Pants 200 €, Belt 30 €, Shoes 180 €, Socks 15 €, Boxer 15 €. Also i have my outdoor clothes with me to work(I walk to my work everyday, 20min walk). So that is Jacket 1000 €, Scarf 100 €, Gloves 120 €.

Most of my clothes except maybe t-shirts are over 100 €. I am from Norway though so that explains why everything is so expensive.
    A thousand Euros for a jacket? That's insane, man D:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Straight up, I work out and am pretty fit so tight T-shirts from H&M (6$-20$)and Slim Jeans from American Eagle (30-35$) is all you really need to get pussy and look boss as fuck.
    Wow... this just is so... i don't know what the fuck.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 09:24 AM ----------

Well atm I am sitting in my work attire. Shirt 120€, Pants 200 €, Belt 30 €, Shoes 180 €, Socks 15 €, Boxer 15 €. Also i have my outdoor clothes with me to work(I walk to my work everyday, 20min walk). So that is Jacket 1000 €, Scarf 100 €, Gloves 120 €.

Most of my clothes except maybe t-shirts are over 100 €. I am from Norway though so that explains why everything is so expensive.
    So everyone who has a good jacket in Norway spent at least 1000 euros on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What? Why do you think do men style up? For other men? To feel good for themselves? Rofl...

If it wasn't for the other gender, I'd walk around like a hobo all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    What? Why do you think do men style up? For other men? To feel good for themselves? Rofl...

The way in which he said it? "get pussy and look boss as fuck!" I'm sorry but that sounds so.. man whoreish.

The way in which he said it? "get pussy and look boss as fuck!" I'm sorry but that sounds so.. man whoreish.
    Internet tough guy persona... Does it still surprise you?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here spends that much on a single pair of clothes. Not counting shoes or jewelry things like shirts or jeans or the equivalent.
    I live in the mountains where it can be extremely cold. I will buy things like wool jeans and very thick hoodies. However I don't buy them for fashion, only function.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here we see the dudebro in its natural environment...
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I've paid over $100 for a pair of jeans, as long as it lasts, I'm comfortable paying for that. Though I've recently found cheaper alternatives that provide the same brands for way cheaper than big stores...

Only on Jackets and Sweaters. (And usually those are going on a winter sale for $80)
    Pants I'll go as high as $50. Any that are over that I find to be a throw away of money since there is no visible distinction between brand or comfort.
    Others may have a different view on it though.
    Summer clothing... Not so much. Nothing special there for me, so I'll find something around $15-$30.
    Shoes I don't really go all out crazy on. I think the most expensive pair I've bought were $85. Not much of a shoe person, but I want something that's comfortable, visibly matching with my clothes, and good material that doesn't discolor or fall apart in a few months.
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-01-24 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    My wife hates that I will happily walk around the apartment in my boxers all day if I don't have to go out anywhere.

on topic, I've spent that much on suits and winter jackets. My wife has spent considerably more than that on dresses.

15+ Year Old Account
    So everyone who has a good jacket in Norway spent at least 1000 euros on it?
    Well ofc not everyone, but winter jackets in Norway are expensive. Atleast if you want something you can use when it reaches -25celsius and lower for an extended period of time. We got jackets that can help you at those temperatures at a lower cost, but those are IMO impractical, uncomfortable and look abit silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll spend $100+ on shoes or a dress, anything else, though.. No way. I usually hit up Express during their end of season sales. Their clothing quality has really gone downhill so I can't justify paying full price from them.

The last time I spent money on clothes must be 2 years back. I can hardly think of anything more pointless and a bigger waste of money, except for spending it on booze. I would also generally never spend more than ca. 30€ on a piece of clothes. Vanity is for the shallow and directionless.

Well ofc not everyone, but winter jackets in Norway are expensive. Atleast if you want something you can use when it reaches -25celsius and lower for an extended period of time. We got jackets that can help you at those temperatures at a lower cost, but those are IMO impractical, uncomfortable and look abit silly.
    So all good looking jackets that keep you warm are 1000...

15+ Year Old Account
    So all good looking jackets that keep you warm are 1000...
    Not all, but you usally have to pay 500 € + for a good looking winter jacket.

Any piece of clothing over $20 bucks is a waste. I think only expensive thing I've ever bought was a jacket tho that I never even wear...