Poll: Do you spend that much on clothes?

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Shoes, jacket, suit... Things like that may well go over a 100€, but I compensate with 9,95 shirts, 4,95 socks and -underwear.

Deleted
    Yes, a good jacket.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here spends that much on a single pair of clothes. Not counting shoes or jewelry things like shirts or jeans or the equivalent.
    Only on shoe's and jackets.

I bought a leather jacket during the holidays last year that cost well over 100 Euro's. But an expenssive leather jacket will last you a lifetime, and that's why I was recommended to get one. My father had one that lasted for 25 years.

Shoe's are worth spending money on as well. It's very important to have proper shoe's, both for your feet and for your back, so spending 100 on a pair every 4-5 years or so is normal.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    Not all, but you usally have to pay 500 € + for a good looking winter jacket.
    That sounds like Canadian Goose jackets. Horribly overrated winter jackets. There's expenssive and then there's ridiculously overpriced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    That sounds like Canadian Goose jackets. Horribly overrated winter jackets. There's expenssive and then there's ridiculously overpriced.
    I think the Canadian Goose Jackets cost about 700 € in Norway. Don't quote me on that since I have never considered buying one. The thing is that a good winter jacket needs to protect vs cold, snow/water and wind. Since the demand is high for quality jackets the prices for those also go up a lot. I know i can get a good winter jacket in England or Germany for half the price if not cheaper, but with Norwegian rules about importing and the fact that we have good warranties on all Norwegian bought products i don't really see the point.

Deleted
    I guess it must be really expensive living in Sweden hearing what you all say? Here in Sweden me and my friends weekly are buying single T-shirts for 400 dollars, from hearing this i came to think its really expensive here?

If its worth it to you, then anything is worth what ever price tag it is. I've purchased clothing before in the $100 price range. Not often, but once in awhile if the pants/shirt is really, really nice. I've even bought $40 boxers before lol.
    Last edited by muffinss; 2013-01-25 at 08:00 PM.

Sometimes yes. Jackets (especially winter or leather). Good shoes or boots. And of course business suits.

For for a shirt? Pants? Sweater? Nah.

I think the only thing i spend less then $100 on is casual shirts, underwear and socks. A nice silk shirt, jacket, pants will set me back $1000 easily. I work in IT however i have a lot of business meetings so appearance is important.

For reference i'm from NZ, $1 NZD is about $.83 USD or $.53 pounds

Deleted
    In Denmark a good pair of jeans Diesel, GStar, Levys etc easily cost 150euro, so yeah. I also have several jackets for suits that cost more than 100euro easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancleave View Post
    I guess it must be really expensive living in Sweden hearing what you all say? Here in Sweden me and my friends weekly are buying single T-shirts for 400 dollars, from hearing this i came to think its really expensive here?
    Sure that is not a typo? Not even Boss costs 400$ for a single t-shirt. your example sounds extreme or made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brand name means nothing on a pair of jeans. A $20 pair of jeans from Wal-Mart is no different from a $65 pair in a department store.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

i'm not rly sure what to say here, but the last time i bought a winter jacket, i payed about 500$, and the reason i bought it is because i never seem to find any jackets that i like without having to pay double that amount. so 100$ sounds like what a t-shirt usually cost... but, this ofc depends on wich country you live in. and i live in Norway, probably one of the most expensive countries :S

It all depends on whether you value dressing to impress or not. For some people, a $100 suit is impressive to them, for others, a $1000 suit is impressive. I will absolutely spend over $100 on a single item of clothing if I feel it's justified or I just really like it. I regularly pay in excess of this on good shirts, pants, jeans and footwear. That doesn't mean that I won't buy a $20 t-shirt, or a cheap deal for say 3 pairs of socks at $5. It all has a time and place, your budget and desire is all that can be used as a limiting factor for how much you spend.

Back when I was in college and working part time, I'd save up to afford expensive going out shirts and such, but now, I simply don't worry about it as much. I budget and compare prices to quality.

The prices that people are saying are normal makes me value prices in the US quite a bit. You'd have to really go out of your way to even find a $500 jacket here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The prices that people are saying are normal makes me value prices in the US quite a bit. You'd have to really go out of your way to even find a $500 jacket here.
    Yeah, but they get paid more than we do, too.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

read a few more posts and saw this swedish guy buying t-shirts for 400$ and i think maybe he ment 400SEK wich would be around 80$ cause if he really ment 400$ that would mean around 2000SEK wich i think he will realize is way more than he buy t-shirts for :P
    norwegian and swedish prices are somewhat the same, probably a bit cheaper in sweden, wich is why i usually take a roadtrip over there to buy beer :P but normal t-shirt prices would be around 40-120$ depending on quality

might be an idea to mention that the general annual income for a norwegian amploye would be around 400k NOK wich is about 70k$

and please look away from my spelling :P
    Last edited by dar0; 2013-01-28 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yeah, but they get paid more than we do, too.
    On average, that's not true.

I suppose average doesn't matter though. I'm personally pretty decently paid, so the generally low costs in the US work out for me.

Just spent $180 on sneakers yesterday.
    Average price of jeans I wear is $200.
    T-shirts around $30-40.
    My belt was $145.00.
    I have a 4 Avirex leather jackets ranging from $800-1200.
    Few North Faces etc.

Some were gifts some I bought. Usually nice things cost money >.>

Ive been known to spend a few hundred on a cowboy hat or 2. I have one hat I paid $1400 for.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    You'd have to really go out of your way to even find a $500 jacket here.
    Or just don't shop at target for a jacket.

Boots at $150 are about it. I have very simple dress wear