Poll: Do you spend that much on clothes?

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Brand name means nothing on a pair of jeans. A $20 pair of jeans from Wal-Mart is no different from a $65 pair in a department store.
    This is largely true, and I can't help but feel that anyone who claims otherwise is trying to convince themselves more so than me. Of course my opnions are formed completely on anecdotal evidence. The best pair of jeans I've owned was an no name off brand, while the worst pair was a high priced name brand.

So much about style and fashion is being able to say "I am wearing so and so stylist, or such and such brand" and has little to do with quality.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Brand name means nothing on a pair of jeans. A $20 pair of jeans from Wal-Mart is no different from a $65 pair in a department store.
    yeah only poor people think that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Only rich people would value money so little that they'd waste so much on clothing
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    This is largely true,
    Not true at all. $10 Wranglers don't fit the same way other jeans fit. The material is different, rougher, stiffer and uncomfortable. Feels cheaply made. Same with Levi's etc. Some very expensive jeans like true religion for instance use shitty materials and charge an arm and a leg for the brand name. If money isn't an issue then you wear what you like. When money becomes an issue you wear what you can afford.

Deleted
    Only rich people would value money so little that they'd waste so much on clothing
    What seems a waste to you may not seem so to me. Dressing in walmart clothes looking like a bum, now that´s a waste of money to me. I like my clothes to look good, fit well and be long lasting.

At least where I come from there is a massive difference between say a pair of Levys that are sewn to fit and made from the best fabric as opposed to a pair of 20$ jeans with straight tube legs and an iffy quality fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Not true at all. $10 Wranglers don't fit the same way other jeans fit. The material is different, rougher, stiffer and uncomfortable. Feels cheaply made. Same with Levi's etc. Some very expensive jeans like true religion for instance use shitty materials and charge an arm and a leg for the brand name. If money isn't an issue then you wear what you like. When money becomes an issue you wear what you can afford.
    See, my experience is the complete opposite. Again the expensive jeans I've had may have fit well, but damn they were of very poor quality. Didn't even last a year before they were falling apart. I've got a pair of wranglers (that cost more than $10, by the way) that are pushing 10 years old and look just as good as when I got them.

Yes you can find some really shit quality jeans for super cheap, but you can find just as many shit quality jeans that are over $100.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 02:02 PM ----------

What seems a waste to you may not seem so to me. Dressing in walmart clothes looking like a bum, now that´s a waste of money to me. I like my clothes to look good, fit well and be long lasting.

At least where I come from there is a massive difference between say a pair of Levys that are sewn to fit and made from the best fabric as opposed to a pair of 20$ jeans with straight tube legs and an iffy quality fabric.
    where I am from Levi's are fairly reasonably priced.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no.

The jacket I'm wearing, is something I came across in the UK while visiting and bought it on the spot. That was about 150 quid.
    My shoes are from Nike and generally cost about 120 euro's.
    The rest, like jeans, no way I'm paying over 100 euro for that. Or shirts (altho I usually buy band shirts which are still 20-30 euro each).

Never, I usually only buy things on sale (i'm not counting renting a Tux because can't get around that)

Deleted
    I'm sitting at around €20-40 for shirts
    30-60 for blazers
    90-120 for shoes
    and around 80-160 for jeans.

steel toe work boots for $140. 3 years and counting so far, good pair of boots

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

Deleted
    I have never spent that much on a single clothing. I once bought a full suit with tie, jacket, trousers and the white shirt ( dunno what that is in english ). I know alot of people that spend alot to their clothes. I once bought a 5€ t-shirt and I saw same looking and same material t-shirt in the "quality" clothes magazine for 40€. I just buy cheap clothes that last a bit longer than week, like 3-6 months is good for me and then I buy some new ones. I usually spend about 100-150€/year for clothes. Mostly I spend little more for good underwear. It's not needed but I just want some luxury. Still I don't mean CK etc.

years i bought a pair of shoes for 180 € ^^ never ever again

Well those are 3 totally differing amounts of money <,<

I used to buy clothes fairly cheaply when i lived in the UK, but since I moved to denmark my spend per item has ended up going up by roughly 30 - 50% (stuff be expensive here)

The only plus side of this being, I am careful to buy good quality clothing / stuff I really want now I have to pay more! I would say I spend on average £40-50 an item here (350-500 DK)

Deleted
    Depends on what it it....

I'm not going to spend £100 on a T-shirt, but I'll spend £100+ on a suit...

I'll spend more on functional stuff than purely cosmetic, for instance running gear and hiking gear so I am more comfortable, than I would on a shirt just to go out in.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Just spent $180 on sneakers yesterday.
    Average price of jeans I wear is $200.
    T-shirts around $30-40.
    My belt was $145.00.
    I have a 4 Avirex leather jackets ranging from $800-1200.
    Few North Faces etc.

Some were gifts some I bought. Usually nice things cost money >.>
    Nice things sometimes cost money... some nice things just cost money simply because they are a brand.

Yes, a decent suit costs more than that.

I've had expensive jeans and I have found this to be true of some cheap jeans. Only ignorant people think they must spend x amount to get anything good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ðuracell View Post
    steel toe work boots for $140. 3 years and counting so far, good pair of boots
    Damn, what brand? I have Justin pull-ons (soft toe) and I usually beat the crap out of them in a year or year and a half.

10+ Year Old Account
    i rarely buy clothes but sometimes i buy clothes that are 100$ plus

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that the more expensive the jean, the better cuts I find. Jeans from WalMart don't fit my body type, yet if I go to a store like True Religion, I can find pants that fit much better.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 09:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    Damn, what brand? I have Justin pull-ons (soft toe) and I usually beat the crap out of them in a year or year and a half.
    I have a pair of Red Wing Irish Setters that have lasted a long time, but mine are just for show lol I don't do manual labor ^^;