Poll: Do you spend that much on clothes?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    You and your imaginary money names!

But things like this is why I rarely wear jeans. I much prefer a tailored suit over shopping off racks lol
    It's just an excuse to use the letter U more.
    If I could afford tailor made stuff on a regular basis, I would. But I can't, so I don't. :P
    Designer brand stuff just doesn't warrant the ridiculous price tag they attach to it. The fit usually isn't great, unless you're on the rather slender side and I don't find the quality to be particularly good either, considering the difference in price vs high street stuff.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    It's just an excuse to use the letter U more.
    If I could afford tailor made stuff on a regular basis, I would. But I can't, so I don't. :P
    Designer brand stuff just doesn't warrant the ridiculous price tag they attach to it. The fit usually isn't great, unless you're on the rather slender side and I don't find the quality to be particularly good either, considering the difference in price vs high street stuff.
    Understandable. Even people at similar weights have different body contours, so what's good for one isn't necessarily good for everyone. My ass just feels better in True Religion jeans because of they way they're cut. The quality isn't anything better than a simple Levi lol

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Normally no.

But there are exceptions. For example I bought a new winter-jacket for this winter and it cost me 130 euros. But it's a quality (non-big-brand) jacket that'll last me for several years, it looks good and most importantly it's warm. Cant go walking around in shitty winter clothes here in Finland or you're gonna get sick/freeze to death :P

Another exception would be a suit, though it is not really a single piece of clothing but for figures sake I wouldnt mind paying 300-400 euros for a decent suit.

Shoes are another exception though the ones I usually buy are around 50-80 euros or so. Good shoes cost a lot most of the time. And I'm kinda limited as it is as my feet are rather big :P I've got a pair of leather winter-shoes that I've had for over 10 years and they are still (almost) as good as new. I think they cost me around 120 euros or so.

Thats about it. Jeans for example are usually anywhere between 30 and 80 euros or so. I dont understand people who buy t-shirts that cost like 50 euros a piece, though as thats just insane, lol.

Long story short I'm willing to pay for quality in "important" pieces of clothing. But for random everyday-wear... no way.

Then again... when I still played hockey my last pair of skates cost around 400 euros or so :P It's all relative.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2013-01-28 at 04:23 PM.

I used to. Since living in China I see rip offs of nearly the same quality for 10% of the price or less. I can't justify shelling out that kind of money anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.