Page 1 of 37
... LastLast

1.07 looks great

(We’ve also made it so that pet damage is no longer reflected back to the player.)

My necro summoner (wd) and trapper asn (dh) find this to be the best part.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414...view-1_11_2013

Hats off to blizzard for listening to the community.

We're removing the incrementing resurrection timer on consecutives deaths. (apathy can hit 100 now )
    We're also increasing the base pickup radius by a small amount.

Ill be lvling up faster now that i get a bonus for playing high mp lvl's.

Great looking patch, i dont see anyone here beating my trapper dh so the pvp aspect is unappealing
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-01-12 at 04:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All complete crap. Sorry, but gear drops will still be a problem. the new crafting "patterns" will be worthless, because it's still random affixes. I don't care if a pair of gloves can roll 500 dex, it doesn't do a damn thing when all the other rolls are useless.

And oh, hey look, the tier of gem costs more money than I make in MONTHS. That's exactly what we want, more gold cost on crafting. What, is these totally awesome "account-bound recipes" going to also cost 20 million gold each? because if so, then my suspicions were correct. The gear issues in the game are unsalvageable.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    i think its going to be a great patch all in all

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it was hard to read that. So little content for so many words. Even the blurbs on the side were basically expanded titles for its section.

They arent prepared to really tweak D3 until an expansion, if ever. Their goal is an illusion of content, and it's working.

Patch 1.08 will feature more chat channels, but not before Blizz writes up a 300 word essay on their 'design philosophy' of internet chat rooms and why 3 is a bigger number than 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Honestly, it was hard to read that. So little content for so many words. Even the blurbs on the side were basically expanded titles for its section.

They arent prepared to really tweak D3 until an expansion, if ever. Their goal is an illusion of content, and it's working.

Patch 1.08 will feature more chat channels, but not before Blizz writes up a 300 word essay on their 'design philosophy' of internet chat rooms and why 3 is a bigger number than 1.
    i agree, these aren't big enough changes. it seems like most of this stuff should have been in the game at release anyway.

Im confused, are they just adding a new tier to all gems, AND changing the effect of red, or they just adding the new Tier. They way they described it, they were changing how red effects sockets in weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    i agree, these aren't big enough changes. it seems like most of this stuff should have been in the game at release anyway.
    Of course it should, because you say so...

If the crafting recipes are well designed it will be a welcome change. The gear system is still way too basic for my taste, but anything that will have you get gear outside of AH is great. Option to go for something besides crit build is also appreciated. We will see. Does not look like a bad patch at all.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Well I don't see something overly impressive. Good change though to have at least somewhat a choice weapon gem wise. At least it sounds like they finally get around fixing the sweeping wind exploit...mp10 farming with pretty shitty gear was really getting a bit ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see that dueling is capable of having 4 players (FFA at that) in a match, as well as making sure that nothing else gets in the way of bashing each other's heads. At least a bit better than what I imagined (which would just be how duels worked in Diablo 2). Though, would be nice if you could make a 2vs2 match (heck, even 3vs1) without needing to worry about attacking people in your own team. That way you could make the system a bit more varied, if you would like to do so.

Still want to see a true replacement of TDM, though.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-01-12 at 01:19 PM.

Underwhelming, imo. Maybe I'm being negative Norman here but it all sounds like garbage Just like the previous patches it's a lot of band-aids that don't really solve the core of what's wrong with this awful game. What I got out of this was more grindy grindy grindy. I know that's technically the point of the game but it's not fun. Diablo 2 was fun. Diablo 3 is not.

I can't put my finger on it but meh. To me, seems like 1.0.7 will be another patch that we're excited about till one week after it goes live.

Not a great patch, I would say: horrible patch only made to hype those who can't calmly think. So..calmly think about how much time of your life will be eaten by this whole added, unnecessary grind, which is just a copy&paste of what you experience in wow "new grind! come have fun!" ... really? Cost of new gem is sick, only to make "pro players" new vids to hype some more existing players.

Besides dueling (which is fun lasting 5 minutes) this patch it not what will help this game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i havent seen anything in any of their patches that have even remotely piqued my interest in giving this game a second chance. i loved the first two diablos and i dont often regret video game purchases but d3 has been the biggest disappointment of a video game ive ever purchased.

they did some good things, i think the game looks amazing and the combat was very fluid and enjoyable but all of these patches ive seen and read thru are all things that i think should have been included in the game from its release. just my .02 though

Seems quite horrible to be honest.

Most basic PvP that at the very least should have been in at launch, to little to late.

New crafting recipes, again moving the goal post for gear perfection.

New gems that does the same as old gems just more, total lack of innovation and creativity.

Massive XP increases removing lots of the re-playability through Paragon levels, this one really doesn't make sense.

No additional content, no new ways to improve your gear without destroying value of the old, no TDM, no player created games, just more of the same. Feels a lot like the lack of innovation and creativity that plagues WoW in combination with helping the player more and more over time to reach goals without the need of any real effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that no matter what Blizzard do, they can never be able to win. People just love to whine about every damn thing.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    I guess that no matter what Blizzard do, they can never be able to win. People just love to whine about every damn thing.
    Yeah because they didn't fix ANY of the core issues such as the items being complete garbage even if you play 24/7 most of the time hence I'm whining hence I'm mad.

Like wth am I going to do with recipes hm? Hellfire ring? You know how many of those things I made before my retirement? Aprox 150 of them and 2 of them were decent one of them is on my profile which is actually soon to be worthless if I ever have the motivation to hit 100. RNG can be nice to be people such as my little sister who randomly HAS A QUADFECTA on her 8th try OH VERY NICE /Envy. What you want me to live with that again? F that

So they add more RNG recipes into the game JUST like hellfire and you will be frustrated JUST as many times

Collect items
    Garbage
    Collect items
    Garbage

Repeat this aprox 999999 times. Yeah so much fun
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-01-12 at 04:28 PM.

I'll say one thing about the blog, they at least now acknowledge that players want to find items not buy them. I don't expect any single patch to deal with this games issue short of an expansion that won't happen. 1.07 isn't a bad patch though, it just doesn't really solve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Like wth am I going to do with recipes hm? Hellfire ring? You know how many of those things I made before my retirement? Aprox 150 of them and 2 of them were decent one of them is on my profile which is actually soon to be worthless if I ever have the motivation to hit 100. RNG can be nice to be people such as my little sister who randomly HAS A QUADFECTA on her 8th try OH VERY NICE /Envy. What you want me to live with that again? F that

So they add more RNG recipes into the game JUST like hellfire and you will be frustrated JUST as many times

Collect items
    Garbage
    Collect items
    Garbage

Repeat this aprox 999999 times. Yeah so much fun
    Yeah, the RNG is where these new recipes can fail miserably. Smaller rng factor would be appreciated here. For example gradually building the items starting from as low as 2 properties reforging the item for the next property till you get something you are satisfied with in range you are satisfied with would combine rng with more deliberate approach quite nicely. That would be a nice idea Regardless as TonyIommi said ... at least Blizz acknowledges that AH as the sole source of items does not satisfy everyone.

Fingers crossed the recipes are decent.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Its truely amazing, then again this isnt a very good place for knowledgeable players as we have seen. Mp1 champs and rmah users.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I'll say one thing about the blog, they at least now acknowledge that players want to find items not buy them. I don't expect any single patch to deal with this games issue short of an expansion that won't happen. 1.07 isn't a bad patch though, it just doesn't really solve anything.
    Blizz will never fix it since RMAH is the income from the game, if everyone starts finding upgrades instead of buying items or gold for irl money blizz will start making less and less $ of diablo