Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i'd be pretty damn mad honestly. not because i was wrong about a tv show, i'd be straight pissed they caused as much bullshit here as they have. if they knew they were being hailed as gods and stuff when they left, i honestly would hope we tell them to just gtfo and never return. living centuries with cultures all over the world believing lies, killing each other int he name of lies? yeah... i'd be shocked if there weren't some angry people.

Deleted
    I think I'd be happy if extraterrestrials showed up, as long as it's not to kill us or anything like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    So let me get this straight, the ancient aliens theory is that what, aliens came around one day and... built pyramids or something?

Well, good for them. Can they build more stuff? Hospitals and schools in Africa and SE-Asia especially, that would be nice. The humans can't seem to manage something like that.
    But.. Aliens \(Oo)/ ... And piramids n stuff! It all makes sence! They used "science"

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be very angry if I did not get a proper explanation to how they did this, in the first place, since otherwise I would just have to take their word for it, which is absolutely useless as a base of determining the validity of those alien's claims.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-01-12 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    so hypothetically lets say some aliens come down to earth and basically say "yeah those ancient aliens guys are totes right we came here one time way back on some vacation"

would you be pissed off at yourself because of how much you believed it wasnt true?

(this has nothing to do with whether the show is crap or whether its true or not just how you would react if aliens said it was)
    When I saw the thread, I expected that the OP would pose a question of whether we would be angry because these beings have let much suffering come to pass or left people to despair or something deep like that.

And yet we are asked if we would be angry because of our previous disbelief. I mean, that's really the first thing that would come into your mind in such a scenario? "Damn, I shudda believed" ?

No further comment.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i'd be pretty damn mad honestly. not because i was wrong about a tv show, i'd be straight pissed they caused as much bullshit here as they have. if they knew they were being hailed as gods and stuff when they left, i honestly would hope we tell them to just gtfo and never return. living centuries with cultures all over the world believing lies, killing each other int he name of lies? yeah... i'd be shocked if there weren't some angry people.
    At least someone here gets it.
    Last edited by mmoc3fe040ec5f; 2013-01-12 at 01:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. Aliens exist somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    Ancient Aliens always start out with a fact and then they all go LSD...

>>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    Another good reason to be angry, when I think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No definitely not. I don't BELIEVE what Ancient Aliens say but I keep an open mind no matter how wacky they may seem. So if it turns out that Ancient Aliens were true my immediate feelings would be happiness and I would start laughing at all the people who were so into saying how Ancient Aliens was a bunch of bullshit and making fun of all the people who liked to believe in that stuff. Then I would laugh at all the over religious people as now they have to change the way they look at religion now that aliens are real. I gotta say it would be a pretty damn good day if that were to happen. But sadly, as much as I like to watch Ancient Aliens and all sorts of UFO/alien stuff, a lot of it probably isn't true. They just bring up good points that make you think. I am hopeful though that one day we will contact some sort of intelligent alien life form, hopefully benevolent ones too.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I'd have to see them come through the Stargate or I'd believe they were photoshopped.

Plus they need to provide evidence they did what they're claiming.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2013-01-12 at 03:32 PM. Reason: short an "id"
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I've wacthed the AA show, and I've enjoyed it many times. But the show is really not that different from a cult/religion; they're making a lot of assumptions in the show.

And in the event that these AA comes back and confirms the AA guys "theory" that still doesn't validate the reasoning the AA guys used (arguing from ignorance fallacy).
    They'd be right, not because they discovered they were right; but because they thought they were. I belong to the group of people who wants evidence, and any lack of it means I remain neutral (although that doesn't stop me from voicing my opinions).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Do I believe in Aliens? Sure. Do I think they visited us way back when? It's possible. No one knows the correct answer, it's all opinion. The cool thing about opinions, you are never wrong or right.

10+ Year Old Account
    cant be angry whit something that for sure will never happen in my life time

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I don't understand why I would be mad? I think this thread is a new lowpoint for the site.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Aliens may have at one point made physical contact with earth some time in the past, but there is no chance in hell the Ancient Aliens guys have any truth to their theories. The idea that Aliens frequently contacted humans in ancient times is beyond idiotic if we compare them to a society much like our own today.

Our society heavily relies on interstellar satellites to observe the viewable universe as it is, if there was a society capable of space travel, it is more than likely they would use an advanced version of a Voyager like satellite, capable of moving great distances with ease, to observe any planet they had an interest in. Especially planets that have sentient life. To alert a species to the existence of another can offset the development of that species, and I am pretty sure any Alien species that had the ability to travel through space would know that beforehand.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I don't understand why I would be mad? I think this thread is a new lowpoint for the site.
    Because you would supposedly be mad you were wrong about not believing the TV show.

I agree, the thread is retarded beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    Because you would supposedly be mad you were wrong about not believing the TV show.

I agree, the thread is retarded beyond belief.
    It's a typical emotional argument projection; "I'd be elated if I was right (even by accident), so my opponent must be angry." But the whole point of skepticism is lack of emotion, which is what the tinfoil hat brigade doesn't understand.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    No definitely not. I don't BELIEVE what Ancient Aliens say but I keep an open mind no matter how wacky they may seem. So if it turns out that Ancient Aliens were true my immediate feelings would be happiness and I would start laughing at all the people who were so into saying how Ancient Aliens was a bunch of bullshit and making fun of all the people who liked to believe in that stuff.
    So you would laugh at people who had no good reason to believe in outlandish claims which had zero credible and verifiable evidence? So essentially you would laugh at them for exercising critical thinking.

Then I would laugh at all the over religious people as now they have to change the way they look at religion now that aliens are real.
    And what if it turned out some god was real? Those religious folk would laugh at you for not believing in outlandish claims without evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Then I would laugh at all the over religious people as now they have to change the way they look at religion now that aliens are real. I gotta say it would be a pretty damn good day if that were to happen.
    Catholic Church accepts the possibility of alien life forms in their theology. Other churches I'm not so sure on.

I would laugh my ass off. Like seriously laugh until I vomit everything in my stomach. LOL. Just because something is out of our scope of understanding or field of vision does not mean it doesn't exist. Then I would look at everyone that has said they didn't exist and laugh at them for ardently denying it.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.