Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    I would laugh my ass off. Like seriously laugh until I vomit everything in my stomach. LOL. Just because something is out of our scope of understanding or field of vision does not mean it doesn't exist. Then I would look at everyone that has said they didn't exist and laugh at them for ardently denying it.

Jimmy is 5 years old. He tells Johnny, also 5 years old, that dinosaurs are alive because he saw them in a movie (and he also cried when Littlefoot's mom died). Johnny tells Jimmy, that no, that was just a cartoon and dinosaurs are dead.

The next day, a scientist announces that they have successfully cloned a triceratops, and now dinosaurs will be alive again.

Does that mean Jimmy was right?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    I think a better question is, how would you feel knowing that you were created my another race?

I'd be a little confused as to how I felt about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Why?

This is like saying would you be angry if suddenly angels show up and say "yeah gravity's not true, it's actually just us holding everything down".
    Havent you heard the latest? Intelligent design is having a brother, its purpose being to explain gravity. They call it intelligent stickyness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I think a better question is, how would you feel knowing that you were created my another race?

I'd be a little confused as to how I felt about that.
    I'd be relieved that there was finally some evidence of who our ancestors were, where we came from and why we're here rather than the guess work we have today.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

I'd actually be super grateful. Even if I was only dinner to them... at least I'd finally know my purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    I'd be relieved that there was finally some evidence of who our ancestors were, where we came from and why we're here rather than the guess work we have today.
    Explicit Creation implies Purpose, which implies Lack of Free Will. I'm ok with random mutations over billions of years being the explanation.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Explicit Creation implies Purpose, which implies Lack of Free Will. I'm ok with random mutations over billions of years being the explanation.
    And it doesn't really answer all that much. Where did these creators come from? Sure you'd get an answer to one question but you'd also have a ton of new questions to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing i would be angry about is why didn't we learn this sooner! i'd also wonder why they never bothered to make further contact with us. if your an alien race facing a vastly inferior civilization wouldn't you want to take over their world and colonize it?

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "yeah those ancient aliens guys are totes right we came here one time way back on some vacation"
    Seeing as how I have no idea what means, I'd be more confused than angry. Then probably curious. But mainly confused.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    And it doesn't really answer all that much. Where did these creators come from? Sure you'd get an answer to one question but you'd also have a ton of new questions to deal with.
    Indeed there would be more questions. Where did our creators come from, who made them and why?

There is always, always going to be questions, it's in our nature. My point was that, if they came and we found out that they actually created us and that many of the things we once thought or believed to be true, turned out to be false and completely wrong and no longer a possibility, then what would you do? As a Christian who goes to church religiously every day praying to a lie? As a muslim praying 4-5 times a day and living by the rules of holy/religious books all of your life for something that was.. well about as true as the tooth fairy.

What then?

Can you imagine the chaos that would erupt from that? The world would go crazy. (Well, a lot crazier than it is now)
    Last edited by Neetz; 2013-01-12 at 06:19 PM.

then what would you do?
    I don't know but I hope the sentence after that isn't you trying to imply I'm religious and I don't like this idea because I'm religious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    the only thing i would be angry about is why didn't we learn this sooner! i'd also wonder why they never bothered to make further contact with us. if your an alien race facing a vastly inferior civilization wouldn't you want to take over their world and colonize it?
    Talking about them or us? If you're talking about them colonizing us, probably not. With the weapons of destruction we have and how capable we are of using them, I'm guessing they'd stay well away.

Talking about us? Fo sho. If we found an earth-like planet that was colonized by another race, we would probably go say hi to the neighbours, pretend to be BFF's for a bit and then wipe them all out so we can start raping that planet of it's natural resources.

Indeed there would be more questions. Where did our creators come from, who made them and why?

There is always, always going to be questions, it's in our nature. My point was that, if they came and we found out that they actually created us and that many of the things we once thought or believed to be true, turned out to be false and completely wrong and no longer a possibility, then what would you do? As a Christian who goes to church religiously every day praying to a lie? As a muslim praying 4-5 times a day and living by the rules of holy/religious books all of your life for something that was.. well about as true as the tooth fairy.

What then?

Can you imagine the chaos that would erupt from that? The world would go crazy. (Well, a lot crazier than it is now)
    Religion always finds a way, as it has continued doing as evident by history. Other's will simply accept the evidence and stop believing.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not religious, and I'm not trying to offend anyone who is. I'm just putting myself in that position and wondering what would I do. The OP asked if we would be angry. I know that if I had a faith, and was very devoted and strict with it and made a lot of decisions in my life based around that religion to find that it wasn't what I hoped it would be.. I'd be a lot more than angry.

EDIT: Just a thought thats all guys, don't want to start a religion argument Just added my view here thats all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be more interested in the visiting alien life-form's culture, society, beliefs, whether or not there's an inter- or intragalactic community, and what that race and/or the community (if there is one) thinks of humanity. Not whether or not some dude with a bad spraytan and a blowback hairstyle Mikey Douchebag from Jersey would be jealous of was right.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    But.. Aliens \(Oo)/ ... And piramids n stuff! It all makes sence! They used "science"
    Fine... they can make pyramid shaped schools and hospitals. Just this time.

Spicy, you're assuming the religions haven't already thought of it.

If God has created everything, that means he created the aliens too. If the aliens claim they created us, it doesn't counteract anything; there are already supernatural entities that could be ascribed to the aliens (Jacob wrestled an alien). Heck it might even make some things easier for religions.

Speaking as someone with a lot of religious background: there's a reason religions have survived multiple millenia and Ages of Enlightenment. They're built to last.

I'm not religious, and I'm not trying to offend anyone who is. I'm just putting myself in that position and wondering what would I do. The OP asked if we would be angry. I know that if I had a faith, and was very devoted and strict with it and made a lot of decisions in my life based around that religion to find that it wasn't what I hoped it would be.. I'd be a lot more than angry.

EDIT: Just a thought thats all guys, don't want to start a religion argument Just added my view here thats all.
    Wasn't my intent to start one, just saying what history tells us about what happens when new evidence/knowledge arises that doesn't confirm with certain religions.

Chaos is also a possible outcome.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Why would i be angry? its a far more awesome past than "we evolved from slime"

Correct or wrong, the truth is there is quite a lot of things pointing out that our notion is history is quite outdated, human civilizations seem to be far older (around 12000) instead of the assumed 5000ish.
    Sometimes i watch it more out of getting to know really odd things other than "omg aliens" but who knows, its entertaining to think of it.

Well I'm not religious either and that is why I asked why you assumed I was (if you did).

there's a reason religions have survived multiple millenia and Ages of Enlightenment. They're built to last.
    Only some religions have survived for a long time, most have perished or replaced by a new one.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-01-12 at 06:42 PM.