Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all, but i will be wondering... why are they comming back? what do they want from us? they would want to become our masters or our allies?

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Only some religions have survived for a long time, most have perished or replaced by a new one.
    Yes, and just like we don't have to worry about how Neanderthal Man would react to the arrival of aliens, we don't to need worry about how the Cult of Isis would react either.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Not at all, but i will be wondering... why are they comming back? what do they want from us? they would want to become our masters or our allies?
    If you created a new bacteria in a laboratory would you try to befriend it?
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-01-12 at 06:52 PM.

Were the bacteria sentient, why not?
    But yeah doubtful a very advanced civilization would care much about us, unless they had some interest and that would be more a reason to worry than to cherish.

I think it's important to note that the general Ancient Alien theory doesn't indicate that aliens created humans, just that they kick-started human civilization. While I disagree with the Ancient Alien theories overall, it's still a very important distinction to make.

I disagree with the Ancient Aliens theories because to me it fails Occam's Razor by an impressive magnitude. On one hand we have the possibility that our ancestors were simply smarter then we sometimes give them credit for, and on the other we have aliens arriving on Earth and teaching our ancestors about civilization (but leaving out other things like the basic fundamentals of science, which weren't well understood until the Enlightenment), and then leaving, taking with them all direct evidence of their presence. To me, the former is the far simpler explanation for any oddities about ancient construction.

If it somehow turned out that the latter was true. I wouldn't be angry so much as curious to find out why the heck they didn't think things like the scientific method were important enough to mention but setting up themselves as gods and building gigantic structures with virtually no long-term practical value apparently was.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

The Occam's Razor argument works even better like this: if there were ancient aliens, where's their garbage?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I'd think it was some sort of trick and they were like the Aliens out of the TV programme "v".

The crazy hairstyle guy from AA actually is an alien, though.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I'd think it was some sort of trick and they were like the Aliens out of the TV programme "v".
    Reptilians? I knew it!

Deleted
    What? You mean it's not? Then why has it been on the History Channel?! D: Next you'll be telling me that other shows like Monster quest doesn't have any real monsters in it/

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Were the bacteria sentient, why not?
    But yeah doubtful a very advanced civilization would care much about us, unless they had some interest and that would be more a reason to worry than to cherish.
    We are a lot more advanced than other life forms on this planet but we are still interested in them and they aren't even from another world so I dont' see why an alien race wouldn't be interested in us just because they are more advanced.

I think.....the OP is an alien and he's cracking up reading this thread! Well played sir, well played. I'm glad to see aliens have a sense of humor too.

When in doubt.....aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    The Occam's Razor argument works even better like this: if there were ancient aliens, where's their garbage?

They were smart, unlike us, and sent it all into that great big incinerator we see rise every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    They were smart, unlike us, and sent it all into that great big incinerator we see rise every morning.
    All of it? Every single small piece of artifact was carefully disposed of? Yeah, I don't think so.

Deleted
    Yeah I would totally kill myself cos of the self-hatred, life wouldn't be worth living, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    We are a lot more advanced than other life forms on this planet but we are still interested in them and they aren't even from another world so I dont' see why an alien race wouldn't be interested in us just because they are more advanced.
    The thing is that we are mostly interested in these other lifeforms because of selfish reasons, and not because of peaceful mutual coexistence. We're not trying to make friends with them, we study them and eat them. So the point remains, an advanced alien civilization would more likely treat us like we treat animals that we consider to be "lesser forms of life" rather than show interest in us as equals. The difference between bacteria and us could be the same as us vs. a civilization that is capable of interstellar/galactic travel.

I would actually find it awesome, especially as they didn't kill us all thousands of years ago. Although, one listen to a Justin Bieber album upon return and the aliens may have a change of heart and blow us all into oblivion. Really, though, I've watched about 1/2 of the episodes of Ancients and Aliens and the only evidence is 'humans couldn't have done that' which is a crock of shit. I think most people vastly underestimate the intellect of our ancestors, but that is not what this thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    When I saw the thread, I expected that the OP would pose a question of whether we would be angry because these beings have let much suffering come to pass or left people to despair or something deep like that.

And yet we are asked if we would be angry because of our previous disbelief. I mean, that's really the first thing that would come into your mind in such a scenario? "Damn, I shudda believed" ?

No further comment.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:55 PM ----------

At least someone here gets it.
    well i didnt say they told the people they were gods. i remember hearing a story about a group of people (may have even been on ancient aliens) that live on some islands and are basically cut off from the rest of the world and are like ancient man well sometime in like world war 2 some soldiers gave them a bunch of boxes of food and supplies. to this day those people build fake planes out of wood and worship those people like gods.

even if it were true whos to say the aliens said "were gods" and not the other way around?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    like i said this has nothing to do with whether you think the show is true or false or your opinion on the show its self.

its just about how you would react if aliens came and basically said that they had visited us before. maybe i shouldve phrased the question a bit better but that was pretty much what i was asking.

how you would react.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552