Need some advice.

Around November 20th, my sister couldn't make her rent and was being kicked out. She came to my mothers complaining she was getting kicked out and that she was just going to live on the streets with her kids. My mother is a very kind person and would do anything for her kids even if it hurt her in the end. So she offered my sister a place to stay. My sister accepted and even said she would help pay for the bills and fill the house with food while she was staying there. I was there at the time all this was going on. There was no written agreement, it was just a verbal agreement. So come the start of December, my sister helped pay for half the rent. I thought this was great for my mother because it would not only help my sister get back on her feet, but it would also help my mom to save some money. We are not a rich family and we live paycheck to paycheck.

It wasn't until recent that my sister started to be, well, a bitch. She's all a sudden claiming she never said she would pay for some of the bills and help with food. I assumed food wouldn't be an issue because she gets 400 dollars in food stamps every month. She'll get this massive attitude if anyone touches her food, but she eats my moms food no problem. When my mom asked her if she could help pay for at least the cable or electric, she'll get an attitude and claim she doesn't use the cable or electric. Yet her kids watch T.V all the time, they leave the T.V on all night. So not only do they use the cable, they also use the electric. It's gotten to a point where my mom doesn't even want to be in her own home when my sister is around. I've told my mom I was going to say something, but my mom begged me not to say anything because it would only make things worse for her. I'm not sure what I can do. My sister is treating my mom like total crap and my mom does everything she can to help her out. It just really hurts me to see my family treating each other like this. I told my mom that if she isn't going to help with bills like she said she was and if it isn't working out, then kick her out. Knowing my mom, she won't do that because she doesn't want to see the kids on the streets. And knowing my sister, she wouldn't let the kids stay there.

So I'm just looking for some advice on what I can do or what my mom can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    it sounds like your mother doesnt want to do what needs to be done....there really isn't a whole lot you can do if she won't change her mind. it is her house after all. if she wants to continue letting her sister live there she can.

Deleted
    Are you close to your sister? if so, try to reason with her, but dont go attacking her, just have a little friendly chat. If you two arent that close i don't really see what you can do (except yell at her and hope she comes to her senses). And if nothing changes than it probably won't end well.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    how old is she? She sounds very juvenile.

Deleted
    I know your mam said not to say anything to your sister, but if it was me I would anyway. That's completely unnacceptable of her to throw your mams hospitality and generosity back in her face like that. Is there a big age difference between the two of you? Do you help your mam out with bills and such (if you're old enough that is)? If so then you should have more say in what happens around the house than your sister. She needs a good slap in the face to wake her up to the realities of life if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    how old is she? She sounds very juvenile.
    She's almost 30 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyInsane View Post
    Around November 20th, my sister couldn't make her rent and was being kicked out. She came to my mothers complaining she was getting kicked out and that she was just going to live on the streets with her kids. My mother is a very kind person and would do anything for her kids even if it hurt her in the end. So she offered my sister a place to stay. My sister accepted and even said she would help pay for the bills and fill the house with food while she was staying there. I was there at the time all this was going on. There was no written agreement, it was just a verbal agreement. So come the start of December, my sister helped pay for half the rent. I thought this was great for my mother because it would not only help my sister get back on her feet, but it would also help my mom to save some money. We are not a rich family and we live paycheck to paycheck.

It wasn't until recent that my sister started to be, well, a bitch. She's all a sudden claiming she never said she would pay for some of the bills and help with food. I assumed food wouldn't be an issue because she gets 400 dollars in food stamps every month. She'll get this massive attitude if anyone touches her food, but she eats my moms food no problem. When my mom asked her if she could help pay for at least the cable or electric, she'll get an attitude and claim she doesn't use the cable or electric. Yet her kids watch T.V all the time, they leave the T.V on all night. So not only do they use the cable, they also use the electric. It's gotten to a point where my mom doesn't even want to be in her own home when my sister is around. I've told my mom I was going to say something, but my mom begged me not to say anything because it would only make things worse for her. I'm not sure what I can do. My sister is treating my mom like total crap and my mom does everything she can to help her out. It just really hurts me to see my family treating each other like this. I told my mom that if she isn't going to help with bills like she said she was and if it isn't working out, then kick her out. Knowing my mom, she won't do that because she doesn't want to see the kids on the streets. And knowing my sister, she wouldn't let the kids stay there.

So I'm just looking for some advice on what I can do or what my mom can do.
    Personally I know if I was you I would try to kick her out myself even if it makes your mom mad.

Now before I am asked what about the kids....The kids can stay but she needs to go tell her get her shit together within the month and if things are not better you will make sure she is out at the end of the month.

To sum it up someone needs to put a foot in her ass.

This may sound wrong but family is just a word if she can do that to your mom then you should be able to kick her out or something.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD