Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mages have been extremely op 1v1 since the dawn of time and have been ice lance bots since Cata though I hear they don't even cast at all now. It's just the way it is. Go watch the video where some guy plays a frost mage with a steering wheel and pedals, lmao. He gets kills too. Actually, here.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    so then tell me how a mage spamming Ice Lance is not OP when are stats are basically even? That was the point, yet none of the geniuses on this forum get that.
    Going by your previous reply by chasing him, it should be common logic for you to jump forward n' spin > Disengage to get closer still while getting out of the FB fast, by chasing it's pretty safe to also assume that there was a complete lack of ability usage outside of DE on your end, making it faceroll for that mage which he probably realised, and therefore only use IL on you just to troll you harder.

Mistake nr1 though, moving away from your healer.., need there be more said?

In fact, judging by this entire thread and your responses, I'd imagine a druid could kill you using only Cyclone, and that's saying a lot lol.

Deleted
    so then tell me how a mage spamming Ice Lance is not OP when our stats are basically even? That was the point, yet none of the geniuses on this forum get that.
    He only spammed Ice Lance because you're bad and was giving him the procs.

Frost Mages (or is it Magi?) are OP 1v1, no need for arguments on either side.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Yes they are op 1v1 but hunters are mages hard counter. The op was doing something seriously wrong.

You died to a frost mage that only cast ice lance. Problem is you just aren't very good at playing a Hunter. And all of this skill people are talking about kind of makes me laugh. What class actually takes more skill than others to play? What is the difference between hitting 4 or 5 different spells vs. 2-3 spells more often. Clicking buttons is HARD LMAO! Skill isn't determined on what class you do or don't play. It comes down to knowing when and what buttons to use that defines a skilled player.
    Last edited by Agnar; 2013-01-12 at 09:07 AM.

Deleted
    I dont know what you expect from a game where simple cooldown stacking wins you matches. Only thing you can do is stop giving a fuck about things like that.

Deleted
    first just from pure maths, he has better pvp stats, second so many gcds of ice lance....like what o.O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    first just from pure maths, he has better pvp stats, second so many gcds of ice lance....like what o.O
    That's what I was thinking, even with four FoF procs, that's, what? 30-45 seconds of casting time? I'm also Pretty sure that you're not supposed to chase for 30 seconds. Plus, OP, you didn't spell-lock him with any of your stuns/silences/snares/roots. Even an absolute nabchocolate like me knows you don't just let casters cast solidly.

Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    nabchocolate.
    What is dat? Sounds delicious.

Deleted
    So many people here to prove the OP wrong. Delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    What is dat? Sounds delicious.
    Wanna try my nubcakes sometime?

OT: I find this topic quite hillarious, as others has proven, outplayed, even from a bad mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    So many people here to prove the OP wrong. Delicious.
    And he still insists on his point that mages are op for killing a terribad hunter "but it was with only one instant cast skill". The mage didn't even use pet nova. I mean what the serious f*? And the hunter got hit by the normal nova. Seriously?

I'm more surprised it took him that long to make such a thread about *insert class that kills him the most*...
    Last edited by mmoc7168d263de; 2013-01-12 at 10:08 AM.

so then tell me how a mage spamming Ice Lance is not OP when our stats are basically even? That was the point, yet none of the geniuses on this forum get that.
    You're the only one that's dumb here, in your own post too.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 10:21 AM ----------

I like how you said I stood in Frozen Orb, right after I said he was running.... lol ok.

4 FO hits because I had to chase him, else he be out of range, and now I am magically "standing" in FO.
    So you chased him, and ran INTO his frozen orb? That's what you're saying?

Your hole keeps getting deeper, just letting you know.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    Holy Radiance. Residual Heals from a PRIEST?

You must be new to this game

Deleted
    If you check the OP post history, you will find tons of "how overpowered Mages are", or "how Ghostcrawler and the other developers suck".

Classic "I suck but need to blame others" behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Theory View Post
    He only spammed Ice Lance because you're bad and was giving him the procs.
    Pretty much this. He was hitting ice lance, probably hopping around like a bunny, all the while laughing at you. Probably in vent with his buds talking about how he killed a hunter using only ice lance. That's what I would have done at least.

Seriously, though, nothing op here at all... Just a bad hunter.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    57% resil means you aren't gemming resil, expect to die.

according to your combat log you did nothing to heal yourself and you didn't deterrence.
    according to your combat log it took the mage AT LEAST 16 globals to kill you, each global is 1.5 seconds on mages iirc, so that's 24 seconds.

If you, as a hunter, can't kill a mage in 24 seconds, you are failing miserably.

"57% resil means you aren't gemming resil, expect to die."
    - They had equal-ish gear.

"according to your combat log you did nothing to heal yourself and you didn't deterrence."
    - His combat log isn't set up to show everything that happens?

"according to your combat log it took the mage AT LEAST 16 globals to kill you, each global is 1.5 seconds on mages iirc, so that's 24 seconds."
    - Fair enough.

"If you, as a hunter, can't kill a mage in 24 seconds, you are failing miserably."
    - Surviving vs a mage for 24 sec is an even greater feat. Which means he probably did use a lot of defensive CDs.

Not saying you're wrong across the board but you've got some blanket statements there that don't really serve the situation justice.

Deleted
    Its not that sir lance a lot wins by spamming one spell, its that he can get away with it so easily. Blink, block, time rewind, cold snap and invis etc. He wouldnt if you had better gear and good healer. But that seems bit too much imo, to beat medium(?) geared mage you need better gear and healer :P¨

But this has been the case since forever in this game. Sorry OP your yells are for naught