10+ Year Old Account

I think I screwed up.

Made the mistake of trying to clone my HDD to the new SDD I bought........ /queue laughter.

I know I need to enable AHCI and TRIM support, and align to sector's but for the life of me the damn thing will not boot into windows 7.

Fresh install is not an option, too much crap too reinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Very vague - what did you use to clone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it a new system completely, or just a new drive?

oh yeah one time my ddr went to 3.42Sdz which meant i had to reinstall the coupling engager in order to revac the UewOS module for TxO Suite 1.2 in 20 hours. Lo and behold I'm still alive.

Deleted
    You don't need AHCI for Trim, its an ATA command. And I don't think you need to align the sectors either if its a Windows 7 installation as the 100Mb partition gets put at 1024kb alignment anyway.

And if you really needed to align it again with the clone, if it was a proper program there probably would have been an option to align as it cloned.

If anything if you didn't have it set as AHCI when you installed Windows 7 on your old harddrive, set it back to that option and see if it starts.
    Last edited by mmocbefd526b79; 2013-01-12 at 04:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    oh yeah one time my ddr went to 3.42Sdz which meant i had to reinstall the coupling engager in order to revac the UewOS module for TxO Suite 1.2 in 20 hours. Lo and behold I'm still alive.
    You're an ass :P

New drive, not system, I used a Partition Wizard bootable CD for the clone.

Yup, it's toast, good thing I made a backup of my files. Gonna suck having to reinstall all my programs thou. Fresh install is always best for an SSD anyways from what I've read.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 11:30 PM ----------

Update, fresh Windows 7 install (had to call Microsoft and have them de-authorize my license so I could reinstall), reinstalling all my programs currently. This damn drive is lightning fast, btw its an MSI Reflex 120.
    Last edited by at05gt; 2013-01-12 at 05:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?