I want to play Rift again, strange issue is stopping me.

I really enjoyed rift during beta and the first couple months of its release. I want to get back into it.

My problem is this. I logged in on their website, and got a message saying they have updated their security policy, and i would need to change my password and secret questions.

Okay. So they sent me an email with a link, clicked that and it brought me to a page that asked for current pw + new, and new security questions. Okay. Filled it out, hit continue...

And it popped me to a page saying that i needed to update my security info. Thought it was just redirecting me back to the previous page so i hit the home button, and the page reloaded, still on the update. Went to my email and i had 2 more links telling me to update my security info.

My email inbox now has 27 emails from trion worlds support, and I have tried various different pages, as well as combinations of old/new passwords and security questions.

Has anyone experienced this? and is there an easy fix, or will i need to call customer support?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Spy View Post
    is there an easy fix, or will i need to call customer support?
    The easy fix IS calling customer support. They're quick, friendly, and always sort your issue for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    The easy fix IS calling customer support. They're quick, friendly, and always sort your issue for you.
    It's the weekend, so i can't call them, and I'd like to play this weekend. Second, I live in korea, so staying up past midnight on a weekday to try to get in contact with customer service when I have to be up at 5 AM is not something i was looking forward to. That is why I'm trying to find a fix that does not involve calling customer support.

It's the weekend, so i can't call them, and I'd like to play this weekend. Second, I live in korea, so staying up past midnight on a weekday to try to get in contact with customer service when I have to be up at 5 AM is not something i was looking forward to. That is why I'm trying to find a fix that does not involve calling customer support.
    Hmm, that's a bummer. Try clearing your cache and cookies out from your browser, that might be the issue. Failing that you may have to drop them an email via the contact us page on riftgame.com.

How's life in Korea?

Didn't expect it to but that fixed it, thanks! As for living in korea, it's interesting. Living on an army post everything is pretty normal, have to go a ways away for it to really feel like korea >_>

On a side note. Am I doing something wrong? I pulled up one of my old characters and she was teleported back to sanctum, theres an invisible wall blocking the bridge, and i can't use the porticulum (well i can, but it just eats my gold and puts me back in sanctum. I thought their little rift lite system allowed you to play up to level 20. Not sure how I'm supposed to do that without any means of gaining experience.

Didn't expect it to but that fixed it, thanks! As for living in korea, it's interesting. Living on an army post everything is pretty normal, have to go a ways away for it to really feel like korea >_>

On a side note. Am I doing something wrong? I pulled up one of my old characters and she was teleported back to sanctum, theres an invisible wall blocking the bridge, and i can't use the porticulum (well i can, but it just eats my gold and puts me back in sanctum. I thought their little rift lite system allowed you to play up to level 20. Not sure how I'm supposed to do that without any means of gaining experience.
    Sounds to me your shard was changed to a trial shard. Check to see. You may have to move to a new shard. Luckily you can swap shards for free on a 7 day cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    Sounds to me your shard was changed to a trial shard. Check to see. You may have to move to a new shard. Luckily you can swap shards for free on a 7 day cool down.
    TY, that would appear to be the problem. Beta characters, guess to be expected. Got any recommendations on which servers are highest pop? especially late night, considering thats when i'll be playing most

Didn't expect it to but that fixed it, thanks!
    Heh, I just finished a degree in web development. It's surprising how many issues are browser related

TY, that would appear to be the problem. Beta characters, guess to be expected. Got any recommendations on which servers are highest pop? especially late night, considering thats when i'll be playing most
    I think Faeblight has a respectable Oceanic community, that's about as late as it gets. Might wanna wait for confirmation from an actual US player though, I'm in the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them are pretty healthy as of this message 3 seem to be consistently at high:

Deepwood PVE
    Wolfsbane PVE
    Faeblight PVE RP

Pick one and if you don't like it you have a free transfer once a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just on Deepwood and it was pretty populated even at strange hours of the night. Now I'm on Threesprings, though I haven't really been able to check strange hours lately. I switched due to a guild I wanted to join that would work with my WoW raid times, not population issues.

Something worth mentioning is that most things are cross-server. Conquest, BGs, dungeons, all cross-server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Every word I read of that post has your credibility plummeting like a hooker getting a suitcase full of money for a BJ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lypo View Post
    I was just on Deepwood and it was pretty populated even at strange hours of the night. Now I'm on Threesprings, though I haven't really been able to check strange hours lately. I switched due to a guild I wanted to join that would work with my WoW raid times, not population issues.

Something worth mentioning is that most things are cross-server. Conquest, BGs, dungeons, all cross-server.
    Also worth mentioning is that they are also cross faction and on PvE servers you can even group with the opposite faction for Rifts and events.

This game simply doesn't want me to play it >_<

Just got paid today, went to buy it and their site is refusing to accept my card.