Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    so blizz takes the easy way out, they should just make the new gear beeing not upgradable , while the old loot is, that way the gap wont be so huge if you lvl up a new char, this change hurts new players/chars but has no effect to those that already have good enough gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    So people who upgrade their gear with the new upgrade system get a kick to the face for doing so in 5.2 - gg blizz!
    Learn to read. If you upgraded your stuff in 5.1 your upgrades will stay there also. You just can't upgrade in 5.2 them anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since they remove the upgrade, we should be able to buy BoE VP gear as in cata. then we have a reason to cap again and not feel forced

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Since they remove the upgrade, we should be able to buy BoE VP gear as in cata. then we have a reason to cap again and not feel forced
    'Forced"? Seriously?

Oh fuck that, why would you remove it completely.

Now when the sha socket 2H axe drops from Sha in terrace, my Starshatters are better, because they're upgraded, and I need two of those axes. What a bunch of retarded thinking really. Leave the upgrades alive and kicking for everything but 5.2 items, and be done with it for that patch.

For all I care you can remove the upgrade system completely and never bring it back, but leave it alive and kicking for all the items we currently have. It's just stupid to take it out in the middle of someone upgrading path and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    'Forced"? Seriously?
    Yes seriously. Valor capping is a requirement for any serious raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Yes seriously. Valor capping is a requirement for any serious raider.
    So you choose to be a "serious" raider, so you choose to get valor capped. No one is forcing you to do anything.

Removing item upgrades really is a stupid idea. It basically means that anyone that got their gear early and upgraded early, are at an advantage over an alt, even if they have the exact same gear. I had made a Monk; 88 now, and was actually really looking forward to gearing him up. I'll never be a raider, I don't have time to. This was great for me, getting slightly better gear with leftover Justice points.

Justice points are now totally useless, no need for them at all. Even the gear you buy with JP is worse than HC dungeon gear.

This now hinders LFR, meaning if you don't get the drops you're hoping for, you can't progress. At least with the upgrade system you could spend a useless currency upgrading your current gear.

Rather bummed by this, especially as people get to keep their upgraded stats, while alts after 4.2 wont. Here is me coming back after 9 months, thinking that Blizzard had changed. Boggles my mind, it really does.

10+ Year Old Account
    interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    Removing item upgrades really is a stupid idea. It basically means that anyone that got their gear early and upgraded early, are at an advantage over an alt, even if they have the exact same gear. I had made a Monk; 88 now, and was actually really looking forward to gearing him up. I'll never be a raider, I don't have time to. This was great for me, getting slightly better gear with leftover Justice points.

Justice points are now totally useless, no need for them at all. Even the gear you buy with JP is worse than HC dungeon gear.

This now hinders LFR, meaning if you don't get the drops you're hoping for, you can't progress. At least with the upgrade system you could spend a useless currency upgrading your current gear.

Rather bummed by this, especially as people get to keep their upgraded stats, while alts after 4.2 wont. Here is me coming back after 9 months, thinking that Blizzard had changed. Boggles my mind, it really does.
    JP is only useful when you can upgrade things with it? You thought Blizzard had changed to what, from what?

Thinking back, this may be the first time I can remember them adding a feature like this an then yanking it once it went live. If its causing issues I don't have a problem with it, but its gotta be pretty rare for them to be completely removing something vs tweaking it.

Can't decide whether I like it or not. It turned out to be a pretty nice feature on my alts for the heroic gear, and at least made Justice points somewhat useful for a little while longer. Hopefully they add something in to do with them other than buy old Cata mats or convert it into honor points.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it wasn't really useful.

A large percentage of the WoW community will not be in end game/current raid gear. The ones who are already are great at what they do and could out do normal players even if they were in blues and the normal players were in end game epics, so why would end game players need a boost to stats if they rock anyway?

Just seemed like an out of place feature that Blizzard wasted time on.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    da fuq? they removed it entirely?

megaton
    It breaks gear scaling for the next tier, i bet if it comes back after 5.2 they change how it works.
    For example they dont want you to totally skip normal mode gearing, currently if you have 517 upgraded gear but normal mode tier 15 drops 510 gear most guilds will just skip that gearing step.

Even hardcore guilds spend there extra time gearing alts in normals and giving people less to do probably isn't the best for any game.

I liked the feature and i hope it comes back even in a different form.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2013-01-12 at 02:39 PM.

Here we go, caving in to the whiners again. Just leave it at 486, it's insanely easy to get that ilevel. Won't be long till they start adding 496 gear to the last boss of the 5mans.

i don't use valor or justice for purchasing items. i save all the points for upgrading.

if there was no upgrading then i'd probably buy gear with it

Really wish they'd get over this "no flying mounts adds a sense of danger and exploration.".. I do not feel either leveling 1 to 60. I do not feel either leveling 85-90.

A more valid reason would be that they want players to see the effort the art team put in before they are allowed to fly over it. Pandaria is beautiful. It has a rich story. Great setting. But it is not dangerous.

I agree with removing upgrading. I'd rather them put in a Vp to Jp converter so I can buy heirlooms and transmog gear with my excess valor.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldreno View Post
    Um, no? Once you've purchased all the pieces you can use for your Main and offsets, what are you supposed to do with the excess valor? You should be capping anyway, if you're on the Black Prince's valor quest. If you're not, dunno what you're doing in the game.
    Most of us are already done that.

The upgrade system was terribad and I hope it never ever returns. I play a Monk (with which it's virtually impossible to get high ratings without glad partners, only a few players in the world have done it). And the gear discrepancies between me and my friends grows by the week. Why should I be punished because my class is poorly designed and cannot achieve success?

makes sense.
    I think they understand people will burn out fast, with dailies, new VP gear to buy, and then dailies to upgrade, LFR ( which seems to have taken over normal modes on low pop servers) and reg/heroic raiding, then dailies to upgrade it all.. They prob don't have THAT many new dalies to keep it interesting either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope gear upgrades never return(at least for valour/ conquest upgrades)