Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if im wrong about this then please someone correct me and ill change my mind. but wouldnt it be incredible easy to just restrict upgrading from whatever ilvl and below to prevent items from 5.2 being upgraded and then remove the restriction in 5.3?
    They might just be testing things out. Why bother just leaving him there to confuse people who don't check patch notes, when they can take him out? It sounds like they don't want anyone using the system, not just specific ilvls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, guess I have to go on the official forums and advocate for the return of item upgrades, but with prices adjusted for item strength
    Agreed. It's a bit retarded, that upping your wrists costs as much as upping your chest or weapons.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Shadow 2pc does impact Shadow Word: Insanity, which we're working to resolve.
    Just get rid of that bullshit talent. No shadow in his right mind uses it anyway lol.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-01-12 at 10:26 AM.

Deleted
    Still no single target buffs for Elemental Shamans. Ghostcrawler is delusional.

Deleted
    NICE! Item upgrade was just dumb. Spend hours farming gear and then more hours slightly upgrading them to be marginally better.

If they ever interoduce item upgrades again, it should be for weapons only or they should reduce the cost for upgrading by ALOT.

Glad to see it go in 5.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see it go in 5.2
    Me 2. I liked the fact that in Cata there was a point where I didn't need to bother with Valor anymore.

Good. Item upgrades ACTUALLY made it feel like I had to play every day, unlike dailies.

I've enjoyed the item upgrades. Gives at least some use of valor rather than no use for those who do heroic raiding.

Am I the only one happy they're removing item updates?

I agree with Ghostcrawler - Valor Gear AND Upgrades make Valor overwhelming and makes people feel like they HAVE to hit the 1k cap a week.

Deleted
    still nothing about dk's do they really think there fine when there not even a vaible class in arena anymore unless u go blood, but i guess the reason dk's arnt here is cos we can just shift into blood presence in frost for our survivability needs thanks ghostfag crawler

Deleted
    Glad to see the back of item upgrade. I simply don't have the time nor the willpower to grind out extra dungeons or LFR on top of my actual raiding. Having to make myself do it knowing I'm missing out on power increases otherwise was annoying.

Curse weekly roundup: horrible horrible horrible. He really needs to clean up, trim, and get a better wardrobe coordinator. (That jacket looks like it came from the salvation army.)

Deleted
    Bleh. I don't have much time to play, but at least I could hope to slowly build valor and upgrade the blue/purple upgradable gear I have until I get enough ilevel to LFR.

Deleted
    I think the plan is that in a new raid patch there will be nice gear to buy with your Valor.

They also seem to be saying that not all of it will be behind rep which is good plan!

It sounds like they are planning on reintroducing the upgrade vendor in non raid patches.

It is all a fine balancing act!

I think item upgrading should still be available for the Justice Points and Honor gear, mostly justice. Mostly because some people can't get lucky with loot and will continue to be stuck with that 1-2 463 items, be it their mains or alts, come 5.2 and beyond. Other than that, I don't particularly care that item upgrading will be gone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, that just makes it even more important for serious raiders to keep capping their valor if the upgrade system gets removed in 5.2. Guilds whose members have pushed their valor every week and obtained the maximum number of upgrades are gonna have a slight advantage for the new tier.

Deleted
    Can someone remember to Ghostcrawler on the US forums that Druid has not only a restoration spec?
    That no one really cares about mushrooms because they can absorb as much overhealing you want, that healing will be overhealing too !
    Balance druids are still left with Wrath hitting like a wet noodle, NO mobile Dps, Mighty Bash getting dodged and parried and requiring melee range for a ranged spec, Ridiculous sustained damage, and finally our burst getting reduced with the NV nerf.

Ferals are still left with a Cyclone that shares DR with everything, lasts 6 sec and has a 30sec CD

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    Curse weekly roundup: horrible horrible horrible. He really needs to clean up, trim, and get a better wardrobe coordinator. (That jacket looks like it came from the salvation army.)
    Whew, at least I'm not the only person who wishes he would fix himself up a bit better.

And I think part of the reason for removing the valor upgrade in 5.2 is due to there being better ilvl valor items to buy.

It is nice to see the upgrade system is gone, but I have to prepare ahead.

Edit: Just like someone said, the sudden remove will screw some hardcore raiders if they don't plan well.
    They MUST cap 1000 valor every week now until 4.2.

Will the current PvP conquest 483 gear drop back down 476 after 4.2?
    or honor gear in 4.2 is different from the current conquest 483 gear?

If the current conquest gear is more powerful than the 4.2 honor gear, it is too late to PvP in this entire expansion.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2013-01-12 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It is nice to see the upgrade system is gone, but I have to prepare ahead.

Will the current PvP conquest 483 gear drop back down 376 after 4.2?
    or honor gear in 4.2 is different from the current conquest 483 gear?

If the current conquest gear is more powerful than the 4.2 honor gear, it is too late to PvP in this entire expansion.
    This is a bit of an over statement....

Quote Originally Posted by Epithumia View Post
    Bleh. I don't have much time to play, but at least I could hope to slowly build valor and upgrade the blue/purple upgradable gear I have until I get enough ilevel to LFR.
    Shallow people judge others by how they look....guess what that says about you?