View Poll Results: Which Demon hunter would like as the next class?

Voters
353. This poll is closed
  • Illidan Demon hunter

203 57.51%
  • Diablo III demon hunter

24 6.80%
  • A combo of both

73 20.68%
  • I don't care

53 15.01%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    umm wut? There's no DH before Illidan and everytime we see DH npcs fight in wow they use Metamor.... for example Varedis,Leotheras,Telarius.
    i didnt say anything about there being demon hunters before illidan.

the only demon hunters ingame that use meta are the strongest of their kind like illidan and his top students.

demon hunters do not need meta all they need is to be demonic samurai. if they HAVE to give demon hunters meta then just either make it vanity like worgen transforms or give them the nathrezim model that got updated in cata.

lorewise almost no demon hunters can use meta only the most powerful can
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Oh, the irony. I didn't expect the Demon Hunter zeal to go that far but it turns out to be enjoyable after all.

i didnt say anything about there being demon hunters before illidan.

the only demon hunters ingame that use meta are the strongest of their kind like illidan and his top students.

demon hunters do not need meta all they need is to be demonic samurai. if they HAVE to give demon hunters meta then just either make it vanity like worgen transforms or give them the nathrezim model that got updated in cata.

Where do you get this from that lorewise only most powerful of them can? It won't even make sense anyway if we player are not a group of the most powerful DH if we are able to play one. All of DH that survived Illidan's training we saw in fight turn into demon... It makes sense for Illidan that he only could turn into demon after sometime because he is the one who paved the for the way of DH.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Oh, the irony. I didn't expect the Demon Hunter zeal to go that far but it turns out to be enjoyable after all.
    demon hunters have been the most asked for class since vanilla just like pandaren have been the most asked for race. even suggesting that blizzard downgrade them to a spec for the 2nd least played class in the game just because warlocks have one spell that isnt even central to demon hunters is idiotic.

so again i ask ARE WARLOCKS SAMURAI? WHEN I PLAY A WARLOCK AM I JUMPING AROUND SLASHING THINGS AND DOING MARTIAL ARTS? NO? THEN SHUTUP WARLOCKS GO AROUND GOIN PEW PEW MAGIC MISSLE DEBUFF WHILE A DEMON HELPS THEM OUT. DEMON HUNTERS JUMP AROUND DO DEMONIC KUNGFU AND ARE AWESOME @_@

warlocks are not samurai. END OF DISCUSSION
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

demon hunters have been the most asked for class since vanilla just like pandaren have been the most asked for race. even suggesting that blizzard downgrade them to a spec for the 2nd least played class in the game just because warlocks have one spell that isnt even central to demon hunters is idiotic.

so again i ask ARE WARLOCKS SAMURAI? WHEN I PLAY A WARLOCK AM I JUMPING AROUND SLASHING THINGS AND DOING MARTIAL ARTS? NO? THEN SHUTUP WARLOCKS GO AROUND GOIN PEW PEW MAGIC MISSLE DEBUFF WHILE A DEMON HELPS THEM OUT. DEMON HUNTERS JUMP AROUND DO DEMONIC KUNGFU AND ARE AWESOME @_@

warlocks are not samurai. END OF DISCUSSION
    umm I want DH too and I want Blizz to give Metamor back to where it belongs but I don't think we need to make shits up...

umm I want DH too and I want Blizz to gove Metamor back to where it belongs but I don't think we need to make shits up...
    what are you talking about making shit up?

demon hunters ARE the most asked for class. warlocks ARE the 2nd least played class. warlocks ARE casters. demon hunters ARE samurai. warlocks DONT EVEN REMOTELY RESEMBLE SAMURAI.

i would enjoy a bard class. simply because there are already 4 PURE DPS classes, and as far as i know DH have no tanking or healing capabilities. with 11 classes currently we need more tank or healer classes.

Quote Originally Posted by bklutz View Post
    i would enjoy a bard class. simply because there are already 4 PURE DPS classes, and as far as i know DH have no tanking or healing capabilities. with 11 classes currently we need more tank or healer classes.
    tanking and healing specs would work fine for demon hunters

what are you talking about making shit up?

demon hunters ARE the most asked for class. warlocks ARE the 2nd least played class. warlocks ARE casters. demon hunters ARE samurai. warlocks DONT EVEN REMOTELY RESEMBLE SAMURAI.
    I was refering to what you said that only most powerful DH could turn into demon so metamorphosis is not an important part of DH...

I was refering to what you said that only most powerful DH could turn into demon so metamorphosis is not an important part of DH...
    illidan only learned how to use meta like 30 years ago... do you really think with him being the first to ever use it AND only able to use it once empowered with the skull of guldan that for 10,000 years demon hunters were running around using it?

Demon Hunters are not samurai......they're fighters who are trained and excel at fighting demons (Onimusha does not represent all samurai)

In any case, WoW uses a talent system with up to three distinct playstyles for each class...why couldn't there be a ranged DPS, a melee DPS and a...anything else I guess... ranged tank? melee heals? AoE trap user DPS?

As long as the Illidan type DH is available I don' care, but that doesn't mean that's the only kind that can be available, a dual wielding pistol/ cross bow badass that uses traps would be kind of awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Demon Hunters are not samurai......they're fighters who are trained and excel at fighting demons (Onimusha does not represent all samurai)

In any case, WoW uses a talent system with up to three distinct playstyles for each class...why couldn't there be a ranged DPS, a melee DPS and a...anything else I guess... ranged tank? melee heals? AoE trap user DPS?

As long as the Illidan type DH is available I don' care, but that doesn't mean that's the only kind that can be available, a dual wielding pistol/ cross bow badass that uses traps would be kind of awesome too.
    demon hunters are based off samurai... that is a fact... they ARE samurai

illidan only learned how to use meta like 30 years ago... do you really think with him being the first to ever use it AND only able to use it once empowered with the skull of guldan that for 10,000 years demon hunters were running around using it?
    Because you assumed that other DHs that are not Illidan existed in WotA. We don't even know when he began teaching the way of DH to others but we know that all known DH that we saw in fight turn into demon... DH is not some generic way of fighting. It's the way Illidan himself discovered. I don't even think that Blizzard will give us gimped version of DH with no metamor when all npc could use it. If that happens, there would be a serious QQ storm.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 04:56 PM ----------

demon hunters are based off samurai... that is a fact... they ARE samurai
    If I remember right, samurais use katana right? Isn't it Blademaster that is based on samurai...?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I also have played a gnome Demo Lock since June 2005, I have tanked with him since that time. I remember at the end of Vanilla having more Stamina than most tanks. Granted back than Stamina helped my Demon Pets DPS, some thing which no longer happens.

The second a actual Demon Hunter Class is available I will play it.

Using sound logic the next expansion will have a new class. It will have the fallowing traits.

Mail wearing.
    Melee focused
    Tank spec
    dual wield * possibly titan's grip for the class

Here is my proof
    Armor type Total Classes Tank Specs Heal Specs Melee DPS Specs Range DPS Specs Pet DPS Specs
    Plate 3 3 1 5 0 1
    Mail 2 0 1 1 4 3
    Leather 3 2 2 2 1 0
    Cloth 3 1(almost) 1.5 0 7.5 4

total number of classes 11
    Total number of specs 34.5

Of the 11 classes
    Key:
    WR = Warrior, WL= Warlock, RG= Rogue, PL=Paladin, PR = Priest, DR=Druid, DK =Death Knight, HT =Hunter, MG =Mage, MK = Monk, SM=Shaman
    Weapon Type Total Classes Classes designed to use used for stats Classes Can equip but useless
    1hand Sword 9 MK,WR, RG, PL, DK, SM,MG, WL HT
    1hand ax 9 MK,WR, RG, PL, DK, SM,MG, SM HT
    1hand mace 8 WR, RG, PL, DR, DK, MK PR, SM n/a
    dagger 8 RG, DR WL, PR, MG, SM WR, HT
    fist 6 RG, DR, MK SM WR, HT
    2hand Sword 4 WR, PL, DK n/a HT
    2hand ax 5 WR, PL, DK SM HT
    2hand Mace 5 WR, PL, DR, DK SM n/a
    Staff 8 DR, MK WL, PR, MG, SM WR, HT
    Polearm 6 WR, PL, DR, DK, MK n/a HT
    Range fired 3 HT n/a WR, RG
    wands 3 n/a WL, PR, MG n/a
    Shield 3 WR, PL SM n/a
    how can you have 0.5 healer? its either full healing or full dps. half spec or hybrid spec was last seen in WOTLK with dk. who could dps and tank in all 3 dpecs

Because you assumed that other DHs that are not Illidan existed in WotA. We don't even know when he began teaching the way of DH to others but we know that all known DH that we saw in fight turn into demon... DH is not some generic way of fighting. It's the way Illidan himself discovered. I don't even think that Blizzard will give us gimped version of DH with no metamor when all npc could use it. If that happens, there would be a serious QQ storm.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 04:56 PM ----------

If I remember right, samurais use katana right? Isn't it Blademaster that is based on samurai...?
    demon hunters started showing up after illidan was imprisoned. and no blademasters arent based off samurai.

demon hunter

samurai

demon hunters started showing up after illidan was imprisoned. and no blademasters arent based off samurai.

demon hunter

samurai

any source that stated that DHs started showing up after Illidan was imprisioned? and how in the world the 2 pics look similar? -_-"

blademasters are based off the guys who wore these in japan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sashimono

similar to samurai but not the same thing

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 12:07 PM ----------

any source that stated that DHs started showing up after Illidan was imprisioned? and how in the world the 2 pics look similar? -_-"
    because thats whats stated in their lore? thats how its always been since the books and warcraft 3

blademasters are based off the guys who wore these in japan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sashimono

similar to samurai but not the same thing

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 12:07 PM ----------

because thats whats stated in their lore? thats how its always been since the books and warcraft 3
    Samurai wear sashimono when they go to war but that's not what I asked. I asked you how DH look similar to samurai in anyway.

Samurai wear sashimono when they go to war but that's not what I asked. I asked you how DH look similar to samurai in anyway.
    take off his shirt and they look near identicle...

take off his shirt and they look near identicle...
    in what way? Warglaives and Katanas? Hair style?