View Poll Results: Which Demon hunter would like as the next class?

Voters
353. This poll is closed
  • Illidan Demon hunter

203 57.51%
  • Diablo III demon hunter

24 6.80%
  • A combo of both

73 20.68%
  • I don't care

53 15.01%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    [QUOTE=Immitis;19825867]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post

anyone who doesnt think this is a samurai doesnt know anything about samurai

-_-"......

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    I would like a combination of the WoW and Diablo one. Kind of like a pet-less melee Hunter with spells!
    Long coat + guns + swords + spells - pet = Dante.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by EmiHes View Post
    I would atleast have the new class to use bows/guns, since hunters are now the only class that can use them. So if they decide to make a demon hunter class with bows, it would kind of look more like the diablo 3 demon hunter than the illidan one.
    NO! @_@ how about i say i want shaman to start wearing plate and using big swords?

if you want a ranged class then suggest a different class dont go around messing up shit when they are fine the way they are @_@ people like you ruin things for other people
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    NO! @_@ how about i say i want shaman to start wearing plate and using big swords?

if you want a ranged class then suggest a different class dont go around messing up shit when they are fine the way they are @_@ people like you ruin things for other people
    So basically.. Demon hunters should ONLY be a Monk/Warlock knockoff with no original spells because a Warlock already has them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    So basically.. Demon hunters should ONLY be a Monk/Warlock knockoff with no original spells because a Warlock already has them.
    no im saying they shouldnt be something they arent.

i dont ask for vanilla and expect it to be chocolate. you either want demon hunters or you want something else you cant say i want it to be called this but not really be this.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    no im saying they shouldnt be something they arent.

i dont ask for vanilla and expect it to be chocolate. you either want demon hunters or you want something else you cant say i want it to be called this but not really be this.
    A Demon hunter does everything in their power to hunt demons, I am pretty sure that means if they can pick up a bow and use it... they'd do exactly that.

A Demon hunter does everything in their power to hunt demons, I am pretty sure that means if they can pick up a bow and use it... they'd do exactly that.
    no they dont... a demon hunter fights fire with fire... in order to hunt demons they slowly become one.

a demon hunter with a bow would be retarded

I kinda think that it's weird to channel demonic energy inot bow and gun but I personally think other melee type weapons would do for DH.

how would you even put a demon inside a gun? wouldnt the demon escape everytime you shot a bullet or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    how would you even put a demon inside a gun? wouldnt the demon escape everytime you shot a bullet or something?
    By that logic, how do you put one in a sword, or your own body? How does blizz mail me dragons? WOULDN'T THEY JUST BURN THROUGH THE ENVELOPE!?!?

Seriously, not that big a deal bro. You're overthinking this.
    3 Specs.
    Spec A) Melee that uses warglaives and fel energies to deal damage. For the Illidan fanboys.
    Spec 2) Ranged DPS that uses bows/guns and fel energy to deal damage. For the Diablo/DMC fanboys.
    Spec the other one) Some other stuff, I don't know. Maybe some kind of healer/buff spec that channels fel energy into your allies to heal/empower them?
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Why do people forget about the Dark Rangers? Sylvanis has trained others in her dark arts, they could easily take the DK approach and have her train them during the Arthas thing in a phased starting area where you get all your quests from her right around the time she was preparing to break free from his control thus thrusting some cool story forward. They would use Bows, Crossbows, Guns, Daggers, and Swords. Agility Mail user, Ranged Melee / Spell, Close Combat Melee, and a Dark Arts, healer or a tank.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    By that logic, how do you put one in a sword, or your own body? How does blizz mail me dragons? WOULDN'T THEY JUST BURN THROUGH THE ENVELOPE!?!?

Seriously, not that big a deal bro. You're overthinking this.
    3 Specs.
    Spec A) Melee that uses warglaives and fel energies to deal damage. For the Illidan fanboys.
    Spec 2) Ranged DPS that uses bows/guns and fel energy to deal damage. For the Diablo/DMC fanboys.
    Spec the other one) Some other stuff, I don't know. Maybe some kind of healer/buff spec that channels fel energy into your allies to heal/empower them?
    you take the demon and bind it to the weapon, usually with some kind of magic runes. you then take the demon empowered sword and shove it in your eyes.

thats how demon hunters work. pretty sure if you tried to do that with a gun you would die

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Why do people forget about the Dark Rangers? Sylvanis has trained others in her dark arts, they could easily take the DK approach and have her train them during the Arthas thing in a phased starting area where you get all your quests from her right around the time she was preparing to break free from his control thus thrusting some cool story forward. They would use Bows, Crossbows, Guns, Daggers, and Swords. Agility Mail user, Ranged Melee / Spell, Close Combat Melee, and a Dark Arts, healer or a tank.
    because this is about demon hunters. if you want that class thats fine dark ranger would be an ok class. doesnt need to have anything to do with demon hunters

you take the demon and bind it to the weapon, usually with some kind of magic runes. you then take the demon empowered sword and shove it in your eyes.

thats how demon hunters work. pretty sure if you tried to do that with a gun you would die

because this is about demon hunters. if you want that class thats fine dark ranger would be an ok class. doesnt need to have anything to do with demon hunters
    I just don't think Demon Hunters will happen unless they plan on making them use ranged weapons, hunters being the only ranged melee is going to have to be looked at and one of the easiest ways is building another class around those weapon types.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Not that I agree with gun user DH but I just want to correct what you said. There's no record of DHs binding demon into their weapons and as of right now we don't know for sure how the ritual that blind their eyes works.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Not that I agree with gun user DH but I just want to correct what you said. There's no record of DHs binding demon into their weapons and as of right now we don't know for sure how the ritual that blind their eyes works.
    the rpg books said thats how they do it. if they implement them in game they will most likely use that or just not even talk about how they do it

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 01:20 PM ----------

from wowpedia

" These rituals involve capturing a demon and sacrificing it in order to bind a portion of its spirit inside the hero.[2] As part of the ceremony to become a demon hunter, the initiate burns out his or her eyes with a magic blade to entrap a demonic essence within their body. Most demon hunters then bind their mutilated eyes with strips of cloth. In return for this sacrifice, the demon hunter gains the ability to see the world without vision — creatures are visible as dimly glowing forms against a gray and murky background. Demonic energy blazes like burning pitch in the night; the demon hunter sees and recognizes it easily"

10+ Year Old Account
    the rpg books said thats how they do it. if they implement them in game they will most likely use that or just not even talk about how they do it
    But the RPG books aren't canon anymore.
    As far as that goes, Blizz could retcon that the blinding ritual doesn't occur until high level, or is even an optional sign of individual devotion. They could even claim it isn't a "ritual" at all, but simply a side effect of meddling around to closely to fel powers. Illidan's eyes were burned from his skull by Sargeras while illidan was imprsoned, not some formal ritual with an orderly protocol.
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 01:20 PM ----------

from wowpedia

" These rituals involve capturing a demon and sacrificing it in order to bind a portion of its spirit inside the hero.[2] As part of the ceremony to become a demon hunter, the initiate burns out his or her eyes with a magic blade to entrap a demonic essence within their body. Most demon hunters then bind their mutilated eyes with strips of cloth. In return for this sacrifice, the demon hunter gains the ability to see the world without vision — creatures are visible as dimly glowing forms against a gray and murky background. Demonic energy blazes like burning pitch in the night; the demon hunter sees and recognizes it easily"
    I know about what rpg books stated but we all know that it's not canon so it's not 100% confirmed.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 06:22 PM ----------

As far as that goes, Blizz could retcon that the blinding ritual doesn't occur until high level, or is even an optional sign of individual devotion. They could even claim it isn't a "ritual" at all, but simply a side effect of meddling around to closely to fel powers. Illidan's eyes were burned from his skull by Sargeras while illidan was imprsoned, not some formal ritual with an orderly protocol.
    His eyes were burnt away in WotA.

still blizzard says when implementing new things if theres alot of lore in the rpg books they tend to use it or retrofit it to current lore.

most of the pandaren lore that wasnt brand new was taken from rpg books like their old relationship with the night elves

10+ Year Old Account
    still blizzard says when implementing new things if theres alot of lore in the rpg books they tend to use it or retrofit it to current lore.

most of the pandaren lore that wasnt brand new was taken from rpg books like their old relationship with the night elves
    But they have never stated what, if any, of the RPG DH lore they would keep or pitch. The fact remains that Blizz can make whatever changes they see fit to the class IF they ever make it available to players in the first place. They could even say that the blinding effect is only attained by the most powerful DH's, i.e NPC's only. They may say that warglaives are a measure of rank, again only available to NPC's. They could change whatever they feel they need to for whatever reason they feel like.

I voted for Illidan Demon hunter, but I don't really care.