Deleted

Echo of Attenuation

Hi there.

At the last phase my guild has a bit of a problem. I have looked at several ranked guild videos and all of them just dodge the Attenuation and choose to keep DPSing the boss and not killing the echo. My guild currently has a problem like we pull both the boss and echo away from eachother in the corner after the first attenuation we pull the boss to the stairs basicly, but what the problem we currently have is that the boss does the verb where shields pop up and echo does attenueation at the same time and sometimes kills people because the green orbs go through the shields.

Any tips on better positioning or in general?

You still need to dodge green orbs even in the shields. That's it.

Deleted
    in 10man it's better and easier to kill the echo quickly. just save every offensive cd you have and use pot+lust once the echo spawns. you should pull the boss away from the echo so you don't have to worry about zorloks attenuation at all.
    save defensive and raid cooldowns for the second force and verve in p2.

Deleted
    Well, if you pull both on the opposite sides of the room, the boss in one column and the echo in the other diagonally opposed, you shouldn't have trouble dodging the green orbs in the force and verbe. The attenuation echo is almost non existant if you position yourselves right, and if you go hero and pot while the boss is starting the phase, he will be down to 20% before his first attenuattion, and down to 15% by the time the echo appears, so I don't think there is a need to kill the echo. When the boss does his attenuation, you dodge by going behind the column, not towards the centre of the hall. When it ends, you reposition him there if he moved after the tank. When he forces and verbe, you leave the tank and 1 dps/heal (someone with a CD on him) outside the 2 fields that will be near the column. If a green orb is coming, dodge it, and ignore the others. Repeat until he dies.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-01-12 at 04:40 PM.

If you have the echo in the right place, neither the rings nor the orbs should be reaching you at the boss position, but if they do, there is a LOT of room in those bubbles to let an orb pass you, and it's not like you are going to have two close to each other at that distance. If you keep having issues, try assigning one player from each bubble to look for those and call them out, "blob melee" or "blob ranged" for example.

Deleted
    Yeah it's a good idea to have the same raid roles going in the same bubbles in general (also helps with everyone getting the buff). Ranged going to furthest from the boss is the easiest way to do this. But yeah you need to dodge the green orbs in the bubble.

Make sure they're using personal cooldowns at the correct time as well. (if at all)

There is plenty of room inside the F&V bubbles to be able to dodge green orbs.

Deleted
    Is it really easier to kill the echo? We're attempting to kill the echo, but we have to move way to move to dps it efficiently instead of just dpsing the boss and going for the kill. 10-man btw

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrius View Post
    Is it really easier to kill the echo? We're attempting to kill the echo, but we have to move way to move to dps it efficiently instead of just dpsing the boss and going for the kill. 10-man btw
    Imo it's faster to just kill the boss. You'll have to dodge both attenuations anyway while dpsing the echo. If you kill it he can just spawn another one also the echo has 10% of his hp so killing it wouldn't really do much. I'm also 100% certain with an ok raid comp you won't lose >10% of his hp from the movement.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    If you kill it he can just spawn another one also the echo has 10% of his hp so killing it wouldn't really do much.
    Wasn't that hotfixed a couple of weeks ago, so he'll never spawn more than 1 Echo during P3?
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2013-01-14 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Wasn't that hotfixed a couple of weeks ago, so he'll never spawn more than 1 Echo during P3?
    Honestly, I have no clue. Sorry for the bad info if that is the case. My bad

I still think killing the boss is faster though.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Killed him yesterday after 92 wipes :P 10 man raiding guild.

We killed the echo first in the last phase and just pull the boss to middle and it's platform 1 and 2 combined. Yet some of my guildies still managed to die after the echo went down on the discs and green balls. The echo died within 2 attuenuations with lust. We have a lot of melee so it takes that long.

You'll get the kill once people don't lose focus and panic in the last phase. Would have been nice to know if it's 10-man or 25-man.

To hijack this thread a little. We had a few tries and got Zorlok to 22% (25man HC). My question is how do tank and healer manage on the copy when AoE and attenuation hits? Which tank/heal to chose to leave em out? Dk tank Hpala comes to mind.

Deleted
    We've had numerous 2-5% wipes doing both strats of killing echo and ignoring+nuking boss.... both feel pretty viable but we went with the kill echo strat as it feels safer overall.. but hey, ppl still die to single boss dance for some reason -.-

Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    To hijack this thread a little. We had a few tries and got Zorlok to 22% (25man HC). My question is how do tank and healer manage on the copy when AoE and attenuation hits? Which tank/heal to chose to leave em out? Dk tank Hpala comes to mind.
    Holy paladin with the echo tank is best due to bubble. Resto druid is probably a distant second best due to the combination of barkskin, treeform, and being able to heal while moving.

On the original topic, there's not a whole lot you can do about the echo's attenuation landing at the same time as the boss's force and verve. Even if you take the echo to the entry stairs and the boss behind a far pillar, the green things can sometimes still reach you. You just have to move out of the way within the bubbles, and probably pop healing cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Can anyone confirm this is true? It isn't in any hotfix notes I can see. There is one fix that makes it so he won't spawn multiple echoes, but that's in P1. My raid wiped to that glitch several times.

Can anyone confirm they've killed the echo in P3 and it didn't respawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Can anyone confirm this is true? It isn't in any hotfix notes I can see. There is one fix that makes it so he won't spawn multiple echoes, but that's in P1. My raid wiped to that glitch several times.

yes, it was changed quite a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    My question is how do tank and healer manage on the copy when AoE and attenuation hits? Which tank/heal to chose to leave em out? Dk tank Hpala comes to mind.
    As a Prot Paladin, I tank the Echo without a healer watching my back, I do get the occasional HoT during the boss attenuation, though.
    I just use BoP on myself on the second FnV during P3. The boss will be dead before the third FnV hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post

/topic/7004015213?page=13#249

*Zor'lok will now only summon one Echo for the entirety of the final phase of the fight on Heroic.

Hotfixed in early november

Our 10M does not kill the Echo. We 3-heal and have one healer stay on the Echo tank, while the other two help the raid. The Echo tank actually takes very little damage, so as long as its not doing Song of the Empress, we're generally pretty much golden, even if the Echo tank healer dies early. There's a bit of RNG with the last phase because whether it chooses Attenuation or FnV has a pretty big effect on the overall difficulty of this phase. If he chooses to do Attenuation first, there's a lot more dancing, but the healing is overall a bit easier since it means we'll have less FnV's. (Splitting two bubbles between a maximum of 8 people can get a bit hairy.)
    Last edited by Relapses; 2013-01-15 at 12:02 AM.