Poll: Will Velen's vision of Anduin Wrynn come true

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Velen's Vision

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    if garrosh and varian both die in the final fight there could be a truce or atleast another cold war
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Anduin will be trained by Turalyon to become a Paladin.
    While that would be epic, Anduin seems more like a priest than a paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    This isn't Hello Kitty Island Adventure. Since you decided to demean Anduin and not actually give a good substantial reason I'm going to presume you don't have one.
    He's a Mary Sue in the exact definition of the word, a character that lacks any concieveable or critical character flaws such as those found in Sophoclean tragedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    He's a Mary Sue in the exact definition of the word, a character that lacks any concieveable or critical character flaws such as those found in Sophoclean tragedy.
    He isn't a mary sue. You can't just call a character that because you don't like it. The only close to Mary Sue character is Med'an. And honestly I'd think if one has a flaw regardless of criticalness or not is still not a mary sue. People need to stop using the word Mary Sue as if it's a piece of candy Wrapper.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Anduin Wrynn heart is for everyone not just the Alliance . He saved both sides by stepping up to Garrosh while everyone else just waits . He is a true hero .

kind-hearted person =/= mary sue.

10+ Year Old Account
    He isn't a mary sue. You can't just call a character that because you don't like it. The only close to Mary Sue character is Med'an. And honestly I'd think if one has a flaw regardless of criticalness or not is still not a mary sue. People need to stop using the word Mary Sue as if it's a piece of candy Wrapper.
    I can, because he is. He's an overly likeable character lacking concievable flaws.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can, because he is. He's an overly likeable character lacking concievable flaws.
    Overly likeable.....there is a large portion of the community who hates him.....all of my "what?".
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Overly likeable.....there is a large portion of the community who hates him.....all of my "what?".
    "Overly likeable" discounts the cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Likeable by everyone in lore, except those that are going to die anyway.

I can, because he is.
    If he were a Mary Sue he would have just defeated Garrosh with his mastery of the light during their encounter, while being impressive in general. Instead he was just quickly crushed.

Anduin is neither powerful or an all-round talent, nor particularly intelligent or good-looking. It is thus unfair to call him a Mary Sue. He is just a very idealistic teenager who happens to be a prince. That is all.
    Last edited by iscalio; 2013-01-13 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I've been saying, the level of ridiculousness on these forums with people using that line is as bad as people using the term gay to describe something they find displeasing, and yet when you confront them on it they try and swear 'its doesn't mean gay gay is means gay lame'. Its beyond ridicule, its boarding on taking a pee on a soldiers grave.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 09:23 PM ----------

you really have no stretch of imagination when it comes to characterization in this kind of format.

You really are the sort of person who thinks any good guy character in warcraft is a sue, simply because there not warmongering tools of war and want something else. If you actually took the time to learn about the characters instead of throwing off first hand assessments of there actions you might understand what the writers are doing.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-01-13 at 09:25 PM.
    #boycottchina

I'm guessing half-true. E.g. Anduin will be there inspiring the forces, but other people would also be there to share the leadership.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Probably yes, but you'd have thought that the Humans would've learnt now.

Look at their last Paladin-Prince and tell me how well that turned out. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    i think his vision is about the same as mine

maybe 16 14?

on a serious note yeah audin will beat the legion with magical lightness some how

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I would trust velen's visions far more then say Genn Greymanes, since Genns are usually brought on by eating to much cheese and becoming a bit of a farty wolf.

But back to Anduin, it really depends on how many years on wow's story will go. The vision was of him as an adult (possibly), so unless theres an accident with gnomes tempering with temporal anomalies, we're have to wait and see if the story goes that far.

you and garrosh have a date night so let me and tirion enjoy our poker

Deleted
    I think Anduin would be better off representing the Priest class. Paladins already get enough inspiration.
    Last edited by mmoc2f7dfebfb1; 2013-01-13 at 10:31 PM.

Maybe Anduin actually did die at Garrosh's hands (even though he's shown at 1hp) ... I mean ... a grown-ass orc striking down a teenage human ... no way he should have survived ... except via plot armor I guess ... but what's even more immersion-breaking is that they would just leave him there without verifying he's dead or taking his body/corpse, or something ...

So maybe I just like to fix plotholes in my head, but I imagine Wrathion has something to do with Anduin being alive and well, considering what happens in 5.2 ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's an idealistic teenager.

You don't need to tack on "...with a drinking problem!" or "...with a past that haunts him to this day!" or "...out for cold hearted vengeance against those who kidnapped his daughter!" to make him a "realistic" character.

I'd think that intentionally writing every character with some deep dark flaw would be just as poor of a storytelling angle.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-01-13 at 10:40 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

you and garrosh have a date night so let me and tirion enjoy our poker
    Sorry genny your to late, I'm on a date with millhouse manastorm. He opened up a large can of whoopa.. urm.. ham.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Sorry genny your to late, I'm on a date with millhouse manastorm. He opened up a large can of whoopa.. urm.. ham.
    hahahaha

trassk likes millhouse (simpsons reference)

fine let me and tirion play poker, he even invited trollbane