Deleted

Arcane and shadow spells

I have always wondered what being hit by offensive arcane or shadow spells feels like. I'm not thinking about shadow priest spells which assault the mind or spells like Corruption and Agony, I'm thinking about spells like Shadow Bolt and Hand of Guldan. Would it feel like being hit by an invisible force or is it something totally different like assaulting the "soul"? Does a Shadow Bolt draw blood? The same applies for arcane spells like Arcane Missiles and Arcane Blast. I don't think there's any lore to explain this, so what do you guys think about this?
    Last edited by mmoc2c2bcbefc4; 2013-08-12 at 01:24 PM.

Turn out the lights. Slap yourself hard across the face. There that's how being hit by shadow damage feels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samakuro View Post
    I always wondered how being hit by offensive arcane or shadow spells feels like. I'm not thinking about shadow priest spells which assault the mind or spells like Corruption and Agony, I'm thinking about spells like Shadow Bolt and Hand of Guldan. Would it feel like being hit by an invisible force or is it something totally different like assaulting the "soul"? Does a Shadow Bolt draw blood? The same applies for arcane spells like Arcane Missiles and Arcane Blast. I don't think there's any lore about this, so what do you guys think about this?
    Arcane spells would tear you apart on a sub-molecular level. Shadow spells would decay the area they hit.

Hand of Gul'Dan is just a big damn meteor, so it'd probably feel like getting hit with a big damn meteor.
    I don't think Shadow Bolt draws blood but it would probably feel like you were being cut nevertheless, perhaps by biting insects rather than knives.

Arcane spells are pure energy so I imagine they'd still feel like burning/shocking, alongside a physical impact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Turn out the lights. Slap yourself hard across the face. There that's how being hit by shadow damage feels.
    Made me laugh. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Arcane spells would tear you apart on a sub-molecular level. Shadow spells would decay the area they hit.
    Interesting take on arcane, however I don't think shadow decaying the area they hit would apply to Shadow Bolt as decaying seems to imply damage over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Arcane spells are pure energy so I imagine they'd still feel like burning/shocking, alongside a physical impact.
    Makes sense.