Blood DK and last boss of Stormstout challenge mode

so my groups working on this, and we only had one real attempt on the last boss. and i noticed that our dps wasnt quite there to kill it before the 6th add spawns. the dk in our group is usually dps, but gave me the idea for myself (prot pally) to go ret which is my ms, and he go blood, because he says he'd be able to tank the boss while being blood but in all dps gear. so im just kinda questioning how possible that would be, if he could survive the boss for about that minute needed to kill in dps gear.

has anyone else done this? because as prot i'm not going to be able to push maybe more than 60k dps if i changed to two dps trinkets.

Deleted
    When i did it, i did it in DPS gear, but and so long as the tank gets the first, and positions himself right in the 2nd as well, he'll be fine. use big CDs before they pop up.

Also, i assume you're already doing this, else it wouldn't be an issue to keep him up, but it's worth mentioning in case, your healer should swap to DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiie View Post
    Also, i assume you're already doing this, else it wouldn't be an issue to keep him up, but it's worth mentioning in case, your healer should swap to DPS.
    yes our priest is going shadow, and by the first 2 adds you mean..... if you enter the room, and like turn left and look at it, the 2 you are talking about are the ones in the bottom left and middle bottom right? i didnt know one persons able to soak 2 adds

Deleted
    Crude drawing inc.

------------------------------
    |----------------------------|
    |-----N-------------F-------|
    |-----M----T-Y-----G------ |
    |-----S-------------P-------|
    |-----R-------------Q-------|
    -------------------------XXX

XXX - Entrance,
    Boss = Y
    N and Q are the first adds to spawn, Tank takes N, any other melee takes Q
    M And P spawn, Tank shifts to T - Taking the beams of both N and M, You can do the same on the other side.

This allows you to take it all the way to 8 add spawns, and increases tank survivability.

if the admittedly very crude diagram isn't much help, i can try to explain it in another way, let me know if you need further explanation!

Edit: There we go, making these things not just clump up from using spaces is exceptionally hard. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by mmoc64101a82b8; 2013-01-12 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Edit, QQ diagram sucks at lining up. give me a moment.

that did help a lot thanks are anyone else able to take 2? or is it just the tank in that one spot.

also for the lines that you jump over, when i was tanking it and jump i did see the line switch to the boss for a second but once i came back down it went back on me. is taking the stun worth not risking the boss getting healed?

Yes, anyone can soak up 2 beams emanating from adjacent elementals. We only jump when we don't block a beam.

Deleted
    A DK tank can pop icebound fortitude and not be stunned for 12 seconds also, removing that, but the damage is rough, i wouldn't recommend a dps geared blood tank to take both lines even with IBF up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughJustice View Post
    so my groups working on this, and we only had one real attempt on the last boss. and i noticed that our dps wasnt quite there to kill it before the 6th add spawns. the dk in our group is usually dps, but gave me the idea for myself (prot pally) to go ret which is my ms, and he go blood, because he says he'd be able to tank the boss while being blood but in all dps gear. so im just kinda questioning how possible that would be, if he could survive the boss for about that minute needed to kill in dps gear.

has anyone else done this? because as prot i'm not going to be able to push maybe more than 60k dps if i changed to two dps trinkets.
    We just finished it up today, with a Blood/Ret/Mistweaver/Hunter/Ele shaman setup, and Ive been tanking every CM with dps gear on

Deleted
    we did it with me tanking as dk and healer respecced dps and the adds healed us