[Resto] Haste breakpoints / Water Shield questions

Ok this is way late and out of left field but I thought I'd see what the consensus was.

First questions regarding haste breakpoints.

All expac I have been reforging for 871 haste for an extra riptide, hr and el tick but I just randomly came across a chart that says HTT and HST also benefit from haste for an extra tick? I have been kind of only logging in to raid and not alot of time to keep up on changes and research.

So my question is --- assuming AS and full raid buffs, whats my haste breakpoint for an extra HST / HTT tick ? 3764? And is this confirmed? Seems like a breakpoint to go for with how easy it is to obtain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second random question regarding water shield glyph.

What actually procs it? There are some fights that CLEARLY it procs just by watching your mana pool skyrocket (stone guard) but I use it on other fights where there is alot of damage like Wind Lord rain of blades and it clearly does not proc off that. How can we tell what is actually procs off of or is it just trial and error ? I always use Riptide and CH glyph (10 man) but my 3rd glyph is already based on the fight, whether its WS, TC, SG or whatever. But I hate using Water shield and not being able to tell if its benefiting.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    Ok this is way late and out of left field but I thought I'd see what the consensus was.

First questions regarding haste breakpoints.

All expac I have been reforging for 871 haste for an extra riptide, hr and el tick but I just randomly came across a chart that says HTT and HST also benefit from haste for an extra tick? I have been kind of only logging in to raid and not alot of time to keep up on changes and research.

So my question is --- assuming AS and full raid buffs, whats my haste breakpoint for an extra HST / HTT tick ? 3764? And is this confirmed? Seems like a breakpoint to go for with how easy it is to obtain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second random question regarding water shield glyph.

What actually procs it? There are some fights that CLEARLY it procs just by watching your mana pool skyrocket (stone guard) but I use it on other fights where there is alot of damage like Wind Lord rain of blades and it clearly does not proc off that. How can we tell what is actually procs off of or is it just trial and error ? I always use Riptide and CH glyph (10 man) but my 3rd glyph is already based on the fight, whether its WS, TC, SG or whatever. But I hate using Water shield and not being able to tell if its benefiting.
    The healing tide / stream breakpoint isnt worth going to. Theres a bug atm which means you need more haste depending on your latency at the time or something like that and haste being probably our worst stat atm its not worth reforging into to reach this extra tick.
    Another breakpoint that people go for if they take the em talent which is my prefered talent, is 2000 and something so you get another tick on healing rain wen you have em up and also the 3039 breakpoint which gives you the extra tick on earthliving weapon since you lose the 5% passive haste from as and doesnt require any reforging into to achieve.

I believe in answer to your second question its all physical damage. I havent tested it so cant be sure what it actually procs off of but i found this with a quick google which might help http://shamannebula.wordpress.com/ta...-water-shield/
    If you are looking for a way to get mana return on all fights, try the totemic recall glyph, just by returning your healing stream totem before the last tick you can return like 300k mana in a fight which is pretty nice mana back, and you can also return your fire / earth ele for more free mana

Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    The healing tide / stream breakpoint isnt worth going to. Theres a bug atm which means you need more haste depending on your latency at the time or something like that and haste being probably our worst stat atm its not worth reforging into to reach this extra tick.
    Another breakpoint that people go for if they take the em talent which is my prefered talent, is 2000 and something so you get another tick on healing rain wen you have em up and also the 3039 breakpoint which gives you the extra tick on earthliving weapon since you lose the 5% passive haste from as and doesnt require any reforging into to achieve.

I believe in answer to your second question its all physical damage. I havent tested it so cant be sure what it actually procs off of but i found this with a quick google which might help http://shamannebula.wordpress.com/ta...-water-shield/
    If you are looking for a way to get mana return on all fights, try the totemic recall glyph, just by returning your healing stream totem before the last tick you can return like 300k mana in a fight which is pretty nice mana back, and you can also return your fire / earth ele for more free mana
    Thank you for the info. I am considering totemic recall but I need to get a good tracker addon that shows when my HST is active since theres no buff or anything. I will avoid the haste reforging then. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    Thank you for the info. I am considering totemic recall but I need to get a good tracker addon that shows when my HST is active since theres no buff or anything. I will avoid the haste reforging then. Thanks!
    ok, if u want a healing stream tracker, i use weak auras. A while a go I gave a guide to sum1 to set it up so it shows healing stream on your screen wen theres less than 5 secs remaining for easy recalls so il just copy and paste it to here and hope it helps!

alright so I have basically set weak auras up to show my healing stream come up in a small icon in the middle of the screen when healing stream has less than 5 second duration left so I can basically recall it when this icon pops and gain the mana back.
    So anyway to do this first open up the weak aura config page with /wa, next create a new icon. under the display tab, make sure cooldown is checked, and i usually change the text to %p as this allows me to see the remaining duration. anyway after go onto the trigger tab, change the type to status and change the status to totem, then the totem type to water and the name to healing stream totem, now you can test this, if you put down a healing stream totem an icon will come up with the full duration in the middle of ur screen. Anyway as I sed before i only have it show when 5 or less seconds remain on the totem, so go back into your setup for the healing stream totem and under the trigger tab click add trigger. This allows us to create another trigger. Then under type click status again. and under status change it to cooldown progress (spell). After change the spell name to healing stream totem. Then scroll down and change the remaining time (with the operator as a < sign) to 20. What this is doing is making the healing stream icon show only if its active and the healing stream cooldown is less than 20, as 20 seconds means the totem has 5 second duration left it works pretty well. Well I hope this has helped to track healing stream totem. If you want to move or resize the icon just move the weak aura options off the icon and then you can drag the icon where you want, clicking in the corners of the icon allows for easy resizing too.
    Anyway im not quite finished with customizing my icon. I also only want it to show when im in my resto spec as its pointless to have it in my ele spec tbh so click on the load tab and change the player class to shaman and talent spec to resto.
    I usually have the icon glow too to make it more noticeable on the screen. Click the actions tab and click the button glow, change the glow action to show. The click on choose, next to the frame text box and after click on your newly created icon.

The only fights where the Water Shield glyph is anything more than a trivial mp5 gain on are Stone Guard, Amber Shaper and arguably Shek'zeer. On Stone Guard, the tile mechanic gives you near unlimited mana anyway, so it's probably not worth switching glyphs for that fight. On many of the other fights, it's a very large mp5 loss to have the glyph in because Water Shield barely procs.

As a general rule, put it in for AmberShaper and Shek'zeer progression. In all other cases, it can safely be ignored.