Power Auras vs. Weak Auras

What's the difference? My Power Auras hasn't worked in awhile. I use this for pretty much 1 thing as a resto shaman. Tracking when my Healing Stream is active, how much time is left on it and the cooldown. Can weak auras do this?

Deleted
    Have you tried this PowA version?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are basically the same, but their configuration is drastically different and Weak Auras has some animation functions not available in Power Auras. My main gripe with Weak Auras is how they display stack and timer text (at least when I tried it before the MoP version of PA came out).

If you upgrade to the PA version Treeston linked, all your old PA auras will work.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-01-12 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    What's the difference? My Power Auras hasn't worked in awhile. I use this for pretty much 1 thing as a resto shaman. Tracking when my Healing Stream is active, how much time is left on it and the cooldown. Can weak auras do this?
    I made the switch from power auras to weak auras at the start of mop and i havnt looked back.

It takes 30 minutes to an hour to get used to weak auras after using power auras (well thats what i found anyway), and i started to find things that weak auras could do that power auras didnt appear to.

Weak auras does anything you can think of.

It would take me 30 seconds to set up and get it looking how i wanted what you requested (if i had a shammy).

The only thing that weak auras is weak at, is overlays, it possible to do things with custom functions, but I used to run several transparent overlays as part of my package and its just not possible with WA... that being said.. I use WA, and prob wouldn't go back to PA

10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    dedgeaGljHTPIMTGVPODc0Er7wH9tG(PK0WeQXrLgQqYGvvA4e1PeICmP4CsPfQcTCjEOqupfAzePNtQFRKPQutgutx0Tb5Zs1LPCDvAJskhwv2mH2UQIttYJvbtJQ(obmsjrpJkgTQQXlK6scbDlc6AaoprmkHq)vs1RfcmB4M4JBMe1eBQWxXScxIqeHjcZnXORkkQTK18UsJLE6iD204mL6gtrHEpXI1vRXwISrewY4bPo0lRRmrjvff1wYAc9aXoNXnZP3fW349uuO)KOfT8BaBW8irfmXkTxqn66SypOEzDLjkGco)jOVTI222jaGlqRZeG44cTlQE3kAc2q83u9)K1MXoNUt3zJ0PJZz7jff6Ne1wqmQLAKe3vJIyy9G5MyzfmUjcDdPIBMmzYK4bUjyd3eHvA5WtcMVdrGMyektmSEWCtSScg3eHUHuXntMmjkPQOO2swZppNExhFBZC6cCgtrHEpXI1vRXwISruDyniQGjwP9cQrhZI9GiEhzr17wHBIAzleaFqgbbCA9mjMfvVBfUjMsKnI68Lxnr7JnsIrETcWlbgc(nQYQxmTwWVreLTqiseVARUw2cbWhKXJeVd7JnsIVBUiE1w97qL8irTSfcGpiJGaoTEIhU6Cbv)xbBetfKbZKy0vff1wYAcb8UUZz8PdWSvQJRNIc9aefqbN)eeiM44cTlQE3kAc2q83u9)KGaXmjOuUjEhzr17wHBIAzleaFqgbbCA9mjwSUAn2sKnIQdRbXXfAxu9Uv0eSHy0vff1wYAcb8UUZz8PdWSvQJRNIc9aevWeR0Eb1OJzXEqc(vkrbuW5pbbIjMfvVBfUjMsKnI68LxnXR2QRgFSI24rI2hBKeJ8AfGxcme8BuLvVyATGFJikBHqKiE4QZfu9FfSrmvqgmXR2QRLTqa8bz8irTSfcGpiJGaoTEIxTv)oujps8oSp2ij(U5IjXFt1)tccetusvrrTLSMFEo9Uo(2M50f4mMIc9EIH1dMBILvW4Mi0nKkUzYKjtMe)qWgFCmtsa
    This will track Healing Stream in weak auras. Let me know if you have any other questions or what to make changes.

Instuctions: Copy the entire line and go to weak auras, click Import, then paste that line (ctrl-v) and click done.

Deleted
    WeakAuras has no option to set a WeakAuras string as condition. Thats the only thing i really miss.

swapping to WA was probably the hardest thing i did when powa broke - but since i did it it's basically been the best thing since sliced bread

From my experience, weakauras has been less on the cpu and memory usage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenTheMan View Post
    The only thing that weak auras is weak at, is overlays, it possible to do things with custom functions, but I used to run several transparent overlays as part of my package and its just not possible with WA... that being said.. I use WA, and prob wouldn't go back to PA
    You can surely create layers of icons above each other; you can also choose the transparency of each of them. It's in the Display tab when you click on Color - there you can chose the transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen View Post
    swapping to WA was probably the hardest thing i did when powa broke - but since i did it it's basically been the best thing since sliced bread
    Hahaha, yes, this is exactly what happened to me.