Poll: Flying on WoW should have a cost per second

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is by far the worst idea I've ever heard of, seen or had the displeasure of reading. Who in their right mind would suggest this, or let alone think Blizzard would actually implement it?

If you don't like flying, then don't fly. No one is forcing you to, and the entire game is still accessible while walking or on a ground mount.

This is like the pvp on pvp realms not being fair. If you don't want the chance, then don't roll pvp. If you don't want to fly, then don't fly. Simple as that.

Worst idea ever. Not because I don't have the gold (I do) but because I already paid for my flying on a few toons, and shouldn't be penalized with a stupid "meter" for using what I paid for long ago. And yes, I really do mean the worst idea ever, which is quite an accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Britovsky View Post
    So there is this debate about the impact of flying mounts on the epicness of WoW experience, sense of danger that the outside world should have and the PvP factor for many realms.

Since we cannot just delete them (that should be wasting lots of work and a useful resource), why not then just make fly to have a cost? Yeah:
    If you want to fly you will have to pay gold for each second. Want to fly with faster mounts? You will pay more.

That would make flying mounts to be there just to be used as a last resorts for many and create incentives to use ground mounts more often. That is how it happens in RL actually, you just cannot keep flying forever.

Of course there are very rich players around that would keep flying like if nothing happened, but come on, they have earned it somehow.

What do you think?

Edit:
    We have a penalization for resurrecting at the graveyard now, with gold. And we have a penalization for resurrecting several times, with a time delay. Maybe a likewise formule could work?
    No. Stop with these idiotic threads. Flying isn't going away and it certainly won't be changed in such a moronic pointless way.

Deleted
    Another one of these threads.

No. Keep it the way it is. Changing it into something ridiculous as this will result in an endless shitstorm from the community.

I cannot like your idea less, what about alts why would i want to pay gold to be able to fly on any more 7 characters when i do all my main character, i have seen the area, i lived the experience why should I now pay money every time i mount up?

It does have a cost per second, we just paid it upfront when we trained and pay again when we buy new mounts. The more we fly the cheaper the cost per second is. I know there are no bad ideas in brainstorming, this idea is testing those limits though.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 05:48 AM ----------

Just imagine you sent afk hovering in the ground but not landed like we have all seen dozens of times. You return to find your toon pissed away a few thousand gold while you were letting your dog out or making dinner. This would cause so many issues, ppl would never go to the summoning stones unless they had to getting groups for world bosses would take 5 times as long to set up, ppl would never to to dungeons/raids that you need to fly up to like Mech, TK and Eye, leveling in Wrath content would end up costing you gold to do already over played quests. The list goes on and on about why or how this is a poor idea.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I do think flying mounts completely ruin the game but I don't agree with the idea of paying per second.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    no you wouldnt, get off the bandwagon, it wouldnt take many hours before you and many others would silently think to yourself 'fuck no flying mount'.
    Its a bit like them people that scream for a vanilla server, 2 hours tops before they log off it and never go back.
    its not really a bandwagon thing at all, the entire world is dead because of flying mounts. If people need compromise, ground mounts can have their speed increased.

I am sorry, of course, but WHERE do you got those ridiculous ideas???!!!

Tbh the only thing I would go for is to allow players to dismount players with damage much easier. This ofc would be pvp orientated however if your on a pvp realm I wouldnt see a problem with this, just adds to the danger
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    how about we do the opposite and remove ground mounts?
    If they did would anybody notice? Seems the time people use ground mounts is when they cant fly at the start of new xpacs.

This is an utterly ridiculous idea, with respect. I am a very poor player: I spend my money as I get it. I also fly EVERYWHERE. I cant be the only one like this either. Adding a cost to flying is just absurd, it would ruin some areas on the map and only make travelling even more boring.
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

Deleted
    Oh boy it's barely January and we got candidate for the dumbest idea of the year.
    Blizzard will never remove flying mounts from the game. Never. It's way too late for that, end of story.
    Maybe if it was 2007 and flying is restricted to Outlands because topography demands it it'd be different.

HWGT removal was a different thing. This spell was making playerbase ultimate lazy, everyone expected you to summon his sorry ass to an instance. Some people even threatened to leave groups if they didnt get a summon. But HWGT was just one spell, they removed it and nobody cries after it. Restricting/removing flying mounts will erase many players' accomplishments in acquiring rare/expensive flying mounts, spending gold to train all their characters etc etc.

Not to mention this would just incur another time wastage to the game. I play on PVE realm, I honestly don't give a flying fuck over all this world pvp debate. I want fast and comfortable transportation, either AFK tabbed out flightpaths or flying mount.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the cost should be health. I'd just set up camp a few places around the world and watch people drop like flies from the sky. It would be hilarious for a few months, then I'm sure I'd get bored of it.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    the entire world is dead because of flying mounts.
    You have a very strange definition of "dead".
    Oh right, sorry, I forgot that exaggerating is nearly mandatory to give any kind of strength to these silly arguments.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-01-13 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Don't you tired of this threads? You can't change state of flying mounts in WoW without severe game re-disign. Just stop.

ppl forget that flying mounts gave us another dimention of exploring,
    since TBC not everything is on the ground, some camps and quests hub are high on mountain tops or ridges that you can not access by land mount.

think about it , even blizz could capitalaize on this and create almost another continent to explore up there in the sky on flying land masses or broken pieces of zones or astoids.

Wtf is people's issue with flying? Give me one reason it's a bad thing aside from "I can't gank that guy."

What's with all these leather-headed 'fixes' to flying mounts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I fly across Azeroth on my own mount instead of using the Flight Masters so that I can avoid spending gold. If they added something like this, they better refund the money spent on flight training.