Poll: Flying on WoW should have a cost per second

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    I agree op. The cost should be every time someone uses a flying mount in drains game time from someone who posts about how much they don't like them. That people who have a problem with something that a vast majority of other people enjoy, can run out of game time faster and stop playing, therefore stop coming up with ridiculous rubbish suggestions like this:

That would make flying mounts to be there just to be used as a last resorts for many and create incentives to use ground mounts more often.
    It's not an incentive for using ground mounts, it's a pointless penalty for using flying mounts because you and your pathetic gank squad can't harass players 30 levels lower than you endlessly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    The only kind of change I would like to see, is if you have engaged in active world PVP within 2 minutes you cannot use your flying mount. Having a druid run away and then insta flight form to safety, or a rogue vanish/sprint/smokebomb/flying away, etc, takes a lot of thrill out of world pvp.
    That's not a bad idea. I've seen similar posted on the official forums a few times. Wonder if its been considered.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Doing anything in WoW takes too much time as it is, remember when it already took 30 min to get a full party to the actual instance? Then 1 or 2 hours to complete said instance? No thanks, WoW takes too much time already.

I'm happy that when I level an alt in Outland or Northrend I can fly and the questing goes much faster and easier. Not being able to fly in Pandaria is really annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Britovsky View Post
    That would make flying mounts to be there just to be used as a last resorts for many and create incentives to use ground mounts more often. That is how it happens in RL actually, you just cannot keep flying forever.
    I don't know. My RL dragon sure flyes forever and ever and ever.

So there is this debate about the impact of flying mounts on the epicness of WoW experience, sense of danger that the outside world should have and the PvP factor for many realms.
    There is no debate. Only a very minute portion of the player base that want something to complain about. It seems like it should be painfully obvious by now that the overwhelming majority wants no changes to flying (other than perhaps flying sooner). Why do these threads keep popping up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad Flights appeared in WOW, no way back now.
    It hurts to see most dislike the idea, making me want to desperately scream "You know nothing about epicness, get out of my game!"
    I wish devs never listened to players. At least we'd have to accept the only available view on a game. What we have now is destroyed by too much of damn freedom people have in influencing devs, by whining, creating thousands of threads and polls.
    WOW is too dynamic, it evolves, and not always towards good.

So there is this debate about the impact of flying mounts on the epicness of WoW experience, sense of danger that the outside world should have and the PvP factor for many realms.
    Ok, one: 'sense of danger' of looking over my shoulder to make sure a player of the opposite faction or around the same level as I am is not sneaking on me is one thing. A completely different thing is to have a player of 'skull' level (10+ levels above you) show up and gank you again and again, corpse-camping you. It's an enemy you cannot win against, and you cannot run away from. That's not 'World PvP', that's 'World Ganking' or 'World Griefing'. Two: World PvP started dwindling already back in BC. Three: last but not least, the 'impact of flying mounts on the epicness of WoW experience'. I think flying mounts add to the experience, not diminish it. Because I find it just so epic hovering above the zones and look down on the tree tops and buildings' roofs, to give me a bigger picture to go along with the 'smaller picture' I get while on foot, questing.

If you want to fly you will have to pay gold for each second. Want to fly with faster mounts? You will pay more.
    I am 'ok' with it ONLY if ground mounts get charged 'gold per second' as well. If I gotta pay, then so do you. Also, while we're at it, add a stamina bar that depletes the more you run on foot. It depletes, you can only walk or wait for it to recharge. Just out of spite.

That would make flying mounts to be there just to be used as a last resorts for many and create incentives to use ground mounts more often. That is how it happens in RL actually, you just cannot keep flying forever.
    In WoW, unlike 'Real Life', everyone and their dogs have at least two flying mounts. I don't have even ONE jet/plane/helicopter. In WoW, unlike 'RL', I don't need to buy fuel/food to keep my mount going. In WoW, unlike 'RL', my mounts never suffer from fatigue (unless I fly above the ocean). And on, and on... Do you see now how this comparison between Real Life and Wold of Warcraft fails in its entirety?

What do you think?
    I think it's kinda implied, but, no, I don't like your ideas. It's just fine the way it is. Don't want to fly, then don't. Just please don't try to force others into your choices. Some of us DO like flying.