Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bought the game for PvP, never thought I'd be interested in the PvE. But it's all I do now. 6x80s and the last 2 are in progress. Though that basically means the PvP sucks, it's a tribute to how good the PvE is. I've hated the PvE in every other MMO I played.

I didn't like Mists of Pandaria at first, but GW2 drove me closer towards it.

Please post on-topic and refrain from starting game vs. game debates. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-01-15 at 06:21 PM.

I did not like how the game pretended the combat was a full action instead of tab target but it just was not true but then this came along: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ombat_mode_11/ and I have been loving it ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated the fact that the camera was glued close on your back at first .... Now i've gotten used to it i think it's great You see lot's of more stuff happening

I hated the trash in the original dungeons ... now after playing fractals i think the trash is good fun
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    I did not like how the game pretended the combat was a full action instead of tab target but it just was not true but then this came along: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...ombat_mode_11/ and I have been loving it ever since.
    Do you still use it? I have seen stuff about it, and it's interesting. I just dont think it's legal? I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Do you still use it? I have seen stuff about it, and it's interesting. I just dont think it's legal? I'm not sure.
    I have been using it since version 0.2 or so. Yes it is legal and works great, altho, with the game not really having been designed for this style of play, it has some rough edges, mainly for ranged
    (stuff like ground target skills ale slightly harder to aim properly etc.). For melee classes it works flawlessly though.

I really liked mentoring in EQ2 (if only the rest of the game as so good). It basically was a feature that let you reduce your level to that of someone in your group and everything scaled down. When I read about Fractals I wasn't so keen on it because unlike mentoring, it wasn't a choice. I just was never going to get more powerful when I did old content. In practice though, it basically means I get to do all the quests rather than doing them when they aren't as much fun because I end up leveling too fast. i really wish I could have done all the quests in WoW that way instead of doing loremaster twice on the same character before cata and after. Quests are much more fun when they are not greyed out. So the feature has really been a selling point to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Praey View Post
    I didn't like the no quest log sort of deal but when I got used to it I loved the idea.
    Same here, it's so much easier to just go into an area, see a heart, complete it, and move on. No need to run back (unless you want to buy karma items). I wasn't sure about it at first, as I was so used to picking up quests, then going back to turn them in. It's so much less time consuming in GW2.

Deleted
    I didn't think I'd like dynamic events. But now I love them.

At first i did not like that projectiles had actual trajectories. I was too used to being able to shoot through hills,trees and whatnot like in less sophisticated games. Hitting other mobs that crossed your weapon/spells flight path as well was annoying at first. I love it now tho. The realism of it grows on you.