Why Do BGs reward garbage CP?

Something that never made sense to me was random BGs rewarded absolute horrendous amounts of conquest points upon a win. 100 for first/50 for subsequent wins.

Considering arena wins reward a flat 180 I believe, and last about a 10th of the time an actual BGs takes, what's the deal? Seems strange that a 2 minute investment rewards 180 CP and a 20 minute one rewards 100/50. They really should raise it to something like 300/150 at least.

cause they want you to do arena/rbgs for the points, cp for randoms was given just to keep people queing hear and there not as the main source of cp

10+ Year Old Account
    It's mainly because of how random, the random battlegrounds can be. If Random bg's gave a good amount of conquest people would just make premades to fight the 'random' people. However this would eventually lead to the pre-made vs pre-made for the "random" battle grounds. Which end up being rated battle grounds without ratings.

Deleted
    Bots I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramaloce View Post
    It's mainly because of how random, the random battlegrounds can be. If Random bg's gave a good amount of conquest people would just make premades to fight the 'random' people. However this would eventually lead to the pre-made vs pre-made for the "random" battle grounds. Which end up being rated battle grounds without ratings.
    I just do 2s at low ratings for points. Just leave whenever there's a hard counter to your setup or when fighting them would be aggravating (e.g. Mage). Doesn't take longer than 1-2 BGs and gives the full 1800 (?) points. Unless BGs gave ~900 Conquest Points it would still be faster.

The fact that BGs only give 50-100 is absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    I just do 2s at low ratings for points. Just leave whenever there's a hard counter to your setup or when fighting them would be aggravating (e.g. Mage). Doesn't take longer than 1-2 BGs and gives the full 1800 (?) points. Unless BGs gave ~900 Conquest Points it would still be faster.

If one considers the implications it would have if BGs were a good source for CP it might not seem as absurd. There would, in all likelyhood, be quite a lot more premades going around stomping random undergeared groups which is rather pointless when the geared premade could just have split up into teams and capped at lot MMR 2v2/3v3/5v5 or done RBGs instead. Battlegrounds are already an excellent way of farming up honor for starter PvP gear - it probably shouldn't also be great for conquest capping.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Something that never made sense to me was random BGs rewarded absolute horrendous amounts of conquest points upon a win. 100 for first/50 for subsequent wins.

Considering arena wins reward a flat 180 I believe, and last about a 10th of the time an actual BGs takes, what's the deal? Seems strange that a 2 minute investment rewards 180 CP and a 20 minute one rewards 100/50. They really should raise it to something like 300/150 at least.
    Because bliz wants you to invest time into their game. That means more money for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post

Bg's never gave Conquest points before. Its was only once a day for a win.

I'm grateful they even gave us an opportunity to get something out of queuing random BG's and winning them.

If you do the math, its only 4 wins a day with one day being five wins. I know solo queuing sucks because you might get an eight game losing streak, but if you make a premade of cool people, its actually fun and more worth it over 2s arena which can be frustrating with a random person you're just using for points.

10+ Year Old Account
    because bots. enough people bot bgs for honor, would only be worse if they could get conquest