Sage or Shadow - which one fits the Colsular storyline better

I've always been wondering about this myself. Although many people disagree with me I think the Consular story isn't that bad (although I've only just started a Jedi Knight) - it does start off pretty slow but IMO by Chapter 3 the Consular becomes in many ways a lot like Satale Shan, you know?

But the two Advanced classes are very different from each other in many ways, and here's my opinions.

Reasons a Sage makes more sense:

-You train as a padawan with a single-blade training blade, and then craft a single bladed lightsaber at the forge. It seems a little weird that you would make that single lightsaber only to ditch it for a double-bladed one so *quickly* after reaching level 10 - unless maybe he just modified it accordingly after choosing his path on Coruscant?
    -Qyzen & Nadia will sometimes specifically mention healing when low on health. It seems odd to me that Nadia would say "I can't heal this myself" if you're a Shadow and can't even use healing abilities besides Meditation (which you can't use in combat anyway).
    -(I think) Sages are technically stronger in the Force than Shadows, which fits your Consualr's exceptional power - Shadows seem to focus more on psychic mind-based Force abilities rather than telekinetics (which you use at several points).
    -Wookieepedia's descrption of a Jedi Consular is pretty much the same as a Sage in the game - Shadows are described as being more like specialized Jedi Knights.

Reasons a Shadow makes more sense:

-From what I know Sages don't really go on adventures the way you do in the game - rather they're more diplomats, healers & teachers. Which IS a big part of your storyline...but Shadows have much the same kind of philosophies, they're just more trained in combat and take on more active missions.
    -IMO 90% of the non-class-specific missions (which you will need to do to level up) fit a Shadow better as they often involve going into compounds, taking out a named threat, etc.
    -Also there ARE a number of points in the JC story that do feel a lot like things a Shadow would do (Coruscant, Nar Shadaa, and the spaceship missions most notably).
    -Nadia uses a double bladed lightsaber as well, though she isn't really a Shadow as she does lack the stealthing abilities that give Shadows their name. But since you are her master - maybe you could've trained her in the use of a DB saber, or maybe she wants to be just like you?

Deleted
    I would say Sage is more fitting. Im only in the first chapter im not even sure if im going to progress into chapter 2. You get this ritual that "sheilds" people but it looks like a revival or potion technique or something. Jedi Shadow are more of the attacking/aggresive side(they even got the tank role). So its not right a combat person having the ability to "sheild" someone. Im not sure how to explain it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say Sage makes the most sense from a Class Story perspective. It doesn't make sense that you are healing and shielding other Jedi as a Shadow, which is typically going to be more of a Infiltration and Recon role.

Deleted
    Maybe light side sage? The 'Protect A' - A dies by my hand, 'Protect B' - B dies by my hand, 'Good Jedi, now you really really need to protect C, it's urgent' sequence otherwise is quite silly.

I thought it worked perfectly for the Sage side, although I will admit that I thought it was boring and insanely predictable once you got about half way through it. The story always felt like it was made with Sage in mind, and Shadow just got stuck with the same one because of the class beginnings

15+ Year Old Account
    Would say it doesn´t matter - the specific sub class is still the same "person" as the one you start out with. Would rather question wether dark side made alot of sense with the story line. At least hard for me to see how you can turn saving all those people into something beneficial to the player alone, and in that case could have been improved by making it possible to kill off more for your own gain.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Would say it doesn´t matter - the specific sub class is still the same "person" as the one you start out with. Would rather question wether dark side made alot of sense with the story line. At least hard for me to see how you can turn saving all those people into something beneficial to the player alone, and in that case could have been improved by making it possible to kill off more for your own gain.
    Yea one of the people I leveled with did his Sage as Darkside and observed one day "you know, you'd think they'd realize at some point that all the people I am supposed to be protecting end up dead".