Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I can cap you for free and get you 1550 for free by the way, but what the others say is sadly the truth. It has always been like this, even in TBC. Generally, the PvP community can either be very friendly and close or pretty much segrated. If you want, I can help you enchant and gem the last pieces a bit with decent enchants for free. (I will pay for your scrolls)

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Lol 20k for 1750? That's a hell of a rip off.
    It's a very fair price for 2s nowadays, espescially since there are alot of methods that grant you around 5k an hour stable. If guilds can get 25k/hour doing HC Dragonsoul post nerfs then it should be no problem asking 5k/hour for arena's.

Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    Sorry to hear of your situation, breaking into pvp without friends is hard.
    Getting capped in 2s should not be a problem?! Well as you have found it can be, people in pvp are often very elitest. They look at your gear and from that think they know just how good you are. You find somone tuesday evening in trade asking for a partner just to cap, you /w them and then it can be: "are you good?" "what's your exp?" I mean come on, if the one asking the question in trade is so good and exp why is he asking for a random partner in trade. I often find these are pvE heroes wanting to cap and want to feel secure in having an over geared pvper to help them. Sometimes the random person will group with you then after first loss, leave. It's just crazy.

I am decent, i often do 1v2 and I prefer it. When i do need to cap and i get those questions I just say "don't worry about me, you want help getting capped or not?" Then when we get in to the arena they are checking out my gear, I care so little about thier gear that I do not even look at it. I just play.
    When you find somone you cap with successfully, friend them and arrange to cap next week. Watch trade at start and end of week for those who need help to cap. Even if you do not need to (already capped) you will get more exp' as a player and make more friends (hopefully).

Serious arena as in going for high 3s ratings is much more difficult to do since if you do not have previous achi's for it and top notch gear already people will not give you a chance. So best bet again is to make a team with friends with similar exp and expectations. Getting into RBGs even just the onces to cap is hard as you're a dps on the monk. Healers getting much faster. Professions are not going to get you into a team or not so do what you want just like your name will not stop you from getting into teams, so do not change it unless you want to.

I wish you luck.
    Also follow his advice.

Thanks for the advice. I took note of the name. I have since then changed it. I do try a lot of the things you guys suggest, to get better gear I need to get higher rating for more conquest per week to get more items per week I do actually have friends on my realm with me but they started the season earlier than me and have like 1500-1700 cr in RBGs but I could maybe convince them to play arena, but no one has a healer, and tbh I don't really want to heal as monk but, nonetheless I like dpsing as monk and want to just stick with it.

One post suggested how to play or to improve. I respond to posts like that by saying I do have some self target/arena target macros as well as fully key binding as well as my mouse having a lot of buttons for key binding aswell.

Also to anyone willing to help me PM me and I will reply with my battle tag.

I do appreciate the help and any more advice you can help me by posting here. Thanks
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Best tip I can give you is: make a toon on a different server. Stormscale is filled with elitist little kids and people who paid for their arena/rbg titles.
    Other servers don't require 2400 rating to get into a rbg group with an overall mmr of 1700.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmbhoy View Post
    I have no past experience of pvp (not played pvp long this season or previous seasons) and I can't get into RBG groups or find anyone to do arena other than 2v2 for cap. As my previous experience of RBGs or arena is almost non existent (I have done rbgs on my resto druid for a night and got 1350 rating quite easily tbh)

Any advice on these forums?

Thank you for any help you can give me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    He isn't asking how to play, he saying he has the problem of having no experience in RBG's, therefor no one will take him to RBG's, doesn't matter if hes at playing, people don't give two fucks if you can't link achievements.
    He has no pvp experience and asked for any help. I posted everything someone with no pvp experience needs to know. Once he starts doing all of that stuff, he'll get experience and get into RBG and arena groups.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Openraid.eu or .us is where I started getting my experience.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackmbhoy View Post

One post suggested how to play or to improve. I respond to posts like that by saying I do have some self target/arena target macros as well as fully key binding as well as my mouse having a lot of buttons for key binding aswell.

Once you have everything bound comfortably and you're so used to hitting all your abilities that you stop thinking about it, everything else comes pretty easy. It just takes practice. If you get confident enough in your own ability, go and duel some high rated players or just some dedicated PvP'ers and maybe ask about pvp guilds. You might be able to get an invite and/or an RBG spot.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    Please redo the red gems in your chest and legs... Get the 80 agility and 160 resil..
    Are you trolling or do you have no clue about PvP at all ?

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    yeah i dont get why people feel the need to include those in their name, i don't think its too much of a stretch to assume most wow players dont know how to make any of those alt characters = how do they invite you when someone says "invite my friend zibi" /invite zibi but look no funny character so you dont get an invite. and noone can armory you.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 02:07 AM ----------

needs to redo most of his gems, its all +320 resil... and a poop meta. you probably hit like a wet noodle.
    You should be gemming full resil right now. Learn the game before you tell him he's doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Lol 20k for 1750? That's a hell of a rip off.
    What? Gold is easy to farm through AH or whatever these days. Shisui - we should talk

Generally if people just spam me asking for 2s / 3s i'll ignore them and be less inclined to play with them, even if that character doesn't have a team at that point.

Here's some things i'd do:

- Join the best PvP guild on your server. Go on to the armoury and see which players on your realm above 2.2k are in which guild.
    - Join their RBG team, or atleast get on the invite list.
    - If people are looking for 2s to cap, do it! If someone is good in 2s it'll pretty much gaurantee i'd be more interested in playing 3s
    - Be outside Orgrimmar dueling people. If you beat someone who's good, people will think you're good.
    - Be fully gemmed and enchanted
    - Know your class
    - Don't be a dick
    - Be funny and casual if you get into a skype/vent/TS call with people who play Arena. Arena is a LOT about communication, and if someone is awkward or quiet, I wont play with them.

edit: that doesnt mean that if you ARE awkward or antisocial you wont get a team, but it helps. I played with someone who didn't have a mic up to 2.2k in 3s because he was a good player and we capped a lot of 2s together

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Generally if people just spam me asking for 2s / 3s i'll ignore them and be less inclined to play with them, even if that character doesn't have a team at that point.

Here's some things i'd do:

- Join the best PvP guild on your server. Go on to the armoury and see which players on your realm above 2.2k are in which guild.
    - Join their RBG team, or atleast get on the invite list.
    - If people are looking for 2s to cap, do it! If someone is good in 2s it'll pretty much gaurantee i'd be more interested in playing 3s
    - Be outside Orgrimmar dueling people. If you beat someone who's good, people will think you're good.
    - Be fully gemmed and enchanted
    - Know your class
    - Don't be a dick
    - Be funny and casual if you get into a skype/vent/TS call with people who play Arena. Arena is a LOT about communication, and if someone is awkward or quiet, I wont play with them.

edit: that doesnt mean that if you ARE awkward or antisocial you wont get a team, but it helps. I played with someone who didn't have a mic up to 2.2k in 3s because he was a good player and we capped a lot of 2s together
    No communique has no place in arenas, im as awkward and shy as they come but when it comes to arena i talk like a waterfall.
    Your partners need to be able to rely on your to provide them information that is easily available to you.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I give you two pieces of advice, in regards to RBGs. I am a ret pally, so I get the shafting due to your class (though I do have lots of rbg experience on other toons).

Anyway, (1) prove yourself. The guild I am in right now has numerous 2k+ players. I got an invite by doing some randoms and 2s with them and proving myself a very capable ret pally.

(2) Lead RBGs. I have a large list of realID friends in all tiers of RBG ranking (due to my numerous alts) that I've found leading RBGs. This is an aspect where the undesirable classes can easily get a shoe in.

I'd be happy to bring you into my low MMR groups when I run them however. I haven't seen many WW monks, but I've seen a couple that have been absolutely amazing and locking down my healers.

I would just hold on. Monks will soon be needed in EVERY RBG. The ring of peace is WAY to OP to not have, so be patient and when 5.2 drops, you will likely receive whispers to join. I would not open with "i have no arena or RBG experience" tho, that will usually always get u turned down straight away. Make sure you are geared, the more conquest the better, that means you PvP much more than the standard dreadful people. (get ur conquest weaps, makes a huge difference and a pretty good indicator of your involvement in PvP)

i had the same problem. but i joined a pvp guild with 1 2200+ requirment.
    and 1 no cr needed. and joined the no cr needed guild. and after 1 month they asked me to carrier the flags in the 2200+ group. but i need to wait till 5.2 because of gear..