Deleted

Glyphs for arcane

What glyphs are you using as Arcane? Currently, I use Arcane Power, Arcane explosion and Evocation.

Evocation to help healers, Explosion to make sure I hit something when I'm running and want to keep up my arcane charge debuff and arcane power for DPS increase.

The reason im making this post is beacuse I'm not sure if its a good idea to use arcane power glyph for all fights. Some fight's where you dont have enough time to stand still and nuke are obvious that having the glyph is a waste. But what glyph do I take instead? Also, which fights do you guys usually unglyph arcane power?

I don't like AP glyph unless it's a VERY specific 30 sec window where you need to do damage. In almost all cases you lose out on additional stacking with AP (trinkets, engineering gloves). I usually just keep Fire Blast glyph in for when I switch to Living Bomb on Wind Lord, but any glyph will do here.
    Mage in <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> on Area 52

yea pretty much what ataxus said but i do like using my glyph of mana gem just because its handy to use (and its good for long fights like sha of fear heroic)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    yea pretty much what ataxus said but i do like using my glyph of mana gem just because its handy to use (and its good for long fights like sha of fear heroic)
    I wish there were more of a use for Mana Gem glyph. Even on Sha of Fear heroic, you have downtime to remake gem (Death Blossom, non-engagement of platform, or p2 Submerge). Hopefully in 5.2
    Mage in <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> on Area 52

10+ Year Old Account
    Evocation, Mana Gem and Power when needed. My third glyph slot is usually empty as most of the time there's nothing useful to use.

Arcane Explosion is a useful glyph on fights with heavy movement as you can use it to refresh AB stacks while running.
    Mana Gem because they're nice to have around but I keep forgetting to refresh them between fights.
    Evocate because a bit of incidental healing's never going to hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ataxus View Post
    I wish there were more of a use for Mana Gem glyph. Even on Sha of Fear heroic, you have downtime to remake gem (Death Blossom, non-engagement of platform, or p2 Submerge). Hopefully in 5.2
    hmmm i try to minimise the downtime of my dps so i take greater inv and take the death blossom (along with healthstone)and during submerge usually phew phewing the adds

edit: i keep my glyph of mana gem is because its freaking stupid how they ahve separate "gem" for glyphed and non glyphed lol

oh this goes with our mage food (self made and table are different food dafaq lol)
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-01-13 at 01:45 AM.

Deleted
    Evocation, Mana Gem, and either Blink, Invisibility or Slow, depending on what I'm doing.
    The other 3 are Monkey, Arcane Language and Rapid Teleports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mana Gem, Evocation, Slow, and Loose Mana, Crittermorph, and Momentum.

Mage glyphs are pretty much awful, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Which fights are folks using the AP glyph on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Preamo View Post
    Which fights are folks using the AP glyph on?
    Only time I've used Glyph of Arcane Power is on the Brawler's Guild Rank 8 NPC Manastorm Millhouse. 100 stacks, pop all CD's. And he melts. But I personally haven't used it in a raid setting. 3 minutes is a long time to wait, and its easier to stay above the 85% mana threshold without the glyph. I feel like its DPS loss to use the glyph.

Mirror Image glyph is a DPS boost for MI as the casts of your Mirrors get bonus from charges.
    Last edited by AdamStriker; 2013-01-15 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ataxus View Post
    You can just make one, swap glyphs away from mana gem, and make a regular gem too. So if Thunder King is a 27 minute fight, you're all set. Why ever use the glyph during the actual fight?

Mana Gem (coupled with Loose Mana minor), Evocate, and Slow, because, why not Slow? *Shrug*

Don't really see any better ones. I dislike AP because it's a double-edged sword sometimes.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    You can just make one, swap glyphs away from mana gem, and make a regular gem too. So if Thunder King is a 27 minute fight, you're all set. Why ever use the glyph during the actual fight?
    27 minutes?

I'm sorry. What?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mana gem (cause like why not)

Evo (for the healers)

and either Slow, and AE.

I never use the AP cause i agree with dragon its a dbl edged sword and usually hinders instead of helps

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    uhhh you mean 12min+ fights??? i dont think we are going to use all 10 mana gets anyways

because unglyphed has 3 charges glyphed has 10??

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    uhhh you mean 12min+ fights??? i dont think we are going to use all 10 mana gets anyways

because unglyphed has 3 charges glyphed has 10??
    *6m+*. 3 Mana Gems x 2m cooldowns = 6m before needing to make another one, wasting a buttload of mana.

The glyph allows us to go 20m (10 Mana Gems x 2m cooldowns = 20m), up from 6m w/o needing to conjure another gem. If it was just the 2.5s cast time, the glyph would be near useless. The fact that it costs 18% mana (54,000 mana) to make a gem is what makes the glyph worth it.

Also, anyone not using Loose Mana (Minor glyph) as Arcane is silly.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Mana Gem, Evocation, Slow, and Loose Mana, Crittermorph, and Momentum.

Mage glyphs are pretty much awful, honestly.
    ^

Pretty much all 3 speccs get shafted pretty bad choice-wise, Frost even moreso in 5.2 (as glyph of Water Elemental will be much less useful for PvE). Arcane will still remain as the worst in terms of Glyphs.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I had been using AP glyph, thinking the *almost* full overlap glyphed AP gets with BL/TW would put it ahead... ill have to try unglyphed and see how it goes. A little bit more micro managing i suppose, getting each unglyphed AP to overlap with at least 1 trinket proc