Things to do in the game

Hello! i've recently started playing this game again and while i enjoy playing for maybe an hour or two a few days a week im looking for something new to do if anyone can suggest something? I'll be honest and say i'm not very good, i die A LOT but i am level 50 now. I enjoy looking for new places and I like the jumping puzzles too, which a few i've done even though they're very frustrating .-. I don't really have anyone to play with anymore because of reasons so i'm not quite sure what there is for me to do.. Well if someone could suggest something for me, or say what you enjoy doing and i might get some ideas thanks.

Wish I could help, but honestly, I'm a machine that goes from heart to heart, event to event and gathering and getting map completion along the way. Considering GW2 is an mmo, I definitely think the best course of action is to find someone you can play with and find a way to create fun. What I would be doing if I could actually get any of my friends to play lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    Wish I could help, but honestly, I'm a machine that goes from heart to heart, event to event and gathering and getting map completion along the way. Considering GW2 is an mmo, I definitely think the best course of action is to find someone you can play with and find a way to create fun. What I would be doing if I could actually get any of my friends to play lol.
    Well thanks for the replying anyway! I do enjoy all of that too but I think i'm missing a lot of the "secret" things, if that makes sense.. I only do the gathering, hearts, jumping puzzles and events but i must be missing more. I used to play with my partner but not anymore, so i'm sort of playing on my own and considering i don't play any other games I have no one to play with

10+ Year Old Account
    Join a guild, don't be a stranger. Get people to play with you, most anything is more enjoyable with a partner.

Quote Originally Posted by x_Fiona_X View Post
    Well thanks for the replying anyway! I do enjoy all of that too but I think i'm missing a lot of the "secret" things, if that makes sense.. I only do the gathering, hearts, jumping puzzles and events but i must be missing more. I used to play with my partner but not anymore, so i'm sort of playing on my own and considering i don't play any other games I have no one to play with
    As said below, join a guild, or try to get a friend to join and play with. Gathering, hearts, jumping puzzles make up a good portion of what you can do along with general map completion and dungeons. There is also of course PVP/WvW as well.

If you look for some AC runs and other dungeons like that you will get to play with 4 other people and perhaps make new friends.

I'd say your best remedy would be (as already mentioned) finding a guild to hang out with.

If you've hit 80 play some WvW. You can also play if you haven't hit 80 but it's better to be 80. Run with zergs or small groups. You'll meet plenty of good people and make some in game connections.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully this might give you a few ideas.

Source: http://guildwars2hub.com/features/ed...gs-do-level-80
    80 Things to Do At Level 80

Complete your personal story
    Defeat Zhaitan
    Unlock all available skills for your profession / race
    Raise your crafting disciplines to skill level 400
    Earn enough gold to purchase a racial armor set
    Earn enough karma to purchase an exotic armor set
    Play through all dungeons in story mode
    Complete all dungeons in explorable mode
    Complete all 33 possible explorable mode dungeon paths
    Earn enough dungeon tokens to purchase a set of armor
    Collect a set of armor from each dungeon in the game
    Start a petition to make the Undead Orrian Chicken a new necro minion
    Earn enough karma to purchase a racial weapon
    Craft an exotic weapon for your character
    Craft an exotic armor set for your character
    Purchase a Dragon’s Deep weapon
    Earn all possible PvE titles
    Experiment with new builds for your profession
    Discover all possible recipes for your crafting disciplines
    Master all crafting disciplines
    Experiment with the Mystic Forge
    Create a Mystic weapon in the Mystic Forge
    Craft a legendary weapon in the Mystic Forge
    Explore all areas in the game
    Find and use a vial of black dye
    Find a vial of black dye and give it to a friend
    Create or purchase a full set of 20 slot bags
    Give Logan a wedgie
    Participate in the Norn Keg Brawl
    Unlock all Keg Brawl achievements
    Create a new character to experience a different profession / race
    Participate in structured PvP
    Raise your sPvP rank
    Achieve the rank of Ascendant in sPvP
    Complete your favorite sPvP cosmetic armor set
    Collect new cosmetic weapon skins for sPvP
    Unlock all possible cosmetic weapon and armor skins in sPvP
    Earn all sPvP titles
    Find and complete all 31 jumping puzzles
    Complete the current Monthly achievements
    Help your guild earn influence to unlock additional perks
    Outrun a centaur
    Charm all possible pets as a Ranger
    Create an all-ranger guild called Team Rocket, lose constantly in sPvP
    Collect all 101 types of cooking materials
    Fill every collection slot in the bank with at least one item
    Participate in World versus World
    Help your world win in WvW
    Defeat enough enemy players in WvW to complete the medal
    Complete the awesome Yakslapper achievement in WvW
    Complete all WvW achievements
    Build and use all siege weapon types in WvW
    Earn all possible WvW Titles
    Play the organ in Caledon forest, and party with the Quaggan
    Earn enough gold to purchase a Commander Tome
    Visit the monument to Killeen and pay your respects
    Defeat the Shatterer
    Defeat the Claw of Jormag
    Defeat Tequatl the Sunless
    Add new friends to your friend’s list
    Organize an in-game event for your guild
    Complete every map in the game
    Participate in meta events
    Discover and participate in new dynamic events
    Collect stacks of butter and butter prank your friends
    Learn the ins and outs of the Trading Post
    Get rich selling Globs of Ectoplasm
    Buy a Box o’ Fun and throw a party in Lion’s Arch
    Complete an armor set for your character’s Order
    Read all of the books in Divinity's Reach
    Read the story of how Ebonhawke was founded
    Complete all possible weapon achievements for your character
    Defeat the Champion of Grenth and purchase the exotic armor set
    Write about your level 80 experience, have it published on GW2Hub
    Purchase a set of armor from the guild armorsmith
    Purchase a set of weapons from the guild weaponsmith
    Complete all Slayer achievements
    Complete the Lifetime Survivor achievement
    Go skydiving in Arah after defeating Zhaitan
    Have fun!
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

Deleted
    Some secrets that I remember right now:
    - In sylvari starting area, Caledon Forest, just northwest of Falias Thorp waypoint, there is a small village of Hyleck enemys (Dengatl Grounds). Clear the village and look for a boulder at the back of it. Pick the boulder up and throw it at the gong beside the big closed gate. You will gain access to hidden mind puzzle.
    - Also on Caledon Forest there is area called Ruins of the Unseen inhabited by skritt, you can find cave from there. Inside the cave there is an orb and sealed "door". To enter the sealed room, grab one of flashing orbs and throw it at the door. There is chest and achi if you manage to kill golems (golems activate if you break Sacred Shiny found from sealed room).
    - There is playable organ in Ebonhawke and one in Caledon Forest(underwater). If you play right tune you get reward.
    - At the bottom of the Grove, there's an area at the northern side called the garden of dawn. One of the pools there is deep and you can swim under the wall into an amazing garden. Just a nice area, no reward.
    - In Diessa Plateau after you complete on of the meta events (aka prevent the Flame Legion from retaking Incendio Templum) hang around for a while and flame legion portal will open. You will get access to puzzle area called Flame Temple Tombs. You may need help of friend there.
    - In Dredgehaunt Cliffs there is puzzle inside mnidungeon. To begin go to Wyrmblood Waypoint and travel west across a bridge to inspect the Sealed Dwarven Door, which directs you to Travelen's Waypoint to the northeast. There, speak to Gerrvid who tells you to read the 3 books in front of him. After you do, speak with Gerrvid again to tell him you solved the riddle. This triggers an event to lead Gervvid back to the door, which he will then open so you can enter the dungeon. (can be tricky to do alone, but if you avoid being killed by traps in darkness it could be done)

- WvW puzzles are fun, one per borderlands map (aka 3) and one at the Eternal Battlegrounds.

Edit: Instances can also be fun. My video of failures, still it was fun (ye I am selfish ele who doesn't go in front of mob to res anyone)
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2013-01-15 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Some secrets that I remember right now:
    - In sylvari starting area, Caledon Forest, just northwest of Falias Thorp waypoint, there is a small village of Hyleck enemys (Dengatl Grounds). Clear the village and look for a boulder at the back of it. Pick the boulder up and throw it at the gong beside the big closed gate. You will gain access to hidden mind puzzle.
    - Also on Caledon Forest there is area called Ruins of the Unseen inhabited by skritt, you can find cave from there. Inside the cave there is an orb and sealed "door". To enter the sealed room, grab one of flashing orbs and throw it at the door. There is chest and achi if you manage to kill golems (golems activate if you break Sacred Shiny found from sealed room).
    - There is playable organ in Ebonhawke and one in Caledon Forest(underwater). If you play right tune you get reward.
    - At the bottom of the Grove, there's an area at the northern side called the garden of dawn. One of the pools there is deep and you can swim under the wall into an amazing garden. Just a nice area, no reward.
    - In Diessa Plateau after you complete on of the meta events (aka prevent the Flame Legion from retaking Incendio Templum) hang around for a while and flame legion portal will open. You will get access to puzzle area called Flame Temple Tombs. You may need help of friend there.
    - In Dredgehaunt Cliffs there is puzzle inside mnidungeon. To begin go to Wyrmblood Waypoint and travel west across a bridge to inspect the Sealed Dwarven Door, which directs you to Travelen's Waypoint to the northeast. There, speak to Gerrvid who tells you to read the 3 books in front of him. After you do, speak with Gerrvid again to tell him you solved the riddle. This triggers an event to lead Gervvid back to the door, which he will then open so you can enter the dungeon. (can be tricky to do alone, but if you avoid being killed by traps in darkness it could be done)
    I only knew about the dwarven ruins puzzle before you posted this list. This makes me all the more impressed by ArenaNet.