Deleted

Can you guys help improve a Resto shaman friend?

Hey!

A friend of mine wants to increase her healing output. She's basicly just a social player that wants to help raiding now and then. To do that, she has to pull of better numbers. I promised to take a look at her spec, but I don't know anything about resto shammy's... Can you guys take a look?
    She is a very poor player with little time to actually play, so 'just getting' the darkmoon card isn't possible atm and grinding for rep for a reputation trinket costs too much time for her.

This is her armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aphin/advanced
    This is the last log I can find, that I can find, that she was in (don't look at the guilds stats too much btw, this was during the christmas holidays, so partly raiders from our progression group, social group and alts).

At this time she missed some enchants (weapon, gloves, bracers). This morning I made her a Masterwork Forgewire Axe, seeing it has slightly more Spirit, it's probably an upgrade (she hasn't equipped it yet). She hasnt had the luck of acquiring a LFR weapon/bracers and trinket.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fd0gefz8ecgtcop9/

- Some things I already noticed: no professions
    - Thousand-year pickled egg (Empty Fruit Barrel hasn't dropped yet)
    - Weapon and bracerenchants aren't optimal, due to price of mats

Quote Originally Posted by Beauterham View Post
    Hey!

A friend of mine wants to increase her healing output. She's basicly just a social player that wants to help raiding now and then. To do that, she has to pull of better numbers. I promised to take a look at her spec, but I don't know anything about resto shammy's... Can you guys take a look?
    She is a very poor player with little time to actually play, so 'just getting' the darkmoon card isn't possible atm and grinding for rep for a reputation trinket costs too much time for her.

This is her armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aphin/advanced
    This is the last log I can find, that I can find, that she was in (don't look at the guilds stats too much btw, this was during the christmas holidays, so partly raiders from our progression group, social group and alts).

At this time she missed some enchants (weapon, gloves, bracers). This morning I made her a Masterwork Forgewire Axe, seeing it has slightly more Spirit, it's probably an upgrade (she hasn't equipped it yet). She hasnt had the luck of acquiring a LFR weapon/bracers and trinket.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fd0gefz8ecgtcop9/

- Some things I already noticed: no professions
    - Thousand-year pickled egg (Empty Fruit Barrel hasn't dropped yet)
    - Weapon and bracerenchants aren't optimal, due to price of mats
    make sure she knows her stat priorities and spell selection. spell selection will vary depending on the fight. she also seems to be popping both her major cds together. have try to time them with high damage phases and not together.

Alright some things i noticed are on some fights her earth shield uptime seems pretty low. It shud always be 90% +. Healing stream totem seems to be doing very low healing, shud be used on cdown and come within your top 3 healing spells usually depending on the fight. Riptide again doesnt seem to be as good as it should be. I use it usually on cdown on up to 3 people at once. She also has the glyph of riptide so it should be used alot more, cant say for sure since i dont use the glyph but when i tried it before i could basically use it on any1 taking damage and if mana is an issue maybe try a rotation of 1 riptide, 2 healing waves or something similar. Also she seems to use her cdowns when she absolutely needs them. Most fights you can tell when theres going to be a small damage spike and get alot more cdown usage, for example on elegon i can use each of my cdowns 3 times each, 1 on each p1 each time the add explodes and then again in p3.
    Another thing i noticed was mass overusage of chain heal. Its a very weak heal most of the time but she uses it as her main healing spell. The only time i find room to use it usually is during a stacked up aoe damage phase like on the last phase on feng normal and idk if she does or not, but try and cast it on a player with riptide on since it doesnt make the player lose riptide anymore. Also try and use unleash life before healing rain because it gives a 30% boost which is alot.
    And finally, she has specced into the unleashed fury talent but very rarely uses unleash life so its kindof pointless to have. It would probably be more beneficiail to go with primal elementalist which first gives you 10% more healing when you have the elemental channel its spell - reinforce / empower and more dps which can help out the raid a bit.

I would suggest you direct her to Vixsin's blog Life in Group 5: lifeingroup5.com

It has pretty much everything she needs to improve. Vixsin also offers a gear guide and lists several options to helping improve your gear.