Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    To you guys verbally assaulting the OP, you are the ones coming off as d-bags here.

It is completely understandable why he would be wound up about this.
    no he did stuff that a bot would do so just to be safe blizzard locked his account.

if he had been hacked and the bot had changed his password he would be on here screaming "HOW COULD BLIZZARD LET DIS HAPPENS DOENT DAY HAS SOME KIND OF SYSTEM DAT GOES OFF WHEN PEOPLES ACTS WEIRDS ER MAH GERD HOW DARE DAY NOT KNOW IS NAS MEAH"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The inconvenience comes with the ban for no reason, there was nothing to suggest a compromise. I log off the previous night, log on at 10AM same as I do, every week, for months. Form a raid group, enter Heart of Fear. Clear two bosses. Get banned.
    But there was, you even stated what it was yourself. You weren't entirely playing by the rules, you're lucky they overturned it. Altering a policy which saves countless numbers of legitimately compromised accounts because people like you, flirting with borderline violations to ToS and acting highly suspicious, wish to do so with impunity is stupid. I've played this game for 6 going on 7 years, have bought very expensive items like TCG for large sums of gold, transferred large sums of gold between my accounts/toons, listed upwards of 500 listings in the AH on bank toon, farmed for something endlessly til I got it, and loan gold to friends on a regular basis. I have never, in all that time, ever received so much as a suspicion about being involved with exploiting the economy. Clearly you were doing something wrong.

I'm going to date myself a little bit here, but I remember when Runescape 1st came out. It was so much funner. As time went on and they made counter measures to botters it interfered with the Fun of the game.

I'm not sure if you are telling the truth or not, but it sounds like you are not currently permbanned (due to they ban all hacked accounts).
    "Warriors make you sap, Paladins let you sap."

10+ Year Old Account
    OP comes off as someone intelligent enough to recognize bot-like behavior. If you'll take the time to read blizzard's response, they even owned up to the account being 'incorrectly actioned'

The same thing has happened to me, multiple times, one resulting in a 72-hour ban that was overturned almost immediately after I petitioned it. I had transferred a single toon to a different server (with the same credit card info I've always used, and no I never save my payment options) and vendored tons of garbage/xmog stuff and posted around 10 Vial of the Sands auctions for barely above vendor price as a means of refilling my coffers after the move.

I almost missed the first raid of a trial with a new guild because of it. No guild wants a trial raider who misses raid because they've been banned for 'exploiting'. Yeah, I wasn't happy, and berating the OP for being upset that he was 'inconvenienced' is a poor show of character, considering he's paid for the same game-time that we pay for. You can't tell me you wouldn't be more than just passive after receiving multiple unwarranted bans that Blizzard themselves acknowledge as being mistaken.

Poor Blizz. Do their best to counter things in the game and people still whine. There is a great saying I heard somewhere: "Don't do anything wrong, and you are unlikely to get in trouble for wrongdoing." I just don't see how people do things they might know is close to, or just breaking the rules, then whine when they get in trouble.

People complain about bots, you do things that bots do, you get banned. Easy as that. Stop doing those things, stop being banned. I SOMEHOW haven't been banned in my 7-8 WoW career.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    You broke the rules, got caught and got banned.

They restored your account, but didn't have to. Move on.
    oh, im sorry. i never saw the rules that state you cant play more than 5 hours a day and farm your own mats.

you have no clue what you are talking about so just go away

There is an automatic system that scans through gold and materials sent over your own fucking mailbox. If you send as low as 400 herbs/ores you self gathered you may be banned because the system think you are botting. This have gone off multiple times because its broken and do not work at all. So shut it with the bs about breaking rules

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    oh, im sorry. i never saw the rules that state you cant play more than 5 hours a day and farm your own mats.

There is an automatic system that scans through gold and materials sent over your own fucking mailbox. If you send as low as 400 herbs/ores you self gathered you may be banned because the system think you are botting. This have gone off multiple times because its broken and do not work at all. So shut it with the bs about breaking rules
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't trading Gold for any type money or out of game items technically against the rules? So trading WoW Gold for D3 Gold = against the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't trading Gold for any type money or out of game items technically against the rules? So trading WoW Gold for D3 Gold = against the rules?
    Nope you are right. Which is also why you usually don't get your gold back if you happen to buy a bit of playtime from a botter/goldseller for instance.

10+ Year Old Account

This is pretty much the gist of one of the first conversations I had with a GM in-game after my first ban. On my original server, a few guildies and I had a primitive profession leveling business. We didn't raid during this time, and devoted a lot of time to farming materials. Injection-based bots were all the rage back then, as we were well aware, so when two of us were banned for 'exploiting' we were pretty shocked. None of our mats ended up on the auction house, we just had a literal fuckton of materials bouncing between us. I petitioned the ban, and the GM I spoke to in-game after the ban was repealed said that bot detection isn't the only thing that flags accounts, and that we were unfortunate victims of circumstance.

10+ Year Old Account
    They ban first so that you can't transfer the gold to another player/account.
    And yes, you were breaking the TOS by trading for something out of game.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    You mentioned you're in Australia. Do you perhaps use a tunneling service/VPN, such as smoothping/lowerping/wowtunnels etc? I've had my account "permanently" banned about 6 times and then reversed, always whenever I bought bulk TCG mounts or doing something with "high" amount of gold. I finally got referred to the account supervisor and got my account attached with a flag that requires a human to review the auto-ban threshold before issuing a ban. When asked why all this was happening, it was said because my account address was in Australia, but my IP was coming from the states (Tunneler) that this raises auto ban flags.

So if you're running a tunneler, you're gonna keep getting these until a flag has been placed on your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I've played this game for 6 going on 7 years, have bought very expensive items like TCG for large sums of gold, transferred large sums of gold between my accounts/toons, listed upwards of 500 listings in the AH on bank toon, farmed for something endlessly til I got it, and loan gold to friends on a regular basis. I have never, in all that time, ever received so much as a suspicion about being involved with exploiting the economy. Clearly you were doing something wrong.
    I can say this exact same thing however if he was "Clearly doing something wrong" his account would not have had the ban reversed. F up on Blizzards end (and they even owned up to that) and it's really shady that they interrupt peoples game time (especially during a raid where 9-24 other people are waiting on you) on the strength of "we thought you were doing something wrong". Stories like this are why I quit the game and sold my accounts awhile ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are smart trade the orbs that goblin sells too other player. They cost 20k each (before discouts). And you wont get banned for it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiddenpepper View Post
    I can say this exact same thing however if he was "Clearly doing something wrong" his account would not have had the ban reversed. F up on Blizzards end (and they even owned up to that) and it's really shady that they interrupt peoples game time (especially during a raid where 9-24 other people are waiting on you) on the strength of "we thought you were doing something wrong". Stories like this are why I quit the game and sold my accounts awhile ago.
    No, he even admitted his wrong doing. Trading WoW gold for anything outside of WoW is against ToS. In this case it was D3 Gold. They may have reversed the ban because they thought the short time away from game was enough for what he did. Reversing the ban doesn't redeem him at all.

I think Blizzard tries to limit any (potential) damage to the economy, that's why they ban that fast and ask questions/discuss later. They probably know/hope that legit players will actually appeal the ban, while the "hackers" won't, those guys just move to another stolen account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Sorry but this is simply not true.

For over 1 year I was buying 10k of ores per day from a suspected botter, on a level 1 alt and sending to my main account, almost daily. (same battlenet address)

I appreciate you are passionate in your beliefs, but to proclaim others 'have no clue what they are talking about' is just a bit silly.

If you recieved an infraction there is far more to it than simply moving mats/gold in beteween characters.

Either the people you sent stuff to are unsavoury, or you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    1st, your activity's do look like a bot who clears accounts,
    2nd, trading wow gold for D3 gold is TECHNICALLY against the terms of service, TECHNICALLY you can get banned for it, however they have to real way to tell if it wasn't just a gift.
    It isn't against the ToS but it is considered a non-supported form of trade and they will not refund your gold if you get scammed because you took the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by NovxSH View Post
    It isn't against the ToS but it is considered a non-supported form of trade and they will not refund your gold if you get scammed because you took the risk.
    Ownership/Selling of the Account or Virtual Items.

Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of World of Warcraft Accounts or BNET Accounts (each an “Account”). You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void. Blizzard owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the Game, or any other attributes associated with any Account. Blizzard does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the “real world” of anything that appears or originates in the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game.
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

This sounds like this covers trading Wow Gold for D3 Gold. (regardless of them both being owned by Blizzard)

Deleted
    Ban first, ask questions later, and then unban if it wasn't comprimised.

It's a common practice for accounts holding values.
    - Your bank does it. Your credit card company does it. Blizzard does it.

Blizzard's actions are correct. While it sucks for you personally, it also means these methods prevent a lot of 'unfair play' from going on. You got your account back, and while the 1 day ban was inconvenient, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter too much.

Honestly, I prefer this than Blizzard never banning anyone for fear of accidentally getting someone innocent.