Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If blizzard monitors "suspicious" activity then I wonder why they never ban this guy in my guild that runs a fishing bot 24/7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by way2go View Post
    If blizzard monitors "suspicious" activity then I wonder why they never ban this guy in my guild that runs a fishing bot 24/7
    3rd party programs like that are harder to track than mass amounts of gold being traded for nothing. Same goes for for suspicious looking activity when it comes to mats, etc.

Anyone can stand around in the same spot and fish all day, as to with other bot programs for nodes that require flight paths, and moving in a giant circle 25 hours a day.

Deleted
    Again, only half the story seems to be told here.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    So yesterday was the second time in a year that my account has been permabanned for "Abuse of the economy".

I finally got it unbanned after I was banned mid-raid no warning, as the main tank, took 24 hours to unban me.

This was when they unbanned me.

And this is the response to when I asked why it was banned.

Act first, and fuck over innocent players, then let them dispute it, seems like a reasonable method. Not even a GM contacting you and saying, hey you're gonna be b& LOL.

And finally, what I originally thought the ban was, was me and a friend trading 20k for 80M (I paid the 20k) WoW gold to D3 gold. I've traded larger amounts playing GCG, so I didn't even understand how that flagged me.

Here's a nice rage post by me that I sent to Crithto and Bashiok, who throughout all this, both replied to me on Twitter, and kept up an active response to me, so I'd like to say thanks to them if they read this at least, Crithto's first reply was in less than an hour, perhaps I caught him at the right time, or he just actually gives good customer service. (Bashiok was about 8-9 hours later, maybe he'd gone to sleep as I'm in Australia.)

textdump.net/read/1260/

Make of the whole debacle, what you will.

PS: The last permaban, was because my account was "compromised", because I was DEing a shittonne of epics I had saved up for when I'd maxed enchanting, as well as vendoring a ridiculous amount of shit from my banks on a few toons, doing some cleaning, they promptly sent me back all my greys that I'd vendored, banned my account, which remained for about 24 hours, sent me back my archaeology fragments and deleted what I'd solved, which included the rare Amber crystal thing that makes you a tiny amber crystal, one that I haven't gotten again to this day.

Just ridiculous the hoops you have to jump through.
    So Blizzard is greedy and lazy when they don't ban bots and they are greedy and lazy when they do ban bots. What the fuck do you people want?

The clueless wow-fanboism is strong in this thread. Bunch of fucktards.

Mod Edit: Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-01-13 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salamala View Post
    I'd love to hear what you are then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by salamala View Post
    WARNING: We got ourself some bad-ass internet thug over here!

Deleted
    Propably automated system that catched you disenchanting large amount of stuff & vendoring whole guildbank.
    Those permabans are pre-emptive measure, these are GOOD THINGS. Because there are hackers and goldselling companies that do this shit on regular basis to innocent players. You wake up and login to see your character stripped of items, banks vendored and gold removed.
    It was false alarm but next time it might be real one. If you ticketed blizzard and explained your situation that this DE/vendor was done intentionally by you, fine you should get your stuff and account back.

Any MMO uses account closure as a pre-emptive tool to lock compromised accounts, to help recovery and minimize damage. If someone steals your pay-pass card, what do you do? That's right - you call a bank and order to lock it immediately so you don't lose money. This is normal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    You mentioned you're in Australia. Do you perhaps use a tunneling service/VPN, such as smoothping/lowerping/wowtunnels etc? I've had my account "permanently" banned about 6 times and then reversed, always whenever I bought bulk TCG mounts or doing something with "high" amount of gold. I finally got referred to the account supervisor and got my account attached with a flag that requires a human to review the auto-ban threshold before issuing a ban. When asked why all this was happening, it was said because my account address was in Australia, but my IP was coming from the states (Tunneler) that this raises auto ban flags.

So if you're running a tunneler, you're gonna keep getting these until a flag has been placed on your account.
    How do I do this. Because ya, I use PingZapper and maybe that causes some kind of flagging, but I've used PingZapper/WoWTunnels since like Mid-BC

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, he even admitted his wrong doing. Trading WoW gold for anything outside of WoW is against ToS. In this case it was D3 Gold. They may have reversed the ban because they thought the short time away from game was enough for what he did. Reversing the ban doesn't redeem him at all.
    The irony is, as far as I'm aware, no one has been banned for this, no one has been banned for buying game time, Store mounts/pets, D3 Gold, or anything Blizz/WoW related with ingame gold, it's this area that's called grey, long story short, shit goes wrong, you get scammed, your loss, Blizz don't help you.
    The ban, was nothing related to the D3 gold at all, that's the irony of the situation.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NovxSH View Post
    It isn't against the ToS but it is considered a non-supported form of trade and they will not refund your gold if you get scammed because you took the risk.
    What this guy said.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Propably automated system that catched you disenchanting large amount of stuff & vendoring whole guildbank.
    Those permabans are pre-emptive measure, these are GOOD THINGS. Because there are hackers and goldselling companies that do this shit on regular basis to innocent players. You wake up and login to see your character stripped of items, banks vendored and gold removed.
    It was false alarm but next time it might be real one. If you ticketed blizzard and explained your situation that this DE/vendor was done intentionally by you, fine you should get your stuff and account back.

Any MMO uses account closure as a pre-emptive tool to lock compromised accounts, to help recovery and minimize damage. If someone steals your pay-pass card, what do you do? That's right - you call a bank and order to lock it immediately so you don't lose money. This is normal thing.
    I think everyone missed the point where the most recent one that occurred, had as far as I'm aware, nothing suspicious, or even remotely suspicious occur on my account, most gold I traded was 20k approximately 3 weeks earlier, didn't trade mats or anything.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Again, only half the story seems to be told here.
    Really? Which part of the story did you find to only be half? I've explained pretty much everything, but k.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.