Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeemus View Post
    Everyone posting in this thread saying "interesting theory" and "this makes sense" and "great sci-fi plot" should not consider reproduction an option.
    What does 5 billion years in the future has to do with anything human now?

And the sun only does that before it's about to die.

There is actually some truth in this: A very, very long time ago all the planets were slightly closer to the sun than they are now and have drifted further away over billions of years. Mars was inside the "habitable zone" and Earth was outside of it, closer to the sun.

During that time Earth had conditions somewhat similar to Venus (but not quite as bad) while Mars' conditions were much more similar to present-day Earth.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-01-13 at 06:18 PM.

Well if the planets are constantly, slowly moving outward - away from the sun - I would say this theory just got more real. But it doesn't take a genius to determine that if venus is where earth is currently it would become more like earth :s

10+ Year Old Account
    I got so confused at then end.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    ~snip~
    I stopped taking the post seriously when I read "pyramids like in Egypt and Mexico".

Then I read at the end that you're talking about time-travellers teaching egyptians and I realized you haven't got the slightest clue. No offense man, but keep this conspiracy stuff off the forums.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-13 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    What does 5 billion years in the future has to do with anything human now?

And the sun only does that before it's about to die.
    Not entirely true. The sun's luminosity only has to increase a matter of 10% before Earth is no longer in the habitable zone. This will happen in about a billion years.

So life on earth, which emerged 3.8 billion years ago, exploded 530 million years ago, ends in about a billion years when our oceans evaporate and for the first time since the few-million year period during, formation of the solar system, Earth is a waterless world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I stopped taking the post seriously when I read "pyramids like in Egypt and Mexico".

Then I read at the end that you're talking about time-travellers teaching egyptians and I realized you haven't got the slightest clue. No offense man, but keep this conspiracy stuff off the forums.
    You obviously didn't read everything or you would have saw that i said it was nonsense. Its still interesting and cool in story book kind of way. You people need to loosen up a bit and have some fun.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age1315121/pg1

The planets in our solar system are all one planet evolving in time! Sounds crazy but is very likely true, and the facts support this! Lets separate the inner planets from the gas planets because it is clearer to see the progression.

The inner planets are all the same composition, iron, rock, etc. From Mercury (the youngest) to mars (the oldest) the planet starts off small and gets bigger except mars is suddenly smaller(which can be explained). [link to www.msnbc.msn.com] Venus is described as what Earth looked like when it was first being formed, No moon, oceans of plasma, mostly carbon, has no magnetic field, has volcanoes like the ones in Hawaii and on Mars. Venus is exactly what earth used to look like.

Mars used to have water, magnetic field, tectonic activity, carbonate rocks, possibly life, and pyramids in the same formation as Egypt and Mexico, JUST LIKE EARTH! Mars also shows signs of a major impact which could explain why it is smaller than Earth.

I believe that an impact to Earth will at the same time transform Venus into a life sustaining planet, and transform Earth into an uninhabitable planet Mars.

In 2012 there will be a transit of Venus. Venus will be between the Sun and earth in it's orbit. When an asteroid impacts Earth, and Earth loses some of its mass as debris into space, Venus will attract a lot of that debris and that debris will cluster together creating Venus first moon(Earth). The remainder of the debris will stay in earths gravitational pull and cluster together creating a second moon(mars) Venus has no moon earth has one and mars has two moons. Which if you take the mass of Mar's second moon and add it to the mass of mars you would have a bigger than earth size mass. This May explain why mars is so much smaller than earth.

Now let's look at the gas planets.
    Jupiter is mostly hydrogen if that planet were to explode what would the planet look like?

Saturn which is smaller than Jupiter has rings of debris and gases orbiting around the planet. A major planetary explosion could explain where the rings came from. The rings are either dissolving into space or into the planet, either way if we take a snapshot of Saturn a billion years in the future it will have fewer rings.

Uranus has fewer rings then Saturn, and Neptune has even fewer rings then Uranus.

Both sets of planets show very clear progressions of ABCD or 1234. The same planet in different stages of time.

My favorite quote is, "When you look through space, you are looking through time!" If we can see the edge of the universe today we are indeed looking billion of years into our past. [link to www.dailygalaxy.com]

If we can look into space and see the birth of our universe then we should be able to look through space and see the birth of our planet, and it should be much closer. It has been in front of our face the whole time.

We can reuse the same area of time that the planet can sustain life over and over again. We will not have to search for another planet to colonize. We are creatures of Earth we simply can just reuse Earth.

The Egyptians also left clues about 2012 could they have been taught by a time traveler? What about the afterlife could we have misinterpreted their understanding of this bubble of time? [link to www.foxnews.com] They worship a symbol called an Ankh which means “Eternal Life.” We use the same symbol today that represents the planet Venus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its absolutely rediculous and is totally not true, but its still interesting. /tinfoilhat
    By the time I reached the end of this, this movie scene was all I could think of.

I know you didn't actually write this, but god was it ever stupid.

The OP's story is in fact true.

I know this because I am from the future...

... and my ancestors put pyramids on Mars.

My name is Voltronius Megolamanius.

That is all.

Something about this isn't right. If anything Venus used to be earthlike. But it couldn't have been; the chemical composition is very unlike that of earth. There is barely any water and ~96% CO2. Nothing could live there now or have lived there in the past or future. The planet is very hot.

Opposite things happen to be wrong with Mars. The planet itself is very cold, at its warmest the planet is 35*C. The atmosphere is ~95% CO2. There happens to be a nice bit of water on the surface but most is on the north and south poles as ice. The atmosphere has 220 ppm water vapor. Mars is very likely to be a future home for humanity. But venus is no good.

I have to agree that it is indeed interesting. But it totally lost me after the fact of Jupiter.

We all know that Mars use to be earth like or close to it. I remember reading that at one point in time Venus was on its way to being earth like but instead turned into the living hell it is today. As someone has said you can terraform Mars, but I'm not sure about Venus. They are in the range of the sun that can sustain life as we know it.

*I would like to point out I went back and read and totally missed the part about the pymarids. LOL. But there was a time when people entertained the idea that Venus was a topical jungle under all the clouds, until Russia sent a satellite there. So I'm sure at one point people have entertained the idea of Mars being like Egypt.*
    Last edited by Usako; 2013-01-14 at 01:50 AM.

How about we go with this theory - Venus and Mars merged to become Earth. As humanity matures the Earth will be allowed to enter into the larger galactic environment and the current Venus and Mars will merge to create a new Earth which will be populated with 'infant' Souls to begin the long evolutionary process much like we have and are still going through Peace

In 2012 there will be a transit of Venus. Venus will be between the Sun and earth in it's orbit. When an asteroid impacts Earth, and Earth loses some of its mass as debris into space, Venus will attract a lot of that debris and that debris will cluster together creating Venus first moon(Earth). The remainder of the debris will stay in earths gravitational pull and cluster together creating a second moon(mars)
    You know, it's generally a good idea to leave out information that may demolish the argument you're trying to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    People actually believe stuff like this?
    Considering that there are people who believe that you can predict future events on earth in our personal lives by interpreting celestial signs...

Yes, people probably believe stuff like this.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its still interesting? WoW lore isnt real, so should people not post about it?
    People should not post WoW lore like there's any science behind it, no.
    Putin khuliyo

OP is ludicrous, of course.

But the ankh and the symbol of venus is why I'm posting. Everything in OP is incorrect, of course, but this is the one that might confuse people (because amid his bad astronomy, some bad symbology will seem unimportant). The symbol for Venus and the Ankh are only superficially similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankh

This is a heiroglyph. It also appears in paintings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_symbol

The first thing to note is that these are DIFFERENT SYMBOLS. The top of the ankh is NOT a circle. The bottom of the ankh has the horizontal of a cross, and also goes down- but it does NOT have the same shape as the venus symbol. Venus is not associated with eternal life- she's not even a psychopomp! The superficial relation with these symbols is just that.

Now that I've stopped laughing, lets list everything wrong in the OP =D IGNORING the time travel mumbo-jumbo.

Oceans of plasma? In planetary conditions, Venus or otherwise, plasma isn't a sustainaible condition. There might be passing moments of minute traces of plasma in burning reactions (with flames) but these require special conditions even by Venusian standards. There are no conditions that would allow both plasma and a solid surface exist simultaneously, which is why you'll only find plasma inside massive objects or in space.

When gravitational condensation is factored out, mercury is 20.7% denser that earth. How do you suggest it manages to greatly expand its internal structure while accumulating substantial mass? While we are at it, same holds for Venus. In an collision capable of forming the moon, Earth (or in your scenario, venus) would have LOST substantial amounts of mass.

And while we're at it, Mars isn't just a bit smaller than Earth. It has 10.7% the mass, and 15.1% of the volume. Note that it also means it is less dense than any of the planets you call its predecessors. Any impact capable of reducing it by that much would have completely annihillated it, and at the very least made a huge debris field on the smae orbit. I can't read your link since it only takes me to a front page, but quite frankly, if they claim this is feasible I already know they're bogus.

And Mars's moons are tiny. You could put them together and not get shit. You add them to mars and how much of Earths mass do you have? 10.7%. Like adding two specs of dust on a chiken egg and say it now weighs more than a bowling ball. This alone should set off your "obvious bullshit" klaxxons. That, and it's already 2013.

What, prey tell, would cause an explosion inside jupiter? It doesn't have a surface to collide with. It has had fully fledged comets collide in it and not flinch. An event making a gas giant lose its layers would have to be releated to solar activity, and that would just blow them right away from the solar system and not allow any sort of rings to form. Of course, this would do nothing to hamper Jupiters ginormous magnetic field, compared t which Saturns field is weak as chicken shit.

Saturn is also much less dense than Jupiter. A solar even capable of delayering Jupiter would almost completely annihillate Saturn. And, sa said, not allow rings to form.

Even if such an event was somehow possible, Jupiter would have lose helium from its inner structures while leaving its outerl ayer relatively untouched to match Saturns composition. And free gasses in the solar system get blow away by the solar wind. So when saturn turned to uranus (losing a third of its mass in another physically impossible event) and at the same time time gain ~7 earth masses worth of helium?

While neptune is very much like Uranus, what do you suppose changed its axis? Uranus has a tilted axis so its pole is set almost towards the sun. You suggest whatever changed saturn into uranus trashed its axis, and the next similar ecent put it back like how it was again?

Neither sets of planets show any kind of a chronological progression to anyone even minorly knowledgeable in the subject matter. You could as well be watching pictures of a watch, all showign a date and time, and asked to put them in a chronological order. When you did, smug f your obvious answer, the clocksmith chuckles and tells you that obviously, none of them are running or even the same watch. They just look the same to an untrained eye that knows nothing about watches.

Also, this kind of embarassing stupidity isn't what the wuote "watching through space is watching through time" means. It's about the speed of light, and us being able to see how space was in distant past because we're only now seeing the lgiht from some objects back then. The backgrund radiation is 13.77 billion years ago, btw. Not a billion. Which also keeps us form seeing the birth of the universe. So the continuation is double false (and no, that doesn't make a true).

And then we get to end that is pretty much more mubo-jumbo about wisful interpretation of ancient religious symbolism.

And finally the line that could have saved me a lot of time. Crap. Screw it, it's written and I'm not rephrasing it! it's 2am, astronomer gotta sleep!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Not entirely true. The sun's luminosity only has to increase a matter of 10% before Earth is no longer in the habitable zone. This will happen in about a billion years.

So life on earth, which emerged 3.8 billion years ago, exploded 530 million years ago, ends in about a billion years when our oceans evaporate and for the first time since the few-million year period during, formation of the solar system, Earth is a waterless world.
    This.

Earth will become Venus-like as the Sun ages, not the other way around.

Deleted
    my god, I feel less intelligent just for reading that.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    So if you acknowledge that it was ridiculous at the end of the post, why post it?
    Because it's still a cool read and something very interesting to consider...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water