Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

For those of you who want to stop losing BGs. OQ

Go to curse.com and look up the addon "Oqueue"

It's an addon that finds premade groups for you. The guy who put it together even has a 500 man ventrilo server available to use when organizing groups. Groups are going at all times of the day for bg's, rbgs, dungeons, sha of anger.

You bring up the oq list, and it shows how many groups are formed with any gear or rating requirement that the leader impliments.
    You then submit your battletag and the addon sends your gear and info to the raid leader and he decides whether or not to group you.
    If accepted you're put directly into group and required to join ventrilo.

No bots, No afk's, Just 9 or more other people just like you who hate losing bg's because of bots.

I've got something like 70+ games and 2 losses. When before getting the addon I had to do 5 or more randoms just to get my daily win. I'm actually doing bg's for fun again and I love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delznope View Post
    Go to curse.com and look up the addon "Oqueue"

It's an addon that finds premade groups for you. The guy who put it together even has a 500 man ventrilo server available to use when organizing groups. Groups are going at all times of the day for bg's, rbgs, dungeons, sha of anger.

You bring up the oq list, and it shows how many groups are formed with any gear or rating requirement that the leader impliments.
    You then submit your battletag and the addon sends your gear and info to the raid leader and he decides whether or not to group you.
    If accepted you're put directly into group and required to join ventrilo.

No bots, No afk's, Just 9 or more other people just like you who hate losing bg's because of bots.

I've got something like 70+ games and 2 losses. When before getting the addon I had to do 5 or more randoms just to get my daily win. I'm actually doing bg's for fun again and I love it.

Addons like that are banned and can get your account banned

Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    I’ll try to break it down as clearly as I can:

Any addon that enables a full, organized Battleground group to queue against a randomly assembled group is creating a scenario where that coordinated group has a huge advantage. That is not in the spirit of the experience we want to provide in the normal Battleground queue. Playing with friends is fun and important, but it shouldn't come at the expense of the spirit of the game nor the fun of others.

The normal Battleground queue is for players to jump in and play against other players in a similar situation. We realize that it's not a perfect system, and we're still looking at ways to improve normal Battleground queues further. Regardless, it's not meant for organized groups to "pug stomp" and get quick Honor. We have built in outlets for players that want to organize--if a competitive, social experience was really the goal, then there are clear ways to achieve that.

The ultimate effect that this kind of queuing has had is to drive players away from PvP. Perhaps it's been a long time since you've been in a random group, but a lot of players will see that they're up against a premade and simply quit. At best, they suffer through it. To an extent premade groups count on this. Heck, one of the popular addons announces opposing players that appear to have rage quit.

Addons aren’t really a viable solution for botting issues, but we do take those issues seriously and we'll continue our work on improvements to the Battleground system, including better ways to deal with botting and other exploitative gameplay.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...20?page=11#214
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-01-13 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Addons like that are banned and can get your account banned
    What rule is this breaking? I don't see any, All this does is basically sends one of the leaders a link to your armory and he/she decides if your gear / ratings are up to par with what his/her standard is, Also I've never seen someone get banned for an addon, Unless this addon plays your character and ques you up, This is fine.

This is like OpenRaid except its purely for PvP and an in-game addon

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    ’ll try to break it down as clearly as I can:

Any addon that enables a full, organized Battleground group to queue against a randomly assembled group is creating a scenario where that coordinated group has a huge advantage. That is not in the spirit of the experience we want to provide in the normal Battleground queue. Playing with friends is fun and important, but it shouldn't come at the expense of the spirit of the game nor the fun of others.

The normal Battleground queue is for players to jump in and play against other players in a similar situation. We realize that it's not a perfect system, and we're still looking at ways to improve normal Battleground queues further. Regardless, it's not meant for organized groups to "pug stomp" and get quick Honor. We have built in outlets for players that want to organize--if a competitive, social experience was really the goal, then there are clear ways to achieve that.

The ultimate effect that this kind of queuing has had is to drive players away from PvP. Perhaps it's been a long time since you've been in a random group, but a lot of players will see that they're up against a premade and simply quit. At best, they suffer through it. To an extent premade groups count on this. Heck, one of the popular addons announces opposing players that appear to have rage quit.

Addons aren’t really a viable solution for botting issues, but we do take those issues seriously and we'll continue our work on improvements to the Battleground system, including better ways to deal with botting and other exploitative gameplay.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...20?page=11#214
    This is from what I remember a response to a "Why can we only que with 5 players for a Random BG" post, This has nothing to do with them being bannable or Blizzard saying that this is an exploit

Please for the love of God read what your quoting before you post it, Especially if you're taking it out of context
    Last edited by HalseyUS; 2013-01-13 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Blizzard Response

Halsey - Semi Retired | US[/URL] | Signature made by i4ni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HalseyUS View Post
    What rule is this breaking? I don't see any, All this does is basically sends one of the leaders a link to your armory and he/she decides if your gear / ratings are up to par with what his/her standard is, Also I've never seen someone get banned for an addon, Unless this addon plays your character and ques you up, This is fine.

This is like OpenRaid except its purely for PvP and an in-game addon

read the blue post I quoted.

Also

here
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...20?page=12#231

and here

]In patch 5.1, we resolved some issues regarding how Addons interact with the Battleground queue system. It is no longer possible to automate queuing for standard or random Battlegrounds in groups larger than 5. We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players who are queueing into random groups normally and expecting to face similarly random groups, only to find themselves crushed by a full team of coordinated opponents.

We understand that players want to enjoy coordinated team play, and we invite those players to queue into Rated Battlegrounds or play Wargames to have that experience. Players can continue to use Addons to queue for Rated Battlegrounds as well.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199643338#1

Try reading them all.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-01-13 at 08:40 AM.

[QUOTE=Alastaircrawly;19807603]Addons like that are banned and can get your account banned

’ll try to break it down as clearly as I can:

Nowhere in any of that says that your account will be banned. Right now at 2:20 in the morning there is 26 premades going.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 08:33 AM ----------

]In patch 5.1, we resolved some issues regarding how Addons interact with the Battleground queue system. It is no longer possible to automate queuing for standard or random Battlegrounds in groups larger than 5. We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players who are queueing into random groups normally and expecting to face similarly random groups, only to find themselves crushed by a full team of coordinated opponents.

We understand that players want to enjoy coordinated team play, and we invite those players to queue into Rated Battlegrounds or play Wargames to have that experience. Players can continue to use Addons to queue for Rated Battlegrounds as well.
    Well since OQ is not automated this post is invalid. Still, the post said nothing about banning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try reading this

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199643338#1

Now think about it really hard. Using a add on that blizzard broke.

Like I said before, OQ is not automated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said before, OQ is not automated.
    Well I guess your right. Seems they changed their mind in since dec 5th

Originally Posted by Greg &quot (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We have no problem with queuing mods. They should still work. We do not like using them to get around premade rules.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...62299779960832

Edit:

https://www.threadmeters.com/wow/v-8...e_a_3hour_ban/

Guy got a 3 hr ban back in dec for useing it
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-01-13 at 08:42 AM.

So the guy in that twitter post said "we (meaning blizzard i'm guessing) have no problem with q'ing mods(which is what OQ is)

Thusly you cannot get banned for using this addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the guy in that twitter post said "we (meaning blizzard i'm guessing) have no problem with q'ing mods(which is what OQ is)

Thusly you cannot get banned for using this addon.
    Like I said before blizzard policy changes weekly it seems

Deleted
    I remember having heard/read somewhere that all addons at Curse are accepted by Blizzard. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    But if this is the case then it's a good pointer.

Deleted
    What Blizzard is saying is you can queue with max 5 people. If you want to queue as a raid group you can queue rated BG. Else, you're breaking ToS. Simple really. But some people just don't want to listen...

I said ages ago Preform AV enabler was circumventing game mechanic. It is really, really simple. If Blizzard wants you to queue with 39 other freinds they'd enable this feature. Then it'd possible to queue with a raid group. But it isn't. Now they finally have become more clear and firm on this matter.

The only functionality that isn't allowed is when the addon automatically queues all people in the group at the same time, without using "Join as Group", which is what Preform AV Enabled is doing, for example. The reason for this is that premades are handled differently by the matchmaking system than normal queues, and if such addons are allowed, the game can't recognize is someone is actually queing solo or as a premade.

how can you stress someone to read something without explanation of what it is they should be reading it, and how that matters? doesn't make sense to me because you aren't actually making a point, you are just telling someone to read something and interpret and misread it however he wants etc.

"Players can continue to use Addons to queue for Rated Battlegrounds as well."

doesn't this imply that players can also use addons to queue for regular battlegrounds?

if you can que into battlegrounds as a group but with 5 people than using that addon should still be fine as long as you aren't queueing with more people, regardless if the addon would allow you to.

anyway im gonna try it out especially if it can work for rated battlegrounds. being able to cross server pug that should be amazing. (if i understand thats what it can do)

Deleted
    The addon all those blues are referring to is premadeAV enabler, not OQ

oq works like yr "guild runs or friends runs" work. u add ppl on battletag, u run 5 man grps with them like any 5 friends can do. and THANK the author for it. no more retards (well not those 5).. no more bots. and for the first time i was able to do rbgs in my life. my server sucks hard so OQ was the only option. again
    THANK YOU authot.

All OQ is at the moment is a Cross realm looking for group system pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by devilminion View Post
    oq works like yr "guild runs or friends runs" work. u add ppl on battletag, u run 5 man grps with them like any 5 friends can do. and THANK the author for it. no more retards (well not those 5).. no more bots. and for the first time i was able to do rbgs in my life. my server sucks hard so OQ was the only option. again
    THANK YOU authot.
    Amen, made bg's fun again.

Sounds pretty tight; makes me want to actually pvp again as I've only been pveing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome man, just downloaded the addon. There seems to be no premades currently going on for me though. Also, should I of accepted the invite of the scorekeeper... or not? xD