10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles to Start Filming in April?

Quoted from comingsoon.net
    "The upcoming Michael Bay-produced Ninja Turtles is looking to start production soon as Production Weekly is reporting that the new movie will start filming this April in New York.

To be directed by Jonathan Liebesman , Ninja Turtles is currently scheduled to be released on May 16, 2014, the same date as Warner Bros.' juggernaut Godzilla.

There's been quite a bit of controversy about the project. It all started when Bay said that the turtles in the movie would be of alien origin and then the name was shortened from "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" to Ninja Turtles. Bay defended that decision with the following statement last March:

"Paramount marketing changed the name. They made the title simple. The characters you all remember are exactly the same, and yes they still act like teenagers. Everything you remember, why you liked the characters, is in the movie. This script is being developed by two very smart writers, with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles. They care VERY MUCH about making this film for the fans. Everyone on this team cares about the fans. Just give them a chance. Jonathan the director, is a major fan of the whole franchise. HE'S NOT GOING TO LET YOU DOWN."

Personally I though Ninja Turtles movie had been canned due to so much outcry. What do you guys think of this? Appearey the only thing of alien origin is the Ooze which makes sense as anyone who read the original comics would know that it was the case. Turtles are hopefully going to be normal pet turtles before the mutate.

Are you still dreading this movie or just going with the flow now?

EDIT: Also I would like to asks anyone to get a moderator to merge this with the other Turtles movie thread, because I couldn't find it. and if this topic has alreayd been stated please delete.
    Last edited by Orby; 2013-01-13 at 12:32 PM.

I dont think it will be good. People will still see it and it will make money though. Quality and backstory wont affect that.

I will reserve judgment, but with Liebesman directing, I'm not hopeful. Imo, his work has not been impressive at all.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

I would say it's not off to a good start but I think if done right it will do well at the box office. It will be most likely be one I catch on free tv rather than the movie theater though

Deleted
    Well, as long as it's only the ooze that is alien stuff, then I won't rage. I still have low expectations, I find it hard to believe that a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie can be anymore than decent, maybe it could surprise me, but I have my doubts with these guys in charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best thing Nickelodeon can do is stop this thing cold and keep developing the amazing homage that is their new tv series.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to double take the title of this thread. At first I thought it meant they were filming the movie inside whatever actress was playing April O'neil, the Turtles' reporter lady-friend.

... I really need to get my mind out of the gutter at some point.

OT: As long as it's not too buttfuck out there (balls on transformers) it should be at least "palatable."

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

Quoted from comingsoon.net

Personally I though Ninja Turtles movie had been canned due to so much outcry. What do you guys think of this? Appearey the only thing of alien origin is the Ooze which makes sense as anyone who read the original comics would know that it was the case. Turtles are hopefully going to be normal pet turtles before the mutate.

Are you still dreading this movie or just going with the flow now?

EDIT: Also I would like to asks anyone to get a moderator to merge this with the other Turtles movie thread, because I couldn't find it. and if this topic has alreayd been stated please delete.
    Everything we remember, except the entire origin story. Screw you Michael Bay! You don't give a crap about fans nor do the producers, anyone that's ever watched a Michael Bay movie would know that very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    I had to double take the title of this thread. At first I thought it meant they were filming the movie inside whatever actress was playing April O'neil, the Turtles' reporter lady-friend.

... I really need to get my mind out of the gutter at some point.

OT: As long as it's not too buttfuck out there (balls on transformers) it should be at least "palatable."
    lol that made me laugh I didnt even think about that when I made the thread... :P