Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Monitorring leads to ban(wonder why this isn't applied on bots)

Hi,

Just wanted to log in and saw I was banned....so I go to my mailbox and find a e-mail from blizzard.

They summed up the list of "insults/harrasment" why I got banned for. Funny thing is, they were all said in party chat with IRL friends.

Why the F*CK do I get banned for that? My friends didn't report me, so they must have monitored me

So......I wonder why can they monitor me and not a bunch of f*cking bots who f*ck up everybody's BG experience

Deleted
    Ok, this is your version.

Now we would need blizzard's version and then the truth.

IT : i suppose bots are smarter than that ?

Don't feel so special, you were reported by someone and they are lying about it.
    Someone would have had to felt harrassed or insulted and reported for them to really even pay attention to that. You think half of the trolls on trade would still be there if Blizz just banned because someone has a potty mouth?

Well if all the worlds bot would be doing your mom on a regular basis and bragging about it in party chat i guess they would get banned quicker.
    Your friends reported you or you got banned for something else ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nuex View Post
    Don't feel so special, you were reported by someone and they are lying about it.
    Someone would have had to felt harrassed or insulted and reported for them to really even pay attention to that. You think half of the trolls on trade would still be there if Blizz just banned because someone has a potty mouth?
    Agreed. This is only half of the story. I have said some pretty despicable things in party chats to my best friends/girlfriends and sometimes even in trade to random strangers and have never been banned but once, in Vanilla for 3 hours or something...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Agreed. This is only half of the story. I have said some pretty despicable things in party chats to my best friends/girlfriends and sometimes even in trade to random strangers and have never been banned but once, in Vanilla for 3 hours or something...
    Here is the mail:

Greetings,

This is to inform you that action has been taken against your account. Please read on for further information about the action taken, and more details regarding the reason:

Battle.net Account Name: xxxxx@HOTMAIL.COM
    World of Warcraft Account Name: xxxx

Account Action: Suspension (72 Hours, Final Warning)

Harassments are a violation of our policies and they have a negative impact on the gaming experience of our customer.

Type of Violation: Harassment
    Category of Violation: Racial/Ethnic
    Character Name Involved: Dubadudu

While we regret to take this type of action, we have determined it to be in the best interests of the World of Warcraft community as a whole, and for the integrity of the game.
    Please note that should any further violations of our Rules and Policies occur, this incident will be taken into consideration when determining the consequences for your account. This could include further warnings, account suspension or account termination.

Chat Evidence:

"HE WAS A NIGGER JEW"
    "YOUR NIGGER ASS GOT JEWED"
    "he invited me but he is a JEWMOTHERFUCKING NIGGER"
    "k was bijna gestopt nigger"
    "leave Q niggers"
    "but flag needs carry nigger"
    "XXXX the realest brittish nigger in charge"
    "with jewish blood"
    "accept nigger"
    "equip nigger xD"
    "we using raidnigger?"
    "WE GOING SUNWELL NIGGERS!"
    "NIGGER"
    "DONT PULL YET NIGGER"
    "CUZ YOUR A FUCKING CUNT NIGGER JEW GYPSY"
    "for saying JEW AND NIGGER IN TRADECHAT"
    "IM JEWBANIGGER"
    "niggers"
    "thx for the wins nigger"
    "NIGGAH"
    "its bout niggahs"
    "get on nigger"
    "move here niggers"

Also note, you must log into the game after the suspension has expired to update the status of the account shown on your Account Management page.

For further information, or to review our current Rules and Policies, please refer to:
    http://eu.blizzard.com/support/index...ategoryId=9740

Sincerely,

Game Master Arrorreetha
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    <http://eu.blizzard.com/support>

Coming to think of it I might know who did it cuz all of these things were said in different groups where 1 of those ppl was at all the time

More then likely one of your friends reported you for the lolz lol.

Deleted
    Regardless of what channel you are in, some words probably trigger an alarm, after which a GameMaster will monitor the chat live.

Enough of the above bad-ass comments and a GameMaster WILL decide you had enough trash-talk for today.

Whether or not you think the language is acceptable or if you should talk to your friends (IRL or not) this way, is irrelevant. You play the game, knowing that the language policies do not condone this type of language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubadudu View Post

"HE WAS A NIGGER JEW"
    "leave Q niggers"
    "with jewish blood"
    "accept nigger"
    "equip nigger xD"
    "we using raidnigger?"
    "NIGGER"
    "DONT PULL YET NIGGER"
    "IM JEWBANIGGER"
    "niggers"
    "NIGGAH"
    "its bout niggahs"
    "get on nigger"
    "move here niggers"
    hahaha what the hell?

Deleted
    Suspension (72 Hours, Final Warning)
    I guess this is not the first time right ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftdreamzAMV View Post
    hahaha what the hell?
    14 year old internet superheroes with personality issues

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh it was definitely a friend, They don't go around Monitoring everyone lol, Certain words are flagged so they can see what's being said, and ofcourse chat is always logged, so they can refer to it at times like this, but they don't actively watch your chat

Well I'd assume someone got bored of your rants and reported you. If I had a *friend* who would spam that in chat during dungeons I would get bored of them very very quickly.

I guess if you do it alot and Im willing to bet you do, blizz gets more and more reports about you and sooner or later they decide to take action. The same thing doesn't happen to bots because I'd bet not enough people report them in each BG.

Deleted

Chat Evidence:

"HE WAS A NIGGER JEW"
    "leave Q niggers"
    "with jewish blood"
    "accept nigger"
    "equip nigger xD"
    "we using raidnigger?"
    "NIGGER"
    "DONT PULL YET NIGGER"
    "IM JEWBANIGGER"
    "niggers"
    "NIGGAH"
    "its bout niggahs"
    "get on nigger"
    "move here niggers"
    and ur actually wondering why u got 3 day ban? lol

Here is the mail:
    Nothing there says that it was random monitoring. You were probably reported by a friend.

Deleted
    One of those 'mates' did report you and is lying about it. It's also not your first ban, so they will act swiftly on any report about you. Next time is a permaban, so I would advise you to finally LEARN THE LESSON!! And you are a disgrace to all Dutch and Belgian people, just saying.

after reading that, if I were your friend, I'd report you to, I am very lenient on words like that being used, but that is way too excessive. My guess is your friend feels the same way. Talking with some decency isn't hard and doesn't take away having fun, but talking like that can take away some of the fun others have if they become annoyed.

So really, if you think you know which friend it was, don't do anything stupid. Instead learn from it and realize that they probably weren't enjoying what you thought was a cool way to talk.

Chat Evidence:

"HE WAS A NIGGER JEW"
    "leave Q niggers"
    "with jewish blood"
    "accept nigger"
    "equip nigger xD"
    "we using raidnigger?"
    "NIGGER"
    "DONT PULL YET NIGGER"
    "IM JEWBANIGGER"
    "niggers"
    "NIGGAH"
    "its bout niggahs"
    "get on nigger"
    "move here niggers"
    You're just a plain idiot. You and your group of friends.

Infraction inc? /shrug

*sigh* I feel like every time I come to check these forums there is always a "omg I got banned" or "why did I get banned?!?!" post.

How about you guys read and abide by the TOS and you wont get suspended/banned, it's really quite easy. Here is the link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

If you feel as though you've been done wrong, then call up customer service or email them and explain your case. However, 99% of the time it's because you broke their rules, and are not the 1% exception.

It sounds as though your friends ratted you out - I doubt Blizz was monitoring you.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    after reading that, if I were your friend, I'd report you to, I am very lenient on words like that being used, but that is way too excessive. My guess is your friend feels the same way. Talking with some decency isn't hard and doesn't take away having fun, but talking like that can take away some of the fun others have if they become annoyed.

So really, if you think you know which friend it was, don't do anything stupid. Instead learn from it and realize that they probably weren't enjoying what you thought was a cool way to talk.
    In my humble opinion, no matter how weird/lame/offensive chat like that may be, whoever reported him 100% should have asked him to stop first.