Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Agreed 100%. Everyone I know who did serious arena back in BC and WoTLK either doesn't care anymore or quit the game altogether. I used to be big into arena back in BC/Wotlk, but now I don't even bother. I try to do 2s and 3s w/ friends just for points, but it's so bad I just get frustrated and quit. PvP in this game needs some serious work.

Main issues right now:

1. CC is out of control. Period.
    2. Win trading is running rampant in RBGs to the point of being completely disgusting.
    3. Too much constant overbuffing and overnerfing, resulting in FOTM classes.
    These are literally the same complaints from BC. Nothing to see here.

10+ Year Old Account
    FOTM classes are fine, most ppl can deal with them but

1: most cc not on DRs is out of control (this is where i lose 90% of my games)
    2: Wintrading is everywhere (while i do like free points, quing into 200 rated wintraders team at 2300 legit mmr nonstop isnt fun, you get nothing and a total waste of time)
    3: (my personal fav) 30% healing nerf is just too much, i can barely survive now
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Couldn't agree more OP.

Imo the absolute worse is that, after implenting pvp power on weapons, they still don't let players buy weapon with honor. This push most of us into things we hate (talking as a Bg Hero): 8s arena deathmatch (low ratings) or win trading Rbg. This fail system to get full Malev 2/2 and roflstomp noobs in what we like: random bg (classic wow pvp with wpvp, those who where here in Classic will understand).

I don't think comparing PvP to PvE (to some degree) is wrong.

Think about this - in PvE, you gain gear by killing weak bosses and as you aquire better gear, you proceed with killing stronger and stronger foes.

But in PvP, you get your initial gear and get thrown in front of an opponent in BiS gear - which is about as same as if you were trying to kill heroic Sha of Fear with 450 quest blues. You'd get destroyed in one or two hits - just like you do in PvP.

PvP was fun for me at the start of MoP, when everyone was on the same gear level, but now, it's impossible to get some better stuff on your alt without going nuts in the gearing process.

Sure, blizz has promised us some change in the next patch, but that is just a bunch of crap to paste when locking threads on bnet forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    These are literally the same complaints from BC. Nothing to see here.
    You've obviously never played any type of competitive PvP in BC. PvP in BC was much, MUCH better in all honestly. Back when the devs cared and gave pvp a modicum of thought. The main gripe was diminishing returns on CC, not the amount of CC there was. Even the majority of WOTLK was decent minus the DK thing in S5.

PvP started on a serious downward path at the tail end of wrath when it became a shadowmourne/trinket burstfest. Early Cata ruined it further and it really hasn't recovered since. Gets worse with every patch.

Please don't try to tell me these are the same complaints from BC. RBGs didn't exist and people wanted DR, not less CC.

Deleted
    After months of ragequiting i tried out this game again to remind me why i hated it. Shadow priests ofcourse. Nice game design. I hit for like 5k while others hits me for like 100k. I dont want to be bothered to check out my gaming skills by using arena ladder to see wether i suck or theres just one special snowflake in that list. I think the latter is the case.

I waited in the graveyard. My team mates were infected by the zombie disease we call B.O.T and there were undead shadow priests just waiting to eat us alive. The pain and suffering i experienced was too much i had to go watch a documentary about rabies and when i came back i had 14 seconds left on laziness debuff while i had 16 secs left in ress timer. And then there i stood like a total idiot outside SW with a deserter.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-15 at 10:46 AM.

You've obviously never played any type of competitive PvP in BC. PvP in BC was much, MUCH better in all honestly. Back when the devs cared and gave pvp a modicum of thought. The main gripe was diminishing returns on CC, not the amount of CC there was. Even the majority of WOTLK was decent minus the DK thing in S5.

PvP started on a serious downward path at the tail end of wrath when it became a shadowmourne/trinket burstfest. Early Cata ruined it further and it really hasn't recovered since. Gets worse with every patch.

Please don't try to tell me these are the same complaints from BC. RBGs didn't exist and people wanted DR, not less CC.
    NO, I was most certainly there. CC was bitched about, just like win trading was in arena. (Instead of RBG's, even though arena trading still exists)

Just like how I tell people I loved the PVE aspect of BC, you are saying the same thing about PVP in BC> I will tell you the same thing I am told: Take off those rose-tinted glasses.

And no, I also heard the opposite of what you said. "Blizzard needs to care more about PVP! Blah blah!"

Yes, these were the same complaints in BC.

Deleted
    This is not the issue. If you did this, the problem of DPS balance would arise. Its not about boss HP/damage. If you did this you could have Fire Mages doing 100k DPS, while the next highest class/spec could be something like BM hunters at 70K DPS and then they keep getting lower from there. This would cause obvious problems..... PVP isn't just balanced around DPS. PVP takes into account cooldowns, survivability, CC and others to find "balance."

For instance, if you used that model. it could turn out that Pally wings would be on a 5 minute CD, this would mean, to make up for a longer CD in PVE, other cooldowns would need to get beetter, which would of course unbalance the PVP again.
    I understand where your coming from but for example that fire mage was pulling 100k dps you can just give the boss more fire resistence, hunters only doing 70k? debuff the boss for more psyical ranged damage, warriors/monks/rogues doing too much at 90K put a debuff on for melee physical damage.

locks down at 40k? make the boss ''vulnerable'' to curses and such like.

as for CD times you could alter those when fighting players or engaged in ''PvP combat'' of course the alternate option would be as the majority i believe would like separate the two completely, that to be honest would be ideal.

its hard for me to explain as i don't have too much time and i am not that good at explaining things in a quick fashion its either ''all or nothing'' with me :P

-------------

They are very much the same complaints, DR was a way to receive ''less'' CC but back in BC there wasn't too much unless chained flawlessly after DR came in asking for less CC now is a slight different complaint but along the exact same lines ''i cant play my character enough''

as for DK's well yes they where horrible but have you forgotten survival hunters, holy paladins and resto druids in wrath S5? they where just as bad hunter / resto was near unbeatable in 2v2 (2v2 still gave rewards until mid wrath i think if memory serves might be wrong though) and mages with near insta sheep and casts via haste being insane?

downhill at shadowmourne?! what about glaived rogues in TBC, haha yes very rare but they where worse than the latest legendary daggers in last season of cata.

Cata's first season and alot of seasons where marred by MMR bugs for the most part and PvE gear being too strong, in my eyes Cata would of been the best PVP to date had those problems been identified and fixed by blizzard before rolling it all out.

MoP S1: not any better nor worse than any other S1 of any expansion, its normall season 2/3 in an expansion which is the best in my memory.

i would have to agree with Lemon, take off those rose tinted glasses.

P.S. TBC was also dominated by RMP in 3v3 only then it was 2v2 everyone was moaning about.

Rose colored glasses? Because I think the PvP in BC and early WOTLK was better? Please spare me.

The PvP in this game has done nothing but gotten worse every patch since the final season in wotlk. Almost everyone who I PvP'd with in BC and Wrath has quit the game citing that it's "broken and beyond stupid". This may be anecdotal evidence but I'm sure a lot of others have witnessed the same thing.

Rose colored glasses? Because I think the PvP in BC and early WOTLK was better? Please spare me.

The PvP in this game has done nothing but gotten worse every patch since the final season in wotlk. Almost everyone who I PvP'd with in BC and Wrath has quit the game citing that it's "broken and beyond stupid". This may be anecdotal evidence but I'm sure a lot of others have witnessed the same thing.
    You have given no real evidence why, except point that 'You didn't play in BC obviously!" Maybe your fun with the game during those times were because of something else.

FotM has been an issue since Vanilla.
    Whining about CC has happened since Vanilla.
    Class imbalance has been an issue since Vanilla.
    People saying "broken this, broken that" has happened since Vanilla.

Maybe you peaked during Wrath, and get your shit pushed in now, and that makes you upset. But pretending like those issues are only a MoP issue is just plain stupid, and wrong.

[QUOTE=Avada Kedavra;19825450]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post

Sampling from the very extreme are we? World of Warcraft PvP is not the dire situation you are making it out to be. Its not cheat mode when they earned the gear. Because I have run RBG's and arena and have the malev gear, you want the game to just give it to you cause you cant beat me? No get ur ass out there are get the gear, its not that hard people. quitchya bitchen. Its COMPLETELY about progression, did it suck for EVERYONE that was rocking a contender set? of course. That is the PvP right of passage, that hasnt changed.
    Its not up to me to get gear genious. Theres a cap, theres nothing i can do about it.
    Its fun that you re arguing somethign that ghostcrawler himself said its going to change because it sucks. It seems like you are terrible at pvp and enjoy killing people in full honor, gratz to you! Did you played Doom with Iddqd ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Its not up to me to get gear genious. Theres a cap, theres nothing i can do about it.
    Its fun that you re arguing somethign that ghostcrawler himself said its going to change because it sucks. It seems like you are terrible at pvp and enjoy killing people in full honor, gratz to you! Did you played Doom with Iddqd ?
    Well it is literally up to you to get gear... if you don't pvp, you won't get gear. If you pvp all day, you will get more gear.
    Last edited by Self Inflicted Wounds; 2013-01-16 at 04:27 PM.

So the post above this is quoting me saying that, but I never said that. Is there something wrong with the sites thread quoting, Ive seen quite a few issues with quoting specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    So the post above this is quoting me saying that, but I never said that. Is there something wrong with the sites thread quoting, Ive seen quite a few issues with quoting specifically.
    Sorry! I think the real poster is messing things up for everyone. He has done that in more than one post. I will try to fix it!

*Fixed. Sorry again.
    Last edited by Self Inflicted Wounds; 2013-01-16 at 04:29 PM.