Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Which class has the easiest DPS rotation?

Ive been playing feral druid since early cata and im used to keep my eyes on buffs, debuffs, DMB timers etc. so i cant see the real action going.

So whats the easiest class to reroll so i can see what is actually going on.

Holy priest dps

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    shadow priest is real easy - from my experience there isnt a massive gap in dps between good and bad spriests. frost DK is also very easy.

Deleted
    From what I played, mage in all 3 specs.

Deleted
    Probably the Elemental Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would go Priest

Deleted
    Elemental shaman and frost dk.

Retribution Paladin Hands down.
    Shadow Priest is close though but at least they have to multidot sometimes

arcane mage in cata (dunno bout mop) frost dk and hunter in cata (we got a ton of buttons to watch now so it isn't as easy anymore)

Windwalker Monks hands down, 2 buffs to keep up, 1 which is usually a free proc, 1 DPS ability to keep on CD, no major CDs unless you took Xuen in last tier. Other than that, rotation is spamming Jab and Blackout Kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Windwalker Monks hands down, 2 buffs to keep up, 1 which is usually a free proc, 1 DPS ability to keep on CD, no major CDs unless you took Xuen in last tier. Other than that, rotation is spamming Jab and Blackout Kick.
    i would agree, however if you don't play the class right people will know your bad. I have seen some bad WW. I mean like really really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    now remove the stacking buff and debuff timer and you have ret paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    now remove the stacking buff and debuff timer and you have ret paladin
    BTW there's no stacking buff and ret has inquisition which is easy to clip too and actually costs you dps to refresh unlike the monks buff. So it sounds like you don't have a good understanding of class mechanics.

I'd disagree with ret/ww and say aff on single target. I mained lock in wrath and it's been an active alt seeing all content since. Ret priority has plenty of opportunity for errors.

Trying to use FoF and EB on cd as a WW without capping energy or missing more than say ~1 sec on rsk requires paying a lot more attention that refreshing your dots on a timer and spamming mg.

The thread is easiest rotation, not easiest to play at optimal regarding trinket procs and the like. I'd bet anything you can't play ret or ww perfectly ignoring cds. Way too many chances to make a mistake, often it comes down to .1 second differences in abilities coming off cd.

Not saying either are hard btw, but to execute the rotation properly... yea harder than aff by far.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2013-01-13 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination rogues. Only one dot to watch, one proc to watch, and two other buttons that you'll hit maybe twice every 10 seconds. Most of the rotation is standing perfectly still waiting for energy. I've actually gotten up in the middle of a boss, found my glasses, cleaned them off, sat back down and hadn't really missed much in my rotation. It's THAT easy.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

im gonna go with sv hunter. took me around 20 mins to master the rotation since i used to play one back in cata.. the mop rotation doesnt differ much. just a few more buttons to press.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Assassination rogues. Only one dot to watch, one proc to watch, and two other buttons that you'll hit maybe twice every 10 seconds. Most of the rotation is standing perfectly still waiting for energy. I've actually gotten up in the middle of a boss, found my glasses, cleaned them off, sat back down and hadn't really missed much in my rotation. It's THAT easy.
    The disappointing truth about Rogues.

As combat, if you make sure to use Slice and Dice at 5 combo points before you leave, you'll be performing ~70% effectiveness while AFK for 40 seconds.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming from the perspective of a person who mained a BM hunter since BC and tried to alt to a mage and feral druid many times over the course of the expansions:

When I play my mage (arcane/frost), I nearly fall asleep at the wheel. She's so boring. Her rotation's a walk in the park as both frost and arcane. But she just hit 90 recently and I only do 5mans with her, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Assassination Rogue.

Arcane mage (MoP) 1111*22(if Arcane missle procs)**3 repeat

10+ Year Old Account
    -no idea why it double posted-
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.