Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    dont think most of the rotations are particularly hard to play these days but some are hard to master. Guess it depends also what u enjoy to play. Me for instance do good dps on all things mellee just cause i enjoy it a hell of alot more then casters wich is why i never bother to learn it properly

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination or Combat Rogues.

Elemental Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    ...I've heard everyone complaining about every dps class at one point. I would say all of them are easy. All have a slight learning curve. Learning to use everything a class has to offer with that spec is what it takes to master them.

All classes go through this curve. You might just find one easier/smoother than the other. But I think it boils down to preference.

For example. My friend cannot get their head around ret paladin no matter how much I insist it's simple. Me? I can't play rogues. It's a combination of a lack of will to learn and just not liking the feel of them. Everyone has their preferences. I find caster classes really easy but I can't stand playing them. I like melee. I like what I play. And I just stumbled upon it by chance. No one told me 'hey play this, it's super easy brah'. I just played it, something clicked. And I was hooked.
    I know all the classes got this learning curve, and everyone could be good with enought practice, but what i was asking is what class got the easiest rotation AKA who has the less buttons to push or less debuffs or buffs to keep up, like people said on this thread monks only need to keep 2 buffs/ debuffs up and use kicks only.

Im only tired of tryharding with my feral druid and doing the same dps (or less) than other classes who are somehow easier to play. So now i want to actually see the fight and not keep watching debuffs i need to refresh every 3 seconds

I find my MM hunter pretty easy not as easy as my combat rogue, but still not a lot of defirence. atleast you always got something to push

not sure how many are using it in PvE, but Arms is insanely easy

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    When it (for ME, not generalizing the classes/specs) comes to highest DPS from the lowest effort it has been Frost DK both cata and mop for me.
    ^ this. Both in PVP and PVE, Frost DK is the lowest form of skill/effort. Followed closely by boomkin, tho they are highly useless in PVP, outside of a random BG setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldaran View Post
    Arcane Mage; PERIOD! The spec has such a simple rotation that it really feels like a joke. When comparing Arcane Mages to other classes that have a much harder time with effective rotation management, its disappointing to see them regularly amongst the top 5 dps'ers in most patches/ expansions when there's such a lack of concerted input.
    You haven't really played a mage in Mists of Pandaira, have you? Sure, the Arcane Mage 'base' rotation is 'Arcane Blast spam until your keyboard begs for forgiveness', BUT.... that is not what arcane mages is about. Arcane Mage is 100% about managing your mana. If your mana is below a certain, small threshold your DPS will suffer considerably. And if it stays too long above said small threshold, your DPS will suffer considrably.

Arcane Mages are NOT an easy class to master now, in Mists of Pandaria. Nowhere near the hardest, but, at the same time, nowhere near the easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    stop using arcane barrage. start using scroch.
    There's no point in adapting your playstyle to using Scorch since 5.2 changes will make such strategies unfeasible for Arcane Mages.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2013-01-14 at 08:33 PM.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

I'm actually really shocked that Ret Pally isn't mentioned more here. Probably due to the belief that my guildie had, that you need an addon to help you with your rotation. It's all very simple:

Judgment > Exorcism (both of these on the pull) > Crusader Strike > Inquisition > Wait and use each of the first 3 as they come off CD > Use Templar's Verdict at 3 HP / If Inquisition is about to expire, refresh it > Mix it up with your Lv90 talent when there's nothing else to do > Watch and cry as your Pally usually has a 3.3 sec swing timer, so he stands there doing nothing for 3 seconds.

I seriously fall asleep when playing my Ret Pally.

From my experience Enha and ele shaman by far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    stop using arcane barrage. start using scroch.
    Barrage is superior if you play it right. Posts like yours just prove that the vast majority of Arcane Mages have no clue how to play their class/spec properly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I was offering factual rebuttal. If you're having trouble keeping up, feel free to take your opinions somewhere other than a discussion forum. Now, if you had something to contribute, by all means, we're all waiting. [COLOR="red"]
    when you actually want to post a real rogue dps rotation other then some over exaggerated and over simplified "put up slice and dice and leave your computer for 25 sec" whining im sure more people will be inclined to take your posts seriously, and therefore actually respond to you in any serious manner.

so when you have something real to contribute, by all means, we're all waiting.

Assassination Rogues, WW monks, Elemental Shamans. In that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Assassination rogues. Only one dot to watch, one proc to watch, and two other buttons that you'll hit maybe twice every 10 seconds. Most of the rotation is standing perfectly still waiting for energy. I've actually gotten up in the middle of a boss, found my glasses, cleaned them off, sat back down and hadn't really missed much in my rotation. It's THAT easy.
    and there is a decent gap between a good rogue and a bad rogue. You are the latter.

You didnt even mention energy pooling and the envenom buff

Fire mage is probably the easiest - and now even "easier" since combustion (the only skill based mechanic the spec has) does less of their overall damage
    Ret paladin is probably the second easiest - you have a decent amount of abilities but you just hit whichever one is off cooldown in order of importance, there are no debuffs to watch and only one 30 second buff.

I havent played enhancement but based on their damage spread it appears to be similar

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    and there is a decent gap between a good rogue and a bad rogue. You are the latter.

You didnt even mention energy pooling and the envenom buff
    "buttons that you'll hit maybe twice every 10 seconds" pretty much covers the energy pooling, I thought.

"Watching" an envenom buff has nothing to do with rotation. Yeah, you want to maximize specials during the buff, but let's not kid ourselves and pretend Assassination is a difficult thing.

Edit: Before you go off rambling about the intricacies of maximize the envenom buff, I know how it works. I have a feeling "nothing to do with rotation" probably has you seething at the core, but let it go. Just. Let it go.
    Last edited by Shaley; 2013-01-14 at 10:26 PM.

assassination rogues hands down on single target
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I have every class in the game besides Monk and I can say with confidence every class is fairly easy to play. If I had to rank all of the dps specs in terms of difficulty it would be something like this:

Assassination Rogue
    Arcane Mage
    Frost Death Knight
    Combat Rogue
    Shadow Priest
    Fire Mage
    Elemental Shaman
    Retribution Paladin
    Survival Hunter
    Arms Warrior
    Enhancement Shaman
    Affliction Warlock
    Unholy Death Knight
    Frost Mage
    Marksman Hunter
    Fury Warrior
    Balance Druid
    Beast Mastery Hunter
    Destruction Warlock
    Feral Druid
    Subtlety Rogue
    Demonology Warlock

I'm sure a lot will agree/disagree but this is my opinion as a person who has played all classes at maximum level (minus Monk). So in general Rogues (especially with Anticipation) and Mages are the best classes for a beginner while Warlocks and Druids are the most complex.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-01-14 at 10:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Mage
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I have every class in the game besides Monk and I can say with confidence every class is fairly easy to play. If I had to rank all of the dps specs in terms of difficulty it would be something like this:

Assassination Rogue
    Arcane Mage
    Frost Death Knight
    Combat Rogue
    Shadow Priest
    Fire Mage
    Elemental Shaman
    Retribution Paladin
    Survival Hunter
    Arms Warrior
    Enhancement Shaman
    Affliction Warlock
    Unholy Death Knight
    Frost Mage
    Marksman Hunter
    Fury Warrior
    Balance Druid
    Beast Mastery Hunter
    Destruction Warlock
    Feral Druid
    Subtlety Rogue
    Demonology Warlock

I'm sure a lot will agree/disagree but this is my opinion as a person who has played all classes at maximum level (minus Monk). So in general Rogues (especially with Anticipation) and Mages are the best classes for a beginner while Warlocks and Druids are the most complex.
    Dunno why but I feel like Demo should be lower

Currently I play a Demo/Aff Lock, Unholy/Frost DK and Ele/Resto Shaman and in order of complexity I would put them as

Aff (Difficult-ish)
    Unholy (Average)
    Demo (Average)
    Ele (Mind numbingly easy to play begins here)
    Frost (Drooling)

I guess different skillsets will speak for them selves, I find it much harder to manage when and how I should be channeling MG and using Haunt than keeping DS Doom+Procs up, refreshing Corruption with procs and moving into meta when I overlap the last sec or so of HoG debuff and spamming SB/SF/ToC otherwise, depending on stance (this is a generalization, naturally). But many people think Aff is easy, or Demo is hard.

Personally I think the easiest class to play at an acceptable level is Frost DK, the core of the rotation involves around spamming 3 buttons, using CDs and keeping 1 DoT up as the other basically autorefreshes.

Obviously if you wanted to squeeze 100% out of the class, the answer would probably be different.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.