Angry Never Buy Cell Phone Accessories from Cell Phone Company

I just bought a new phone from boost mobile (HTC EVO Design 4G). And let me tell you. Look at the price there charging you for there accessories. There selling a 32gb memory card there for $99.99 when you can buy the same thing from Amazon for $30.99 with shipping added. How is this junk legal?

Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Mobile...=micro+sd+card

Boost:
    http://www.boostmobile.com/shop/phon...g/#accessories

This seems like a huge "no shit, huh?" to me, but maybe it'll help some folks.

Why would it be illegal though? No one's being compelled to buy something, I'm fine with making a profit off of stupidity and laziness.

u can sell cardboard boxes for 1 million $, if people keep buying them its going to be a good business, if no-one buys them, no business.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are probaly 1 of the rare ppl who actuly check the prices.....a shop always trys too sell you more, even if the item you are buying is overpriced.
    This is why its always better too look for info on internet before gone shopping because a seller will try too squize as much money as posible out of you.

Anyway did they asked you too pay them extra so your phone has garancy for 1 year? Its also a seller trick.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Welcome to the global market. Some companies sell a pair of jeans for 200$ others for 8$.

Good on you for shopping around, but this is no news. Some people like having the "official" components made by a reputable company than those of unnamed brands. I get where these people are sort of coming from as I was like this in my teens myself especially when it came to clothing. I just shop at primark now ^^.
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2013-01-13 at 05:19 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Best Buy's $100 HDMI cable says hi.

http://www.amazon.com/Link-Depot-HDM...rds=hdmi+cable
    (Actually I think Best Buy charges more like $150 for the 25 foot one).

And that's not even the cheapest you can buy HDMI cable online, but wholesalers are intimidating to people for some reason.

Edit: There's a small variance for quality in some things (like jeans, although I wouldn't put it up quite to $200), but a memory card? Where you know they're selling one of only a few brands 90% of the time? Pretty laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This seems like a huge "no shit, huh?" to me, but maybe it'll help some folks.

Why would it be illegal though? No one's being compelled to buy something, I'm fine with making a profit off of stupidity and laziness.
    No doubt here. Is this not common knowledge? Newegg, Amazon are cheap alternatives. Heck look at DX.com if you want even cheaper and don't mind the month wait for shipping.

Deleted
    I never buy online, why would I? I have an entire city nextdoor to buy stuff (for normal prizes).

-Edit- OMG 420th post, time to light one!

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I never buy online, why would I? I have an entire city nextdoor to buy stuff (for normal prizes).
    because if you don't need it *RIGHT NOW* buying online is a LOT cheaper than buying in-store?